#1 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:09 PM

Hey Guys,

Been talking with Paul about site, and also Soop (another Paul) about this site, the physical appearance and additions.

I am going to start working on a theme / skin for the board, which will be fairly light coloured, not too bulky and functional. At this stage, I don't think multiple skins are necessary.

Soop, in our discussions with MSN you have raised a few very good suggestions, so I would like to carry those and add them in to here - and allow everyone to add ideas and comment on other suggestions so that we can shape this forum in to something great for all involved, and allow it to be about you - the members - rather than advertisements, money and other things - that the everyday car enthusiast doesn't want to worry about.

So far (Thanks to Soop) the list is:

- Image Gallery available as an integration in to this board, with members galleries, comments, e-cards, slideshows and more!
- Members builds / projects area available as a sub-forum, and this will be easy to make, mould and use.

Dylan

#2 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:35 PM

Ok guys. It has been brought to my attention that there are some issues on the site, with Javascript mainly. Fast reply is not working for some, and there are errors in various spots. Tonight the forum software will be upgraded to the latest version which will fix these problems. Also, I will be added an 'image gallery' to the site, to allow you to create your own album and upload pictures of your car (s). I will look in to adding more emoticons also. As always, suggestions are welcomed - so please - voice your thoughts on what would make Subyclub a more enjoyable place for you. Dylan

#3 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:02 PM

I think the next step should be to have a theme and logo's made up. Give the forum an identity and character. Then perhaps something along the lines of rep points? Post count is old hat, we need something to differentiate between post whores (HAI BRENDA) and real contributing members.
TSM

#4 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:05 PM

I think the next step should be to have a theme and logo's made up.
Give the forum an identity and character.

Then perhaps something along the lines of rep points?
Post count is old hat, we need something to differentiate between post whores (HAI BRENDA) and real contributing members.

O.K.

A rep. point system is possible, I will look in to adding that tonight.

I am going to perform the upgrade tonight as late as possible - so if people see a 'board off line' message this will be why.

#5 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:09 PM

How long will that take exactly?
TSM

#6 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:50 PM

Upgrade should take a few minutes, I am tempted to do it sooner due to the number of issues currently.

#7 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

Soop, me a post *****? why never.. then again, I didn't have my post count reset to 0 then get it back to 1500 in a week... or have another forum as my home page... sounds familiar don't it.. LOL!!! Hi Paulo.. Someone asked why you were kicked off the other site.. the response was "soop was being soop" heheh, ........ I don't get it.

#8 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

LOL. Good ol cracka. Someone needs to PM him. And again, what a pathetic reply. If you don't my asking, why do you guys still frequent it?
TSM

#9 JRod

JRod

The artist formally known as 988OXR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:35 PM

Hey Dyl. Will the members image gallery have comments available as this was apparently going to happen in OzLib but has never eventuated

Posted Image

As soon as i mentioned 300kw I was in trouble :)

#10 Pete S

Pete S

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

Yea it will do, comments also available on the members profile pages too. Gallery and few other things will be up in the next few days I think.

#11 JRod

JRod

The artist formally known as 988OXR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

Thanks Pete. Is it possible to say put a linked tab in everyones post that will link it to their ride gallery like boostcruising???? If I wanted to see Alexs' car and gawk at it, instead of searching through all the bazillionty other members of this forum in days to come, I can just find one of his posts (not as easy as Soops but(Hai Soop)) and click on the link.

Posted Image

As soon as i mentioned 300kw I was in trouble :)

#12 Pete S

Pete S

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:11 PM

I'm sure it's possible, would probably put the link under member details on the left hand column.

#13 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

hey guys. Jarrod man it does allow comments yep ! :) Thanks pete for your help tonight. I will install gallery tomorrow morning!

#14 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:14 AM

w00t... fast reply works now...!! site's looking good now... it's hard to recruit people without pissing off the wrong people... i mentioned a new forum when someone asked where soop went and foz13 was on that in about 30 seconds.... so, i may have got one person... i guess we don't all want to be banned from ozlib, it still has a bigger knowledge base than here... (for the time being anyway)

2mmwi1w.jpg

#15 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:56 AM

True that, Can't really bite the hand that feeds you.. slowly but surely this place will build up, it's a slow process.. I remember joining ozlib and it only had a hand full of members.. now it's become a juggernaut,

#16 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:39 AM

now it's become a juggernaut,

yeh... a juggernaut of n00bs and shitty admin

2mmwi1w.jpg

#17 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

Honestly. The Knowledge base of Ozlib has moved to this forum. No this is a self absorbed statement, I'm referring to all you guys. I can only think of maybe one or two others still on Ozlib that have half a f**king brain. Brendan, you say you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you. Feeds you what Bullshit and halve truths? As I tried in vein the explain to the half whit running that forum, its QUALITY over QUANTITY. We have the quality i believe. Now, a positive to that big f**k off negative. A couple of things in regards to SC. I think we need identification, by which i mean a logo and perhaps a couple of stickers? I know of someone who can cut stickers, and another who is willing to make a logo/s for us. He wants to keep it low profile though due to his standing with the other abortion of a forum. I'm guessing Frank would be able to whip up some assorted apparel as well if people wanted it. What do the admin say?
TSM

#18 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

i've often considered myself quite handy with photoshop... maybe we could all chip in ideas/logos and we could vote???

2mmwi1w.jpg

#19 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

Logo for the site? kgo :)

#20 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:33 PM

Go for it I say Tristan.

Personally I think Adhering to the "KISS" theory is the go.

Here's my half arsed effort:
Posted Image
TSM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users