#21 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

meh, cigarette lighter will work.. how often are you really going to keep adjusting the seats?

#22 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

As far as I recall, there is a plug under the seat in the RX. However, from memory this is related to something to do with the seatbelt warning lamp. If I'm wrong, Im sure someone will let us know.

Given that I've literally done what you are trying to acheive (putting electric RSK/B4 seats into an RX), I can say with authority that splicing into the cigarette lighter power supply is fine. You will not blow any fuses in doing this and it's easy to access.

Like I said earlier, all you need is an earth location and a 12v supply.

Yeah I know the RX has one under the seat also. But that is for the seat belt light. My B4 ones have this also but have the plug which I assume is for the motors. I was asking if the RX had a plug under the dash that I could use.

Did you have to find a plug to fit the original plug under the seat? As I would like to be able to unplug to take the seat out rather than cut it.

Thanks heaps for the help by the way.

#23 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

I put GTB seats in my old lib and used the same circuit as the cigarette lighter...

If your concerned about not having a plug, create one... Thats what I did... Its pretty simple

Posted Image
http://www.jaycar.co...w.asp?ID=PP2062

#24 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Yeah I know the RX has one under the seat also. But that is for the seat belt light. My B4 ones have this also but have the plug which I assume is for the motors. I was asking if the RX had a plug under the dash that I could use.

Did you have to find a plug to fit the original plug under the seat? As I would like to be able to unplug to take the seat out rather than cut it.

Thanks heaps for the help by the way.

Nah man, I just cut the plug off and hard wired. It was all hidden and insulated properly, so didn't see the need for a plug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users