#21 4rstr

4rstr

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:cars, bmx, sports in general

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

the headlight levelling sensors are on the rear control/lateral/something arm on the SG (06-08, as 04-05 dont have HID) Forester, not to be confused with the rear self leveling struts. When i turn my headlights on, they always move upwards, so not sure how it works though. maybe they go back down when you turn the car off?

#22 nielonsx

nielonsx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Improving Subaru Fuel Economy

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Ebay has some metal base H7R (for Reflector) hid bulbs which have a ceramic paint shield applied to the glass bulb. Best in 4300K (most light output) and reviews indicate that there is a more defined cutoff and less glare when viewed from the front

OR drop in the Osram Rally Hyper 65W offroad bulb which uses the H9 envelope and is rated at 2200 lumens (standard H7 is 1500) and just hooks up to the standard wiring no problems. The other thing is that it is rated at normal life. not short like the +...% bulbs. Used for 3 years in Gen3 no burnout. Same cutoff just brighter light. Part no is Osram 64217

#23 bigboyscottyb

bigboyscottyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Honestly I have had aftermarket HID's and now have factory legacy HID headlights, got them for a steal, they are a piece of piss to wire in, and the factory legacy ones are so much better.

Unless you get a set of 55w bulbs you are wasting your money on aftermarket ones but what you spend on a decent set of aftermarket headlights you could get a set of import ones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users