#1 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

Hi,

If anyone has any questions, statements or comments they'd like to put forward on any policy matter for this upcoming election, do so here.

I'm doing this out the hope that maybe we can give a bit of respect/faith back into the people who make the decisions about how our lives look, and will look in the future.

Neutral, unbias information is so hard to find on the net.

Cheers,

Nik

#2 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

Busy thread! How will I keep up with all of this today?

#3 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

What are these immigration views you were speaking of Sack?

#4 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Haha... well I'll post in here to I look smart

So... Krudd is in and Red head is out..

What does that mean for us... the common working man?

Will Ginger really be kicked out of parliament forever?

2002 B4 Rev E

2004 Outback Premium 3.0R

#5 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hi,

This is fairly interesting to those that believe Tony hates women;

http://www.womensage...re/201301211486

Cheers,

Nik

#6 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

What are these immigration views you were speaking of Sack?

Well both of us have a problem with Australia being too relaxed with letting migrants come in, getting all the benefits without working for anything. They have tonnes of kids, get so much money from Centerlink and go spend it, not ever having to work.

It is because they are so relaxed and let so many other nationalities in, now we look at Sydney and struggle to find an actual Aussie in most places...

2002 B4 Rev E

#7 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

nik/josh

whats your opinion of the change in labor leadership? do you think the change is enough to save labor at the election?

#8 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Hi,

Will Ginger really be kicked out of parliament forever?

She promised to resign, so she sort of brought it on herself. But you won't see her in politics again.

What does this mean? Not a huge amount in way of change of policy before the election, as this is the very last sitting day of parliament before we all vote. Apart from the date of the election, it will be business as usual - the change is that now your choice is between a Rudd run Labor, and an Abbott lead Liberal.

Also, the 'common working man' will now have to listen to dribbled out criticism from both sides for the whole campaign. If Kruddy simply shuts up about Tony, he'll probably do well.

One thing to note, is that this change was again strongarmed by union politics. Labor will never learn. 

Cheers,

Nik

#9 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hi,

nik/josh

whats your opinion of the change in labor leadership? do you think the change is enough to save labor at the election?

It'll be a Liberal government after August in my opinion. Unless Tony just goes stupid with kicking a man while he's down and turns even more people off...

I guess this time around, people don't really want either of them, which could be a good thing, because for once people might look into policies instead of just going for whoever has the hottest daughter.

If Labor is still going to be subject to danger on ten point swings in strong electorates, there is still the very strong chance that the Labor party will be a minority party - which is scary to think how much power that gives anyone, Abbott in this scenario would be the closest thing to a dictator we've seen in I don't know how long!

Cheers,

Nik

#10 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hi,

It'll be a Liberal government after August in my opinion. Unless Tony just goes stupid with kicking a man while he's down and turns even more people off...

I guess this time around, people don't really want either of them, which could be a good thing, because for once people might look into policies instead of just going for whoever has the hottest daughter.

If Labor is still going to be subject to danger on ten point swings in strong electorates, there is still the very strong chance that the Labor party will be a minority party - which is scary to think how much power that gives anyone, Abbott in this scenario would be the closest thing to a dictator we've seen in I don't know how long!

Cheers,

Nik

Nik,

i agree, to me abott doesnt seem to have any real policies, and instead just goes on the attack against anything Labor says, says its wrong, and thats his policy. i dont think ive heard yet a solid liberal policy from him, more just labor bashing constantly.

i think the opinion polls are more in Rudds favour on the preferred leader stance, but we will see i suppose now that he is actually leader. However as someone pointed out last night on one of the news networks (i cant remember who or which one) we will all be happy that we are rid of gillard and that Rudd is back for about 3 weeks, and then we will remember why he was gone in the first place all those years ago. or maybe he has changed, we will see.

perhaps if Rudd can put forward some decent, sensible policies and reforms for if he were to remain leader post election, he may have a chance i think of forming government and saving a massacre, especially if Abott continues being silly.

just my opinoin

#11 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

I really liked Julia Gillard. She was a true statesman.

KRudd can't talk publicly for shit and is an embarrassment everytime he talks.

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#12 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Gillard?

800px-Red_Holden_Statesman.jpg

But anyway, Krudd is kind of bad.. but not as bad as Howard...

2002 B4 Rev E

#13 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

personally i never liked listening to Julia Gillard, i felt her speeches were too scripted, and i never liked the sound of her voice.

#14 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

Gillard?

800px-Red_Holden_Statesman.jpg

But anyway, Krudd is kind of bad.. but not as bad as Howard...

Not sure if trolling or genuinely stupid statement.

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#15 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Not sure if trolling or genuinely stupid statement.

Most of the time genuinely stupid, but this time, trolling

2002 B4 Rev E

#16 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

I will take Howard over anything we have had since him :D Including Abbot.

#17 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

personally i never liked listening to Julia Gillard, i felt her speeches were too scripted, and i never liked the sound of her voice.

This. Cant stand her voice. She gets points from me for being the 1st female PM. But that's it.

I will take Howard over anything we have had since him :D Including Abbot.

This.

SOLD Legacy GTB 

SOLD Gen 1 RS turbo wagon

SOLD Gen2 Outback limited

Car less atm.......Whats next??

#18 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

Bring back Hawke.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#19 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

Nik,

i agree, to me abott doesnt seem to have any real policies, and instead just goes on the attack against anything Labor says, says its wrong, and thats his policy. i dont think ive heard yet a solid liberal policy from him, more just labor bashing constantly.

i think the opinion polls are more in Rudds favour on the preferred leader stance, but we will see i suppose now that he is actually leader. However as someone pointed out last night on one of the news networks (i cant remember who or which one) we will all be happy that we are rid of gillard and that Rudd is back for about 3 weeks, and then we will remember why he was gone in the first place all those years ago. or maybe he has changed, we will see.

perhaps if Rudd can put forward some decent, sensible policies and reforms for if he were to remain leader post election, he may have a chance i think of forming government and saving a massacre, especially if Abott continues being silly.

Exactly. When they said Abbott is a misogynist, instead of showing that his policies are actually better for working women, especially for parental leave and then another female centric idea of better child care which would support working mothers, he decided to go on the attack mode and talk about boats.

NDIS and GONSKI are probably two of the biggest most complicated pieces of legislation we've had since the GST. And I agree with most of each of those. One thing to remember, is the fact that both of those past through senate means that the Liberals also agree to a fair extent with the validity of both of those programs. My personal (WA) problem with GONSKI isn't really hard to figure out, they've said out schools are already at the level they are trying to achieve over east, so we get nothing out of it for signing up.

Cheers,

Nik

#20 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Bring back Hawke.

this.

second choice howard

personally i believe the fact that people were throwing sandwiches at Gillard was a sign of how much the general population disliked and disrespected her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users