• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Masterstumpy

Masterstumpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Thanks :) The wheels are only a temporary fix until I get the money to buy a new set. I don't like them much either, but they're better than what came on it.
I want to eventually buy a nice set of 18s :P

#22 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

The car will be 10 / 10 then.
Very sweet ride that one.
What brand are the new brake rotors ???

#23 motoboy

motoboy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

hope u got a good mechanic doing all this? :sarcastic:

#24 Masterstumpy

Masterstumpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

PBR Rotors QFM pads

#25 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Surfing

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

hey mate,

how did you tint the rear lights? did you do it yourself? Looks good mate...

1zvaasj.jpg6xu6h5.jpg2jg734g.jpg

#26 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Something that will make the front of it look much later model is a set of the STi projector (JDM?) head lights. I reckon they look great on the bug eyes, not a real fan of the factory reflector ones. Also, I reckon mask up around the wheel wells and give them a coat of matt black spray - the dull blue overspray in there looks odd me thinks.

Car is looking great, rear update looks very good, something so simple but is strikingly different. Kudos.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#27 bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Plus it all looks good :)I hope in the near future to either paint the arches black or re-tar them so that the wheel arches are nice and dark. Any advise, hints or tips with that, let me know :)

Get a couple of cans of stone guard (like this; http://www.superchea...508#Description - 3M also make one).

Wheels off, wash them, dry them, wipe them over with wax & grease remover/prep-sol and go to town.

2002 Outback - it's gone...

#28 Masterstumpy

Masterstumpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

hey mate,

how did you tint the rear lights? did you do it yourself? Looks good mate...

Yeh, we tinted them ourselves with Nightshade tint - comes in a can. We taped up the indicator/reverse lights, cut away the excess tape, then sprayed them with one coat.

Something that will make the front of it look much later model is a set of the STi projector (JDM?) head lights. I reckon they look great on the bug eyes, not a real fan of the factory reflector ones. Also, I reckon mask up around the wheel wells and give them a coat of matt black spray - the dull blue overspray in there looks odd me thinks.

Car is looking great, rear update looks very good, something so simple but is strikingly different. Kudos.

The blue in the arches is the original paint underneath, but it is something I plan to fix :)
I also have been planning on buying new headlights, I'm not much of a fan either of ther originals.

Get a couple of cans of stone guard (like this; http://www.superchea...508#Description - 3M also make one).

Wheels off, wash them, dry them, wipe them over with wax & grease remover/prep-sol and go to town.

Thanks. I was hoping someone would recommend something :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users