←  Anything Goes

Suby Club

»

Understanding Party Policies - 2013 Electi...

B4TT's Photo B4TT 09 Sep 2013

Good true words Mark! I agree entirely.

Most of the people on my FB page who have ranted (it is only like 3 people thankfully) lack the intelligence required to drool let alone decide a political leader for this country. Fair enough if a few months down the track he has done something that annoys people, but as you pointed out, NOTHING has been done yet.
People just need to chill the fork out and give him a chance to actually do something... then they can hate on him for a proper reason haha.

mark300's Photo mark300 09 Sep 2013

Hi,

The level of respect towards our political leaders is terrible in Australia. Probably the worst in the world.

Cheers,

Nik

nik - i agree with you. i may hate politics at times, and i may dislike our leaders, but i would never go so far as to throwing a sandwich at our PM or putting their face on a photo of hitler.

will abott do a good job? we dont know yet. give the bloke a chance to actually do something as Prime Minister and we will see, but theres no need to jump the gun and go straight to saying his going to drive our country into the ground before his even been declared PM

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 09 Sep 2013

Hi,

Exactly, give the bloke a chance. Julia didn't get one.

Cheers,

Nik

Brett's Photo Brett 09 Sep 2013

Hahahaha so funny.

Hiw much of a chance did you blokes give Gillard? You were at her from the start.

You all know i dont give two shits either way, but you might want to consider hipocracy when you have a dig at others for lashing out at a the newly elected leader.
Thats just how i see it.

Hi,

My main gripe with Julia was the fair work scheme she wrote.

So it was a proven truth. Abbott hasn't done anything wrong YET.

Cheers,

Nik

Beejay667's Photo Beejay667 09 Sep 2013

Everything is wrong in someone's opinion.

Hiw much of a chance did you blokes give Gillard? You were at her from the start.

You all know i dont give two shits either way, but you might want to consider hipocracy when you have a dig at others for lashing out at a the newly elected leader.
Thats just how i see it.

Not at all, As Nik said, she come in with a proven track record of being shit - then just continued on with it.

She more so forced her way in.
Into the leadership roll that is.

Are the Libs going to reverse the policy to stop leadership spills? Because I'm all for Hockey driving one into Abbott's back :P (Calm down, I did vote for them). However he probably has the decency to be happy in his roll.

Oops double post, thought I hit edit.

by the time gillard came in, alot of people were fed up with labor in general in my opinion, i think generally the hatred was more towards the party itself, which just continued with the constant bickering over leadership. she did nothing really to help the situation i feel.

the policy to stop leadership spills is a labor party only policy, not a part of the constitution, so by all means if the libs want to they can pull a labor and stab Abbott in the back if they want to

SHE most certainly didnt force her way in. There were screws being turned behind the scenes. The same screws that got turned once again when Rudd took back leadership. Yes Labor forked up royally and many of their voters (including me) lost faith in their ability to get shit done, when they cant even pack their toys away in their own playroom.

My gripe with Abbott is simply this. He comes across as a forking moron. Every time he opens his mouth, i feel that little bit dumber. He makes the same fork ups when he speaks consistantly. Eg referring to one of his own members as having sex appeal, as a reason why people support her. When youve been accused of being a mesoginist(sp?) saying shit like this doesnt help your cause.

This is the guy that is going to rep Australia on the world stage.

Everything is wrong in someone's opinion.

Never a truer word said, especially when it comes to politics.

by the time gillard came in, alot of people were fed up with labor in general in my opinion, i think generally the hatred was more towards the party itself, which just continued with the constant bickering over leadership. she did nothing really to help the situation i feel.
the policy to stop leadership spills is a labor party only policy, not a part of the constitution, so by all means if the libs want to they can pull a labor and stab Abbott in the back if they want to

Yeah i agree here too Mark.

Just for interest sake, got to the July GT and type Gillard into the search this thread box. Then have a read of just the first 5 results. It might give you an idea of where im coming from.

He caused a stir by insisting the BB contestants 'vote for the guy with the hot daughters'.

My gripe with Abbott is simply this. He comes across as a forking moron. Every time he opens his mouth, i feel that little bit dumber. He makes the same :fork: ups when he speaks consistantly. Eg referring to one of his own members as having sex appeal, as a reason why people support her. When youve been accused of being a mesoginist(sp?) saying shit like this doesnt help your cause.

This is the guy that is going to rep Australia on the world stage.

i agree. i dont mind abbott, but he does come accross as a moron alot of the time, but we dont vote for the leader we vote for the party, and unfortunately thats who we got.

as much of an idiot as he is, he really didnt have to do anything the whole campaign. the fact that everyone was fed up enough with Labors internal bickering and fighting over leadership and spills and what have you was enough of a swing against them to put liberal in. Abbott would have really had to have said some dumb things.

IMO this election really wasnt about who was the best candidate for the job, more the "least worst"

Hahah did he?

Im annoyed at myself for engaging in this thread. I think i might just block it. Discussing politics, like religion, gets way too passionate ( putting it nicely).

I think ill block it.

Just for interest sake, got to the July GT and type Gillard into the search this thread box. Then have a read of just the first 5 results. It might give you an idea of where im coming from.

Sorry Bretty but I don't really see how that is relevant to giving someone a chance - this was after she had already forked things over royally and people where pissed off - not the same as not giving Abbott a chance, even if it is to make his own fork ups, and I am sure there will be some! Then we can hate on him too.

I don't get people's delicate nature in regards to politics, it's the same as any other topic to discuss. My favourite colour is Red anyone want to stab me for liking the wrong colour. People talk about every which way they have fcuked their wife/partner/hookers/boyfriend so openly but whoa don't talk about politics or that religion is a poison.

Is it an insecurity that makes people defensive?

Are we not all adults?

Im annoyed at myself for engaging in this thread

Not alone on that one, mate.

I don't get people delicate nature in regards to politics, it's the same as any other topic to discuss. My favourite colour is Red anyone want to stab me for liking the wrong colour. People talk about every which way they have fcuked their wife/partner/hookers/boyfriend so openly but whoa don't talk about politics or that religion is a poison.

Are we not all adults?

This is a thread about politics? Not sure what your gripe is here?

Is that not related to the discussion on politics? A new rant thread would be deleted and it's too 'serious' for GT...third alternative?

I don't get people's delicate nature in regards to politics, it's the same as any other topic to discuss. My favourite colour is Red anyone want to stab me for liking the wrong colour. People talk about every which way they have fcuked their wife/partner/hookers/boyfriend so openly but whoa don't talk about politics or that religion is a poison.

Is it an insecurity that makes people defensive?

Are we not all adults?

i dont think that at all. ive had several rather spirited discussions with people over the last week about politics and the election, personally i think its something people in australia arent afraid to discuss. some people dont like it and prefer not to discuss it primarily because it just doesnt interest them, but theres alot who are quite passionate about it and arent afraid to give their opinion i feel