58 replies to this topic

#21 WillC

WillC

Scrappy Coco the 2nd! Disc0 Disc0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:Suby, HOONda, Chasing magical unicorns, turbos. Fruit loops
    Most things with a pulse. Most things that tick and have electric.

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:35 PM

I have this too, but i find it goes patchy, losing the gloss when its sat on or touched.

Can you recommend anything that is made to be sat on ?

Cheers

Will C

Toy's Garry

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#22 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

Wouldn't most products Mark? Considering you're going to wipe off what ever you put on when you sit on it :P

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#23 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

Hi Guys,

I can see alot of products for the outside of the car... but what about the inside? Armour-All Leather Gel any good ? yes ? no ? is there anything better ?

Cheers

Will C

ArmorAll Leather Gel is surprisingly good because its very easy to apply and isn't sticky after application.

I am looking to buy a new bottle of leather cleaner though. Its worth investing given how much maintainence the cheap stuff Subaru call "leather" requires.

May be worth giving Meguires a shot. Just so long as it isn't slippery or sticky after application.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#24 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

May be worth giving Meguires a shot. Just so long as it isn't slippery or sticky after application.

I found it was only sticky for 5-10 minutes after I gave it a good dose, and i've found it not to be particularly slippery either.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#25 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

Wouldn't most products Mark? Considering you're going to wipe off what ever you put on when you sit on it :P

I find if you hit it with leather shoe polish (color applicable) first, rub that in well, then hit it with the Meguiars leather conditioner, it comes up tre magnific. :D

OEM+

#26 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:02 AM

Interesting idea Mark... Bit worried about coating my clothes in shoe polish the first time I sit down though! Is that the meguiars foam or their actual leather conditioner goo stuff?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#27 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:37 AM

Thats why i said rub it in well first. There should be no polish left to rub onto clothes. I use the foam. May try the gel......

OEM+

#28 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

Lads.

I wouldn't use anything "automotive" to clean or protect leather seats in cars.

Best to spend up a wee bit, and buy some stuff that is used by the pros in the furniture industry.

This is what I use.

Magic stuff. Simply magic!

renapur
Posted Image
THE MOTHERf**kING SHIT.

#29 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:23 AM

Where'd you find it Alex?

#30 Joe

Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:57 AM

Lads.

I wouldn't use anything "automotive" to clean or protect leather seats in cars.

Best to spend up a wee bit, and buy some stuff that is used by the pros in the furniture industry.

This is what I use.

Magic stuff. Simply magic!

renapur
Posted Image
THE MOTHERf**kING SHIT.

hey....ive got some of that at home
got it from motorshow if i remember correctly
but i use mequaires rich leather cream....black bottle....not the foam one
its a b*tch pinning the holes after you apply it though....

#31 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:43 AM

Just use a soft bristle toothbrush in the perforated sections to clean the holes after youve applied it. ;)

OEM+

#32 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:56 AM

hey....ive got some of that at home
got it from motorshow if i remember correctly
but i use mequaires rich leather cream....black bottle....not the foam one

I've got a bottle of that too. I normally use the foam though, leather comes up looking pretty much the same, but takes a lot less effort...

#33 twinturbosubaru

twinturbosubaru

Trusted Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

Please don't ruin your car with any armourall product, the dry out your interior terribly, not to mention that on a hot day the product gets sapped out of your interior and onto all the insides of your windows. Another mothers convert here, however my suby doesn't get it as the paint is not that crash hot, but my previous RS got it and won show and shines for the trouble, very good kit ! Regards Paul
GEN4 Black Liberty 3.0R Spec B Wagon
GEN1 Red Mica RS Liberty - Stock factory original

Love is a Legacy, Liberty, etc......

#34 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:54 PM

Finished the GT off today with some Meguiars scratch X and then some Tech Wax. Big fan of that stuff.

OEM+

#35 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:19 PM

Repco Vinyl protector, or something along those lines, lasts months, and keeps the dust away somehow! ill never use anything else. Its good AND! cheap!

Posted Image

#36 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

I use some German leather stuff i read about on an Audi forum... Works excellent, best to rub it in after the car has been sitting in the sun for a while.. makes the leather smooth and soft, not oily like many others and the side of my drivers seat is better than most :D For the washing well... water restrictions :mellow: so what do they use at the car wash lol Interior i give it a wipe down every week or so with some leather wipes from the Reject shop (they are cheap and work damn well!) i keep them under the seat for when people spill **** in my car or when im sitting in traffic and see the dust on the dash.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#37 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

Interior i give it a wipe down every week or so with some leather wipes from the Reject shop (they are cheap and work damn well!) i keep them under the seat for when people spill **** in my car or when im sitting in traffic and see the dust on the dash.

YOU SOUND LIKE ME!! And no thats NOT a compliment :P

Yeh I got a pack of some RejectShop car wipes in the cabin for all those most clean situations. They work a treat (for the price).

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#38 kr0nic

kr0nic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:34 AM

Bought a Meguires or however you speeel it... Clay Bar kit today, $35 ....... fark that thing picks up the crap imbedded in the paint! AMAZING stuff.... I take pretty good care of my car in general. Wash it every week, but the ammount of crud that came off with the clay bar was just amazing. The paint feels like glass now , not a single rough spot on it. Took about 45 minutes to do the whole car (gotta love getting your little brother to help you detail your car) . After just a quick wash and clay bar the car looked shiner then ever. Then with just a quick coat of wax the shine was amazing! Recommend this stuff to EVERYONE ! However half way through i realised i probally should of waited till NEXT WEEKEND to do this as im going to drive about 500k's this week........... o well haha
Silver B4 , Front Mount , 3" Full exhaust , Pod Filter , Boosted ....

#39 93tzlegacy

93tzlegacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:13 AM

im a massive fan of auto glym, their leather conditioner, paint rejouvenator (sp) super resin polish, duco shampoo etc, all products are the best for money, and fully backed by subaru (all genuine productts are just re labelled autoglym)

Benny's Custom Works supplying OEM new, aftermarket new and used parts at the best prices 

0415 522 512

wagonsyndicatesig.jpg

#40 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

I got a bottle of meguiars cloth and trim cleaner. I was really happy with how well it cleaned my door panels and dash, console etc. But for my centre console it left it a bit patchy/fadded. Maybe its cause my car is old and hasn't been looked after the best, but can anyone reccomend something for that? I don't have leather seats so mine get a good vaccum. And the cloth and trim cleaner removed a few stains :) The front end paint is still nice and new, I've been trying to keep it clean. I get a fair bit of dust on my car, so I hose it usually before I leave for work in the mornings or at night before bed. I was it once a week with some cheap polyglaze stuff. Can anyone reccomend a paint gel/polish to keep it shinny protect the paint? :)

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users