signature_1_35.jpg

#22 Honda_impreza

Honda_impreza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Hard Cornering

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Wow, thanks for all the replies. However, it seems Ive hijacked my own thread lol. All good, nice to meet you all.

Ive been on AUsubaru and I soon found out it's not exactly a tuning site. Great for old L-series 4x4ers I'd imagine.

I've joined wrxclub as an unpaid member and I've found Rexnet to be quite a dead forum in general, and some folks on there with a bit of attitude. After a very long time tuning Hondas, I've been an Ozhonda member for ages. It's a pretty massive forum and members have ebay-style trade ratings which I like. Plenty of p-platers there!

DIY till your fingers bleed or the part breaks. Only then take in to a professional who won't do the work as meticulously as youself

#23 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Remove the pads and apply a small amount of high temp copper grease to the edge of the pad backing plate where it contacts the caliper bracket.
You could also add a light smear of CRC 'Disc Brake Quiet' to the back of the pads.

Works every time. :)

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#24 Honda_impreza

Honda_impreza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Hard Cornering

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Remove the pads and apply a small amount of high temp copper grease to the edge of the pad backing plate where it contacts the caliper bracket.
You could also add a light smear of CRC 'Disc Brake Quiet' to the back of the pads.

Works every time. :)

looks like something like that is in order. I'll do it @ next service.

I hope I can actually jack the car up with my rather low jack. Still havent tried as it's a new car for me. Hopefully the 4x4 spec ride height won't screw me up, bit I'm sure it will. I think it only goes up to 350mm

DIY till your fingers bleed or the part breaks. Only then take in to a professional who won't do the work as meticulously as youself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users