Photo

The new 2009 Mazda 3 MPS

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:56 AM

Focus Xr5 wont even compeate with the mazda. coz all know Fords are shit espesh that pomy crap Xr5 :P just my thought

I'm going to bite onto this one.

Why do you say its shit? From where do you base your real world evidence on to make a comment like that?

And here's a news flash for you.

The Volvo sourced 5 banger isn't Pommy.
The German car isn't Pommy neither.

#22 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:01 AM

The Focus XR5 is a damn nice car.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon EOS 5D Mark | Canon 1D Mark III
16-35mm f/2.8L |24-70mm f/2.8L
85mm f/1.2L | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 580EX-II | 430EX-II x2 | PocketWizard TT1/TT5

#23 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:02 AM

Yeah I have to admit the few things I've heard about the XR5 have been pretty positive... And they few I've seen on the road seemed pretty brisk for a focus.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#24 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:15 AM

Don't count the WRX out of the equation yet... Subaru have listen to the punters trying to put a bit more of a raw edge back into it by increasing kW and Nm. They are also stiffening the suspension and are wider rubber on it.

#25 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:41 AM

the WRX unfortunately suffers from a cheap tacky interior, saddens me everytime I sit in one.... hard plastic as far as the eye can see

#26 jak4cars

jak4cars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

its meh... i remember last year in wheels or motor they put up the gen 4 lib against the mazda 6 mps and said that the rear world performance of the mazda was much better than the lib...the rest i've forgotten. i've always thought of mazda as extreme basic car although i like the look of the rx-8 especially the new one

#27 Black.Magic

Black.Magic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, swimming, walking (as lame as that sounds), my Subaru, automobilia, automotive design, architecture, music, my guitars.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

Maybe MPS is second-rate because it's still a fledgling tuning house. I wonder if STi was ever so-so, at the very beginning? Or is it heresy to even wonder such a thing? hah. As tacky and female-oriented (nothing wrong with that) as the WRX may be, I don't think the Mazda 3 will pose a threat, at least not in this new iteration. Surely Subaru has been collecting all the press clippings on the current WRX and have realised that they made some mistakes with the interior, and with making it look like a bloody Proton or some junk. So I reckon we can count on the next WRX being a ballsy head-kicker, true to the legendary acronym.
Cherry red 1995 Subaru Liberty GX. Sweet rims, no power, utterly uninspiring exhaust note (about to change), and I love it.

#28 93tzlegacy

93tzlegacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

i hope they sort the torque steer out with this one, and i hope the 6 mps makes a come back.

Benny's Custom Works supplying OEM new, aftermarket new and used parts at the best prices 

0415 522 512

wagonsyndicatesig.jpg

#29 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:19 PM

1. I wonder if STi was ever so-so, at the very beginning? Or is it heresy to even wonder such a thing?

2. So I reckon we can count on the next WRX being a ballsy head-kicker, true to the legendary acronym.

1. No, in Genesis, after resting on the seventh day, God did declare, let there be Japan, and with it let all the tuning houses prosper, especially the chosen one, STi.

2. Yeah I agree, I think the next rex will be one bad-ass, ugly, ballsy motherf**ker that makes Johnny Tran in his Silvia s**t his pants. At least I hope, the new one is appreciated by some, but is far too refined, leave the refinery with the Libs, and give the Prez it's dominance back.

And for the record Junkie (Jovan) there's one word for you and your Ford hatch prejudice, Cosworth.

Nick

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#30 Trigga

Trigga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:56 AM

sorry to interupt the actual conversation but did anyone else see the masking tape and go "spiderman spiderman dose whatever a spider can".......

#31 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:16 AM

And for the record Junkie (Jovan) there's one word for you and your Ford hatch prejudice, Cosworth.

fkn BANG!

#32 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:21 AM

fkn BANG!

Haha, Cosworth FTW!

As far as a tuning house goes,, dare I say it... they are more accomplished then STi.

#33 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

Haha, Cosworth FTW!

As far as a tuning house goes,, dare I say it... they are more accomplished then STi.

!ZOMG! It does exist!!

Cosworth STi, it's like when Superman and Wonderwoman have a baby; http://au.youtube.co...feature=related

Every blow-off made me miss the NAA-STi.....*cries*

Nick

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users