1 reply to this topic

#1 twinturbosubaru

twinturbosubaru

Trusted Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Don't shoot me for this, but considering that I have a fairly vested interest in this site I felt it was only fair that I can make a call on this one :)
Complain and I will delete your membership :P .....well not really but I might :)

We need a tech support engineer for our IT/MSP/ISP business.

The role is a mobile one, servicing our clients in the greater Sydney area, own car preferred and we will pay car allowance, or for the right person we will consider providing a vehicle.

Work will be a mix of IT support, desktops, servers, email, applications, etc, plus as we are an ISP as well so there will be comms work, router configs, firewall setups, routing, virtualisation, wireless, etc.
We also provide Voice Over IP trunking and PBX implementations, so you would be working on that, reasonable knowledge of this area would be very advantageous.

If you are interested then please read the following, and read it carefully, we need somebody urgently, so I can't afford time wasters, honestly, don't bother, but if you match the requirements and are looking for a job, even part time might be considered, then PM me !

Minimum Experience is as follows:

- PC Desktops and Laptop support (5 years)
- Server support, windows 2003/2008+, STD, SBS, AD (3 years)
- Router config and TCP/IP in general, if you don't know what a subnet mask is don't bother (3 years)
- Firewall configuration and understanding of how they work and why (3 years)
- Application support, usual MS applications plus a general knowledge of everything else (5 years)
- Printer and peripheral support, setting up, troubleshooting, network printing, scanners, etc.
- Experience with face to face support and phone support, remote support experience desirable.

Preferred experience:

- Good networking skills, sub-netting, OSPF and BGP routing, switch configuration, VLAN's etc
- MySQL configuration and management
- Perl and/or PHP programming experience, real world experience, preferably in an ISP or similar environment
- Cisco router and switch configuration
- Previous ISP environment experience desirable, radius, authentication, PPPOE, etc
- Linux setup, config, management (debian, centos)
- Asterisk setup, config, and management, including trunks, call routing, phone configuration, deployment, etc

The person we need must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team, must be able to work with a ticket system and helpdesk software for allocation, updating, and completion of jobs, as well as being able to think outside the square and take ownership of issues.
The person must be confident and have experience in a face to face support role, this role will be face to face the majority of the time, with the rest being remote support and some internal support.

This is a permanent role, all the normal things apply for super etc, position will be mostly mobile, however we have an office at North Richmond in Western Sydney.

Salary will be commensurate with experience.

Please PM me if interested, don't reply to this thread !

Regards
Paul
GEN4 Black Liberty 3.0R Spec B Wagon
GEN1 Red Mica RS Liberty - Stock factory original

Love is a Legacy, Liberty, etc......

#2 vicelore

vicelore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Subbies, Dubs, Boost, Beer , Wine , My Two Awesome Girls

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:58 AM