#21 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hi,

Pointing at you, threatening you and bullying you into a confession after the fact is highly unethical.

Perfect point.

Cheers,
Nik

#22 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

Regardless of what people say on here, their personal experiences or other, the fact is mate, you need to lawyer up. No one on here is a qualified lawyer (as far as I'm aware) so regardless of what people say, it more then likely isn't going to be correct for your situation.

I would be copying some of the info from this thread, taking it into consideration, and seeing a lawyer. Thats the only way you're going to get actions, and not just talk.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#23 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hi,

I REPRESENT MYSELF

Cheers,
Nik

#24 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:I was saying "boo-urns"

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

i got caught overtaking and doing 40k's over limit on my green P's. i only got 3 month suspension. 3 years seems like the most ridiculous thing ever. hope it goes well dude. and like everyone is saying. he has no proof except your confession

#25 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Hi,

I got three years.

Cheers,
Nik

#26 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

The correct answer should have been "Sorry officer, I don't remember driving that day, I let a few mates borrow it to move house, not sure who was driving it".

#27 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hi,

Maybe in 1994, Brendan. But these days if you own the vehicle you are accountable.

Unless you have a mate willing to take the wrap.

Cheers,
Nik

#28 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

As others have said, Lawyer up.

He must have been a bored police officer to do that.

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#29 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

Hi,

I REPRESENT MYSELF

Cheers,
Nik

Hi,

I got three years.

Cheers,
Nik

Should have lawyered up.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#30 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hi,

You blow .324, on a fourth offence, and get less. Then we'll talk.

Cheers,
Nik

#31 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hi,

You blow .324 and get less. Then we'll talk.

Cheers,
Nik

Hahahahaha.

#32 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

Hi,

You blow .324, on a fourth offence, and get less. Then we'll talk.

Cheers,
Nik

Not bragworthy.

Opinions, assholes, and all of that.

#33 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hi,

How helpful of you!

Cheers,
Nik

#34 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

The copper sounds like a bit of a power tripped ....person. In your interview, did you discuss how he caught up to you and his intimidating pointing also? He doesn't have any right to do either of these. A copper when off duty must act in every way as a normal citizen, correct, anyone?

Good luck mate.

also, how come you have two user accounts? lol

#35 Marv

Marv

Rapist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Okay, so i know im going to cop lectures and comments for this, but I just want to hear a few valid opinions on my options here.

It's all been said before, but 1) definitely get lawyered up. 2) present well in court (suit, clean/combed down hair, remove exposed piercings, cover tatts, etc). 3) Show genuine remorse for your actions. 4) DO NOT LIE. Tell the truth. You did something wrong, admitted to it, do NOT try and back-pedal out of it now. Show you are an honest person willing to admit their mistakes. The judge should take that into consideration.

unless he has proof, its his word against yours. How does he know you were goin 30 over. Is his speedo in check to proove that. Why was he travelling at that speed 'off duty'?.

A court will take a police officer's word over a citizen's word every day of the week. It doesn't matter if he was off or on-duty. Police had a responsibility to act on crimes/offences even when they're off-duty.

I would dispute the over 30 kms charge as he was not in a police car & didn't have a radar etc, his personal car may have a faulty / incorrect reading speedo. So he can only estimate how fast you where going.

Courts will take an officer's estimated speed as evidence, seeing how they do this for a job. It has happened many times before - people have been convicted of speeding without a radar reading ;)

If it was, were you ever told of your rights? ie; "you have the right to legal representation" etc etc....

Stop believing everything you see on American police dramas
Pork Hunt Motorsport

Posted Image

#36 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

A copper when off duty must act in every way as a normal citizen, correct, anyone?

Correct. I suppose they would be expected to intervene in some cases, but exceeding the speed limit by 30km/hr is certainly not one of them, when off duty, or not "exercising a power, or performing a function." That means even when on duty, it's not legal for them to speed for no reason.
http://blog.une.edu....-for-no-reason/

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#37 Meadyy8

Meadyy8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

So guys went to court yesterday, and came out with the best result possible. Prosecution dropped the speeding charge, so i was only done for 'Driving dangerously, furiously, recklessly or at a speed dangerous to the public' or something along those lines. I got a 12 month Suspension, and a $600 fine. My time was backdated to the day i lost my license, so i have 11 months to go basically..

Its gonna be hard, and my parents are both already over picking me up from work at late hours, but They drive my car, and i pay for fuel, so its not too bad :)

Thanks for all your help though guys, really appreciate it!

#38 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

Well done for taking it on the chin, mate. Sucks that you're without a license for a while but thems the breaks!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#39 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

Buy an electric scooter, or strap a two stroke motor to your push bike.

#40 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hi,

Neither of those will help him if he doesn't have a licence.

Cheers,
Nik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users