72 replies to this topic

#61 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

Your application doesn't warrant new rails. 540cc injectors are the biggest (IIRC) factory injectors. I think any post MY99 rails will fit. But i also think they're identical. So your current items are plenty. The only time i would really consider going to aftermarket items is if you for some reason need to use a different injector or are wanting to run methanol. I seriously think your money is better spent in upgrading the injectors. Or even getting yourself a aftermarket adjustable FRP.
TSM

#62 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:54 PM

Thanx Soop, an adjustable FPR was on the list of things to do. Edit: Will i have to take the engine apart or could i get to these fuel lines easily without hassle???

Just Married

#63 Kosti

Kosti

George Clooney's evil twin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

Fuel starvation is the biggest problem in subaru and the mighty B4.

Also the maps in the ROM are scaled for 550, although without true flow testing I'm guessing they are actually 490 give or take a little.

A fuel Pressure Regulator is a must as too a parallel setup.

I've redone mine, fuel pump, fuel rail, and FPR it's made a massive improvement, but now with my O2 wideband installed I will do some finally tuning and get the pink injectors, sonic bathed, cleaned and flow tested.

Only then with the force be with me!

Thanx Soop, an adjustable FPR was on the list of things to do.

Edit: Will i have to take the engine apart or could i get to these fuel lines easily without hassle???

IT'S A PITA!

but if you need a hand, u know were I live niggr

I recommend, leaving fuel to the pro's, last thing u want is fire and bang, bang bang and fire no good farkin! bye bye B4
I prefer TWINS!

Now anyone up for a friendly game ?

Posted Image

#64 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

Fuel starvation is the biggest problem in subaru and the mighty B4.

Also the maps in the ROM are scaled for 550, although without true flow testing I'm guessing they are actually 490 give or take a little.

A fuel Pressure Regulator is a must as too a parallel setup.

I've redone mine, fuel pump, fuel rail, and FPR it's made a massive improvement, but now with my O2 wideband installed I will do some finally tuning and get the pink injectors, sonic bathed, cleaned and flow tested.

Only then with the force be with me!

Thanx Kosti..... do you think that the setup that Soop suggested will be enough with an adjustable FPR??

What about bigger fuel lines??? as the larger lines would act as a damper in the pressure loss???

Just Married

#65 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

Plenty of people around your area have done it before Jeff. Perhaps give "Not Marv" a shout. He may be able to lend a hand if you want to DIY it.
TSM

#66 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

Cool, thanx Soop i might just do that. And thanx Kosti, I might just do that too ^_^

Just Married

#67 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:03 AM

After great discussion with the Minister of Finance, I've been told that I'll have to wait till next pay to buy a FPR (Next fortnight). So between now and then I'll have to decide on what one to get, and how I'm going to do it. I've looked at a few last night and the magnafuel quickstar one looks pretty good. I remember reading somewhere to stay away from Turbosmart and Sard, alos remember reading that Aeromotive are good. Any others that i should be looking at or not looking at??

Just Married

#68 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

sobar edit: its fast!

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#69 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

hahaha... Thanx Scuba... Its got just enough rumble for Lee and I, we love the boxer rumble, but we don't like the attention of a loud exhaust, that's why it's set up that way I haven't done much to her for a long while as the house, wedding, christmas all took priority so no fuel rail mods or FPR yet :( There's still so much I'd love to do to her, but in all honesty, its going to take a long time. The next thing to get done will be the FMIC will be finally installed and Kosti will get his long awaited Top Mount brackets.... if he still wants them.

Just Married

#70 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

rumbling exhuast would be cool, but it sounds nice inside, and when you left it had a nice quite suby sound. and i know what you mean by attention of a loud exhuast :P give us a shoout when you get around to running parrell rails and the fpr :)

#71 Kosti

Kosti

George Clooney's evil twin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

hahaha... and Kosti will get his long awaited Top Mount brackets.... if he still wants them.

Still holds breath
I prefer TWINS!

Now anyone up for a friendly game ?

Posted Image

#72 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:09 AM

Its been way too long since I've spent any money (besides on regular maintenance) on the car, but with the new house and trying to renovate we just cant afford it unfortunately. One thing that we are getting done today is finally ripping out the after market alarm system that was added by the original owner over and above the standard system. It is a Autowatch system that has a GPS tracking system in it and we think that its causing the battery to run flat. It also conflicts with the brant system from time to time causeing both systems to go off. Hopefully This is the start of another run of "upgrades" to the car........ if the boss gives the all clear...lol

Just Married

#73 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

Its been way too long since I've spent any money (besides on regular maintenance) on the car, but with the new house and trying to renovate we just cant afford it unfortunately.

One thing that we are getting done today is finally ripping out the after market alarm system that was added by the original owner over and above the standard system. It is a Autowatch system that has a GPS tracking system in it and we think that its causing the battery to run flat. It also conflicts with the brant system from time to time causeing both systems to go off.

Hopefully This is the start of another run of "upgrades" to the car........ if the boss gives the all clear...lol

should the thread name be changed to "Lee's B4"? :sarcastic:

as you've said car doesnt really need "upgrades" it already is heaps fast!

should be good with the FMIC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users