18 replies to this topic

#1 12.SLOW

12.SLOW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Interests:cars

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

hey guys looking at buying new subs looking at buying 2 would like some advice on this know a bit about brands and stuff but i am looking at buying comp subs want lots of bass looking at buying 2 or 1 depending one wat they put out if need be will buy amp aswell so best kind and were to buy them from would be gr8 thanks guys

If You Dont Love Your Car Love Your Mum 

Slower Then The Rest 

50.CYA

YAMAHA R3 2015

#2 00libertyrx

00libertyrx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Fishing,Camping,Cars,
    Mischeif and shenanigans.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

ive run my dual kicker comps 12' for the last few years and they Posted Image'ing thump for a mere 400w rms, my entire car gets crazy flex, ben also has a set he seems to enjoy you can buy them with the amp to suit in a pack thing for under 1k best ive ever owned, or go for option audios more expensive but there insane
" You never once paid for drugs, not once "

#3 vicelore

vicelore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Subbies, Dubs, Boost, Beer , Wine , My Two Awesome Girls

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

I run JL.. love..

#4 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

ive run my dual kicker comps 12' for the last few years and they Posted Image'ing thump for a mere 400w rms, my entire car gets crazy flex, ben also has a set he seems to enjoy you can buy them with the amp to suit in a pack thing for under 1k best ive ever owned, or go for option audios more expensive but there insane

+1. im running the comp kickers in the kicker box with kicker amp and kicker 4g wire kit, in the wagon you can make coke cans jump up and down on the roof and im my old impreza, i could shake p plates off and the rear vison mirror got shaken off one day.

freeway.jpeg 

#5 00libertyrx

00libertyrx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

+1. im running the comp kickers in the kicker box with kicker amp and kicker 4g wire kit, in the wagon you can make coke cans jump up and down on the roof and im my old impreza, i could shake p plates off and the rear vison mirror got shaken off one day.

Same here, except it cracked the garnish on my boot so its leaky and rattles constantly lol +1 for kicker

#6 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Photography, My Subaru, My Girl and sport!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

I'm running an alpine vr music max 1000w sub with a piddly 150w rms into it an it's so deep and articulate... One or 2 of those in a sealed box with a decent dual mono would blow almost anything away... It will all come down to the box though really... I went for sealed as I want the most musicality, not spl... End of the day power equals clarity... So feed it with as much power as you can afford, use good speaker cable and worship thine dynamat... And really think about your box choice. All the above is the best recipe to good sound...

1st 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q. What a rocket!
2nd: Gen 2 RX... Loved and lost...
3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink
5th: More civilized now... with a Heritage Wagon... now gone...
6th Mitsubishi KJ Verada..."its nothing like a suby" now gone...
7th: 2002 B4 Liberty TT....

8th: MY04 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Pack Wagon

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com
582620_371706622901614_542168895_n.jpg

#7 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

hey guys looking at buying new subs looking at buying 2 would like some advice on this know a bit about brands and stuff but i am looking at buying comp subs want lots of bass looking at buying 2 or 1 depending one wat they put out if need be will buy amp aswell so best kind and were to buy them from would be gr8 thanks guys

It sounds like you know not a lot about car audio, so let's start off with what sort of sound you're looking for. You don't need competion gear or to spend a lot of cash to get thuimping bass. The setups the guys have mentioned above are all good, but will you be entering comps?

For example, I've got a slimline 10" cadence running off a monoblock amp that pumps out some serious bass. It's all relative I suppose.

#8 WALKER

WALKER

SAM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Plus, the guys above are running comp subs in wagons.. It'd be completely different in a sedan :D

Posted Image

#9 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

I run JL.. love..

+1
Posted Image

#10 neni

neni

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

Running alpine type r sub with Rockford amp pretty good

#11 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

Plus, the guys above are running comp subs in wagons.. It'd be completely different in a sedan :D

+1 to that aswell, had my set up in the impreza sedan and was shit, they are so much better in the wagon where they can move enough air.

freeway.jpeg 

#12 bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Why not just buy 1 good sub?
Digital Designs, I.D, XXX, RE Audio, Diamond Audio etc etc.
But as someone above said, what do you want? Just doof doof, sound quality or both?
How much do you want to spend?
Got an amp and cables already?
Going to install it yourself?

2002 Outback - it's gone...

#13 Zach.

Zach.

#aidsmobile

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:Toyotas, Bitches, Drugs, Motorbikes, Goodtimes

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

HOLYSHIT! I bought that same set-up off ebay for $120 and gave it to ben for a single12" and $50 hahaha i hate subs though...

Cheers,
Zach.

Go away you coathanger dodging failed abortion.

#14 Meadyyy

Meadyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Depends on your budget but, RE Audio or Memphis Audio. A mate of mine had 2 x 15" RE subs, and a 2000w amp, and it was crazy loud, to the extent you had ear drum flex and could feel pressure on your esophagus. Cant say it was the loudest id ever heard haha. Another mate wrote of a VW transporter purely from bass haha. but that was just ridiculous. Personally i run a Alpine 12' Type-R sub, on a 750w Amp and does alright for what i want :)

#15 00libertyrx

00libertyrx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

HOLYSHIT! I bought that same set-up off ebay for $120 and gave it to ben for a single12" and $50 hahaha i hate subs though...

Cheers,
Zach.

lol yeahh i bought mine off the shelf the day they were released with a 250$ discount haha it was the tails flip of a coin that decided weather my wallet opened, so glad i did

#16 12.SLOW

12.SLOW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Interests:cars

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

got guys i looking to go into comps db comps but i want the system for ever day use aswell so will prob have to retune it for comps and single will be fine just want a good good comp sub for dbl comps :D
sorry bout late replay just moved house

If You Dont Love Your Car Love Your Mum 

Slower Then The Rest 

50.CYA

YAMAHA R3 2015

#17 bd-850

bd-850

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

Have a look at Repco. Atm Pioneer sub 12" $79 save $60

I just got 2 today

#18 00libertyrx

00libertyrx

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

got guys i looking to go into comps db comps but i want the system for ever day use aswell so will prob have to retune it for comps and single will be fine just want a good good comp sub for dbl comps :D
sorry bout late replay just moved house

i just have a bass controller under the stereo, connects to the amp if i want to tone it down or listen to some metallica i just turn the knob. saves me having to bugger about with changing the tuning that took me 3 hours. bass on, bass off lol

#19 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

i just have a bass controller under the stereo, connects to the amp if i want to tone it down or listen to some metallica i just turn the knob. saves me having to bugger about with changing the tuning that took me 3 hours. bass on, bass off lol

Yer best part about the kicker amp set up that comes with our kit, i love the bass controler. can turn it up so it shakes the Posted Image out of everything of all the way down so its like you dont even have subs.

freeway.jpeg 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users