• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:cars with boost, cars that need no boost, etc..

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

Damn.. I just realised you don't have a stock front.. your front mount will rule!
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#22 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

Thanx SUBARU we will always love it, I'm sure. BOOST: The intercooler I've got is only a baby one, Not a fan of cutting the crash bar and its not in a very user friendly spot for FMIC. We'll be keeping the horns where they are, the pipework will go up into the front wheel arches probably........unless we come up with a better option while we are making it up. I was considering running it underneath. We paid good money for that front bar (even with insurance covering the cost of a standard bar, fitting and painting) so we don't want to cut into it either. Odeo: We will be getting the usual suspension upgrades, front and rear sway bars, etc

Just Married

#23 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

Odeo: We will be getting the usual suspension upgrades, front and rear sway bars, etc

Good stuff - I just had Whiteline 22mm front + rear sway bars, Whiteline front strut brace and King low's and i LOVE it, its such an improvement over how it used to handle.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#24 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:57 PM

Jeff, Considered some alternative springs? Teins perhaps? IMHO Kings are crap.
TSM

#25 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:29 PM

IMHO Kings are crap.

Crap - no.

Cheap - yes.

Thinking about it now - I should have paid the extra for the Whiteline springs...oh well. Still happy.

#26 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:14 AM

Tein > whiteline > Herpes > kings.
TSM

#27 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:15 AM

When I look at my car I love the king springs.. when I drive over a crack in the road, I hate them.
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#28 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

When I look at my car I love the king springs.. when I drive over a crack in the road, I hate them.

Yes i'm finding that out now too...but coming from the hovercraft it used to be (no feeling at all) its much nicer knowing what's going on underneath me...

#29 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:21 AM

True.. although it's enough to make teh MRS tell me to F**k'em off.. still trying to find a sweet install on the WL 'control' fronts..
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#30 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

Tein > whiteline

Why? Brand ****?
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#31 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

Why? Brand ****?

The free stickers?

Nah if i had the money at the time (had it done same time as 100k service) I would have gone the whitelines...

#32 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

OP (oi, that's you Jeff) When you say baby intercooler, you mean small but perfectly formed right? Did you get one to fit exactly? got pix and dimensionz?
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#33 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:26 PM

I say Tein > Whiteline for a couple of reasons. Tein have a good quality reputation, and a fair list of products to suit our cars. Whiteline don't have a very good reputation (Anymore) and their custom service is f**ked, to put it nicely. Personally i wouldn't buy springs just to lower a car anymore. If i need a car to go around corners quick, Coil overs are the go. If i need a car to drive back and forth to work Billies with the standard (Bilstein) springs will do the trick. Lowering cars with springs IMO is retarded, it doesn't do anything other than f*ck your back on long trips.
TSM

#34 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

I'm with Soop on this one, not really into lowering the car but i do want to reduce the body roll with some thicker sway bars. I've also got a lower H brace to throw on which will help out. Wont be getting lowered springs, its hard enough getting it out of our driveway with the new bar on the front.

Just Married

#35 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

In the end, if the wheel arch gap worries you that much, whack on some larger wheels. STi 18's go well, so and there is a wealth of other aftermarket rims that will fit and look the goods if you put the time in to find the right (correct off-set, and PCD) rims.
TSM

#36 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:56 PM

yeah, the gap doesn't really bother us too much, but I have seen some noice rims that would look shit hot on there.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Just Married

#37 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:37 PM

I say Tein > Whiteline for a couple of reasons.

Tein have a good quality reputation, and a fair list of products to suit our cars.

Whiteline don't have a very good reputation (Anymore) and their custom service is f**ked, to put it nicely.

Lowering cars with springs IMO is retarded, it doesn't do anything other than f*ck your back on long trips.

That's bs mate and you know it. If lowering on springs was so bad why would sti do it? Sure you should ultimately re-set your shocks to suit but.. really, coilovers just don't last the distance on road cars.. or why wouldn't they be oem?

Kings just f**ked it up by going too low or something.. lowering with springs is in no way retarded..
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#38 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

Spring rate is the problem with kings, which is probably due to how much they lower the car i guess. STi springs are around 10-15mm lower. Kings 25-30mm lower, and then tend to sag after 10k-km's. If i were to just change springs, STi pinks is what I'd go for. But then, you may as well get the whole STi strut and enjoy enhanced handling as well. STi match the spring and damper rate, which makes a massive difference, and they lower the car only to bring the center of gravity down, thus why its only 10-15mm. Anything more than that, and i have to ask - Why? IMO it is retarded, as i see it as a pointless modification. We're all entitled to our opinions. To be specific, Lowering a car using kings/pedders/lovells springs on a standard KYB strut (some what used) is retarded. Effectively all it does is limit the suspension travel, and makes the car pitch and wallow worse than a Gemini. Superlows/Ultra lows are for "Special" people, and gimps. (Use ultra lows, and you'll end up a gimp anyway.) Jeff, are those 18" BBS wheels off the S204?
TSM

#39 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:24 PM

To be specific, Lowering a car using kings/pedders/lovells springs on a standard KYB strut (some what used) is retarded.

*Goes away and cries softly while reflecting on his retardedness over his combination of KYB struts and King lows..........

Meh thats the way it came to me. Upgrade later. :P

OEM+

#40 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

they certainly are 18" BBS, but they are off a Liberty S401, maybe off the S204 aswell, I'm not sure, but i definately know they are off the S401. In all honesty CRUISN, if you think it looks the goods, and don't mind the ride quality, then who gives a rats arse what others think..... You ain't retarded ;)

Just Married

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users