#21 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

Hi,

What the Posted Image did you just write Richo?

Hahaha.

Were the bumpers on, Richo?

Cheers,
Nik

#22 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

No... jerks

Stuff goes here

#23 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

thats the problem with those old oiling machines, especially when they arent used in ages. just tend to put the oil wherever they feel like it, and make playing the lane like a minefield. small patches in the middle of nowhere you have to hit and try to match up to.

how bad is the crack? repairable?

#24 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

• I hurt because I've not bowled in 6 weeks
  • The oil was less than optimal and I found it difficult at first to find a ball/line combo which worked
  • 144,189,191 were my scores for the night
  • In the last game I got some shitty pin falls which cost me a good game (I won all my points though)
  • My style is known as a "tweener". http://en.wikipedia....Delivery_styles - Because of the path the ball takes, the entry angle to the 1-3 pin pocket isn't large, I should not have left a 9 pin standing.
  • The bridge is the gap between the finger holes

See the line between the finger holes.. that *not my ball

Posted Image

edit: what the hell just happened with the formatting

I didn't know they wrote an excuse book for bowling too.

#25 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

thats the problem with those old oiling machines, especially when they arent used in ages. just tend to put the oil wherever they feel like it, and make playing the lane like a minefield. small patches in the middle of nowhere you have to hit and try to match up to.

how bad is the crack? repairable?

Not sure it cleaned the lanes, or if it did... not very well.

its ~1mm wide across the whoe bridge. Not really worth doing anything yet. If it chips off I'll get it sorted

Stuff goes here

#26 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Alex - theres a huge excuse book for bowling. we use it often

Richo - shit go. hopefully it doesnt get worse

#27 Brett

Brett

Freshly Squeezed Beer Juice.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts
  • Interests:Neatly organised sock drawers, Giving Zero Phux.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

I still don't know how much an average bowling ball costs to purchase..

Sig worthy.

#28 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Mine was quoted at about $300, but I won a small tournament I was in so it cost me nothing.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#29 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

I still don't know how much an average bowling ball costs to purchase..

Depending on where/how you get it and what tech its made with - up to $450 each.

Stuff goes here

#30 Brett

Brett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Oh. thanks Richo.

Are you sure you didn't edit that post? I remember reading it, but don't remember the bit about $450.

There's a bowling centre at Warwick which is about 3 minutes from home. I've always meant to go and chuck a ball down a lane ( if you know what I mean)

Sig worthy.

#31 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

No I didn't

not sure I do... but I have a few old balls laying around you're more than welcome too if you find yourself wanting to do more than just chuck it down the lane once.

Stuff goes here

#32 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

No I didn't

not sure I do... but I have a few old balls laying around you're more than welcome too if you find yourself wanting to do more than just chuck it down the lane once.

cheapest you will pick a ball up for is roughly 110-140 brand new.

i got some old gear lying round as well i think if anyones interested. with the 3 of us in my family bowling we have acquired a fair bit over the years, the garage is full of bowling stuff.

hopefully finishing work on time today so i can get out of here and go train with some of the guys on the state team. local centre is laying WTBA seoul pattern for us to train on

#33 Brett

Brett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Richo, are you up for beers and bowling then? Id be keen to have a crack.

Sig worthy.

#34 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

i have whats left of today - tues and nothing really planned

Stuff goes here

#35 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

after a fairly decent start to the year average is back up to 216, so hoping to hold it around there for the year. Sitting in first place in our comp with 7 weeks to go so aiming to hold that spot as well.

looks like im going back to Rep this year as well, had the centre manager ask me to come back and bowl again for the centre

#36 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

So I bowled ok last week. Few silly mistakes took 190 - 200 games down to 180ish

This week was ass. There seems to be some guy from Vic in WA at the moment who (rumour has it) is the head tech for AMF. He seems to have them prep'ing the lanes for his shot and ball choice. I had one team mate using his plastic ball and still getting 10 boards of hook. I had to basically trying to get roll out from ~30ft to try and get near the pocket. With the odd hand position, I ripped a hole in my thumb... joy

One of the guys who was training was asked to stop as they're trying to same money by only oiling once and didn't want to redo it once he had finished.

Not a good thing for the centers reputation there

Stuff goes here

#37 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Mark will get this

Managed 593 on some shit lanes again. I was standing 31, hitting 20/22 out to around 15 (the better players were doing similar.. good to know I can read the lanes ok still, yay) without much hand. There was some hook past to around 10, but if you went past 10 it was a no go zone and the ball just slid into the 3-6 pins

My team mate who is a lefty was standing against the ball return, hitting 3 board and going brooky. Tommo has requested n behalf of the league "put some bloody oil on the lanes"

Stuff goes here

#38 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

So I bowled ok last week. Few silly mistakes took 190 - 200 games down to 180ish

This week was ass. There seems to be some guy from Vic in WA at the moment who (rumour has it) is the head tech for AMF. He seems to have them prep'ing the lanes for his shot and ball choice. I had one team mate using his plastic ball and still getting 10 boards of hook. I had to basically trying to get roll out from ~30ft to try and get near the pocket. With the odd hand position, I ripped a hole in my thumb... joy

One of the guys who was training was asked to stop as they're trying to same money by only oiling once and didn't want to redo it once he had finished.

Not a good thing for the centers reputation there

Mark will get this

Managed 593 on some shit lanes again. I was standing 31, hitting 20/22 out to around 15 (the better players were doing similar.. good to know I can read the lanes ok still, yay) without much hand. There was some hook past to around 10, but if you went past 10 it was a no go zone and the ball just slid into the 3-6 pins

My team mate who is a lefty was standing against the ball return, hitting 3 board and going brooky. Tommo has requested n behalf of the league "put some bloody oil on the lanes"

sounds like your lane conditions are going downhill fast! good line to be playing though, good lane reading. bit weird that you couldnt go out past 10 though? something needs to change with those lanes though if a lefty is playing that line!

about to go for a practice session myself, last sunday night was a bit of a waste, air condition in the centre wasnt working, no oil on the lanes, playing coast to coast with a mid range ball with a pretty tame drilling on it.

#39 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

I don't know what was happening out past 10. The oil was short too, so I couldn't even use it. Another team mate is old school and is a spinner, he shot a mid 700 bowling down 10 all night, I guess he could get past the problem.

The annoying thing is, if we complain they (the center) come back with "it helps everyone [they mean the old folk and people who really are not very good] get close to those who are better. Makes for more interesting matches and stops the elite from winning everything" .. well, no, it just pisses us off. Handicap is there for that reason and you get rewarded for being able to bowl over 200 (or is this an 80% league..) by handicap stopping at 200. All we want is to be able to use the training we have done, the equipment we bought and the understanding of the conditions to do our best, but when you're literately hurting your self trying to keep your average up, it sucks

I'd like to expand the equipment I have, but there is no point right now. I have no issue with different and difficult conditions, but I would like something I can actually play on. I'm taking a plastic ball and the dead stomp this week.

Stuff goes here

#40 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

yeah i have to agree, handicap is there for a reason really, and thats just it. theres no need to be ditching up conditions like that and making it impossible, all it does is make the elite bowlers want to go to a different centre.

our league runs off 100% of 220, personally not a fan of the system, and will be suggesting a change next season, ive found 80% of 200 works just as well.

i need to crack out my plastic ball again, havent used it in ages, just been using a urethane.

just had a practice session then, never gone through so many transitions in an hour ever. drove me insane nearly i think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users