Photo

liberty b4 brant alarm. reconnected battery.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Unfortunately most people wont post the correct way of getting around the code - I personally have forgotten. It is a security feature, but works so well it stops the owner from using the car lol.

Yeah it works so well that it can be taken out in 3 min flat and forget keypad...I've got the correct way of doing it somewhere but i haven't had brant in my cars for a few years now, only the siren part i have...I'll see if i can dig it up and ill pm it to ya...
Posted Image

#22 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Ok. i got valet mode working. I think I have 7 starts left. Cheers.

#23 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

So do i just drive to a Subaru service centre and they'll help me set a new pin number?

#24 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

Hi,

While I understand some people's frustration that we don't let the disarm instructions to be posted - I think we can all agree that there is a strong reason behind it.

I hope you get it sorted ASAP mate.

When you bought the car, did you alert Subaru Of Australia that you are the new owner? When my B4 ran out of battery at a local mechanic (they left the door ajar and the window down....) - I told the mech. to call SoA to get a code for it as my user code no longer worked. SoA alerted the police that the car was stolen as I hadn't informed them of my purchase. This is going back a few years, but my lord, it was the mother of all annoyances!

To this day it still shows up on my record that I was investigated over vehicle theft.

Cheers,
Nik

#25 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

Haha what a joke. I have had my keypad disconnected. I still have an alarm which is reassuring, and keeps the insurance happy, but without any of this Posted Image'ing around with pin codes! I recommend everybody with a brandt do this!

#26 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

I have done a fair few mods to my B4, including a new engine package to single turbo. To this day, the single best mod I have done is have that stupid damn alarm removed and replaced with something else.

They are the spawn of the devil. Great alarm, but a little too good at keeping people (namely the owner) out.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#27 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

So taking out the battery locks the alarm system?

So what if my battery dies later on? Gotta contact subaru again for a reset? Lol

As far as I know, the battery is 2 years old. I usually change every 3 years or so.

Im going to call Subaru Australia and transfer the ownership to my name.

#28 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

You got it. Alarm modules loose power = loss of memory = need master code.
Try living 600km from the closest dealership. I had 4 hours of phone calls that started to get abusive before they finally caved and gave it to me.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#29 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hi,

Try living 600km from the closest dealership. I had 4 hours of phone calls that started to get abusive before they finally caved and gave it to me.

Haha! Bingo! Though mine went for a week or so. Mechanic was pissed too as it was in the middle of the workshop!

Cheers,
Nik

#30 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Called Suburu Australia. A lady gave me a series of numbers to fix the problem.
:D

#31 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Called Suburu Australia. A lady gave me a series to numbers to fix the problem.
:D

Good stuff man, glad you got it sorted

2002 B4 Rev E

2004 Outback Premium 3.0R

#32 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hi,

Good stuff mate, glad it's all sorted.

I'd still advise you rip it out... because it's not really a matter of IF it plays up again.... just WHEN!

Cheers,
Nik

#33 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Get a autowatch alarm. Perfect replacement for the devil system.

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#34 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

Take note of the one that fixes it. Dont write it down. And book it in to have a new system fitted. I also recommend autowatch. And yes, it will happen again, so get it sorted quick smart.

Yep, I threatened to put the towing bill onto them if they didnt give me the code. Which from my place would have been a nice bill. Thats what made them cave in the end. I did have to sign into a years worth of the RAA equivelant with subaru before they would help though.

I'll bet he was spewing at them!

#35 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

I called some dealers. They all wanted 70 to $200+

Ummm..

#36 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

ring sydney (subaru Aust head office) and get the subaru assured roadside assist thing, then once you have paid the 70 bucks or so, get them to help. That way it costs you 70 or 80 bucks now, but if it happens in the next twelve months, its free. That gives you enough time to get the alarm changed.

If you sign into that, and they still wont help, tell them you want your money back.

#37 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

All sorted out yesterday. I called dealers and was surprised about the prices. called Subaru Australia and the lady was happy to help for free. lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users