#1 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hey all, does anyone know what the error codes on the head unit are? I have a fairly consistant ERR 3 and ERR 6 coming up, I know one has something to do with the disc, but cant remember exactly what it is. I suspect I'll need a replacement soon, cos its driving me nuts when I cant listen to tunes.

Another issue, what can be done about discs not being ejected properly? Are there replacement rubber grips inside the eject mechanism or is it replacement time?

I have no gripes with the sound quality of the unit, so I would rather replace like with like if its not cost prohibitive.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#2 Murf B4

Murf B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

i have a mac head unit spare

MY02 LIBERTY B4 - LAST DYNO'D @ 375.4KW-ATW    403.5KW-ATW

Next Dyno will be 400+ :)

#3 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Mines the same. It can be sweet for about a month then it's like it has its period and doesn't want anything put in it.

#4 Dimeb4g

Dimeb4g

Formerly EOS Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Photography, My Subaru, My Girl and sport!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

Mines the same. It can be sweet for about a month then it's like it has its period and doesn't want anything put in it.

Sounds exactly like my mrs!!

1st 1990 Nissan Pulsar Q. What a rocket!
2nd: Gen 2 RX... Loved and lost...
3rd: 1995 Toyota Corolla which drove from Cairns to Bunbury in 5 Days! 6610km!!! didnt miss a beat.
4th: Gen1 GX bought for $500 went like stink... looked like what caused the stink
5th: More civilized now... with a Heritage Wagon... now gone...
6th Mitsubishi KJ Verada..."its nothing like a suby" now gone...
7th: 2002 B4 Liberty TT....

8th: MY04 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Pack Wagon

JLG Photographics Swimwear, Portrait, Commercial and Automotive Photography.www.jlgphotographics.com
582620_371706622901614_542168895_n.jpg

#5 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

^^^^hahaha

My old car with the mac unit had the same problems. But i found it was copied cd's. Always worked fine with original discs.

SOLD Legacy GTB 

SOLD Gen 1 RS turbo wagon

SOLD Gen2 Outback limited

Car less atm.......Whats next??

#6 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Sounds like its time to upgrade to a new unit then. I use my own mixes and things all the time, dont own many originals, but my unit is just as tempermental with those as it is with copied ones. Any ideas on what needs to be done to hook the existing amp to an aftermarket unit? I could run new wiring to the speakers etc but its a bucket load of work...

How much would you be wanting for the spare Murf?

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#7 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Sounds like its time to upgrade to a new unit then. I use my own mixes and things all the time, dont own many originals, but my unit is just as tempermental with those as it is with copied ones. Any ideas on what needs to be done to hook the existing amp to an aftermarket unit? I could run new wiring to the speakers etc but its a bucket load of work...

How much would you be wanting for the spare Murf?

I've got a spare one in Adelaide for free if you wanna drive down from Roxby to get it! Haha (but I think it had some error codes sometimes too)

With my old B4, I just removed the old Mcintosh headunit and amp. Then connected the speaker outputs from the new headunit to the old speaker wires under the drivers seat where the amp was.

It was a lot easier than running new cables to the speakers in the doors.

#8 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I've had enough of this piece of crap. All good Walts, will just replace with aftermarket. Probably get a small 5 channel amp while I'm at it, to retain the small sub. My unit so far has played the brand new original CD in it about 5 times in about 50 starts the past 2 weeks. Its time for a new one that doesnt error code, as it is seriously pissing the mrs off (and thats not a good thing considering she already wants to sell it on me!)

#9 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:50 AM

For those of you who are getting sick of the B4 Mac headunit, like myself, but dont want to screw around finding a 5 channel amp that will fit in the same position, I give you the following link.

http://nzlamb.wordpr...0i-information/

Gives input and output pin outs and wiring diagrams that aren't in the factory workshop manual.

Useful if you want to make a patch cable from the RCA preouts on your aftermarket head unit to the factory DIN cable to the Mac amp.

I think I shall be spending a day on this once I get my new head unit. From what I can gather, the only trap for young players is not to use the speaker outputs on the head unit, but the pre-outs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users