• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#381 Beejay667

Beejay667

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

I wasn't trying to be an ass about it, I was honestly asking for people's reasoning for the way they react to politics (and religion) because of the whole 'you can talk to me about anything but politics and religion' statement people always make.

Anyway.... What is left of the Foreign Aid allowance once Abbott wipes 5.4 billion from it? I heard figures of it being a 70-80% reduction? It has caused a stir but I saw that as a plus for the Liberals in my opinion, we don't need to shut out foreign aid but we have alot of poverty here at home, and I don't mean dole bludgers and serial Centrelink dependants (the ones without a real reason).

#382 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

I agree, it does come up at times mate - some people just prefer not to have the confrontation when their views differ to those of someone else, especially if their ideas are radically different and they are both passionate about said ideas..... they think we if I get into this with them it is only going to escalate into an argument, which it doesn't need to really! Everyone is entitled to their opinion :D.

#383 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

My biggest gripe at the moment is all the people on Facebook and in the media whinging about how the liberals won't legalise gay marriage. I don't care wether its allowed or not as it doesn't affect me personally but to have such a large group of people acting as if it is the biggest problem our country has at the moment is just ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

#384 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

^^ This also, I can understand it is something some people feel passionate about, but you are entirely right.. there are FAR more important issues to address right now.

Boats and Gay marriage got WAY too much headline time this election.

#385 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

My biggest gripe at the moment is all the people on Facebook and in the media whinging about how the liberals won't legalise gay marriage. I don't care wether its allowed or not as it doesn't affect me personally but to have such a large group of people acting as if it is the biggest problem our country has at the moment is just ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ive noticed this as well. i had my facebook newsfeed inundated with people telling me i should vote labor because they are going to legalise gay marriage, as if this was the only thing we were voting on.

i think people failed to understand that Rudd was simply going to allow a vote on it, never meant it was going to actually pass! people seemed to have forgotten the more pressing issues in this election such as the various taxes, budget and economy.

even the NBN got too much attention i feel!

#386 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

just an observation, but ever since saturday night my facbeook news feed has been flooded with nothing but hate for tony abott, saying our country is now forked, and that this is the worst thing to happen to Australian politics (for various reasons). this is also the same people who have been carrying on for the last 2 weeks about making sure we all exercise our democratic right to vote and not to donkey vote.

to me this is pretty disrespectful to the political system. the same people have said exercise your right to vote, yet when democracy works and chooses the leader, they cry foul saying its a horrible choice and that we are all doomed. the man hasnt even been sworn in to power yet as prime minister yet alone do anything. and creating effigies of Mr Abott as Hitler is not respectful either to our democratic system.

sure you may not like who is now the leader, but we live in a democracy, and democracy has decided.

/rant

This, Well said my man. Exactly how I feel.

SOLD Legacy GTB 

SOLD Gen 1 RS turbo wagon

SOLD Gen2 Outback limited

Car less atm.......Whats next??

#387 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Looks like Clive Palmer got his seat in Fairfax (the electorate), be interested to see how many senate spots his party gets - apparently two are looking likely.

#388 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Glad all the election BS is over and done with. Now just waiting for the footy BS to be done........

OEM+

#389 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Love him or hate him, you can't say that he doesn't have a go.

Media release Palmer United Party to Contest South Australian State Election The Palmer United Party today announced it will be contesting next year’s South Australian election, scheduled to be held on March 15, 2014

#390 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

MARCH ON

#391 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

http://scheissenbeda...hole-crybabies/

SOLD Legacy GTB 

#392 peteRS

peteRS

Needs more cylinders...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Albo for Labor Leader :) 

Shorten can EAD.

#393 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

Albo for Labor Leader :) 

Shorten can EAD.

Quote for truths! I would much rather see Anthony as the leader and maybe help turn the party into an effective opposition. I think a good balance in parliament is very important...

Shorten can fork off back to his unions IMO.

#394 peteRS

peteRS

Needs more cylinders...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Is this true???

I have no idea...

555834_720031018022936_1636545240_n.jpg

#395 cameron

cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

just got back into the country since the election. has tony forked us over yet?

Have you put any more thought into squeezing some more power out of the engine. Like strapping on one of those intake fans

#396 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

Pete, that pic was typical spin bullshit... titles have changed but there are still ministers responsible for those things - they just abbreviate the tittles of the ministers as it was getting out of hand, a few things have been consolidated into other portfolios as well.

#397 peteRS

peteRS

Needs more cylinders...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

Pete, that pic was typical spin bullshit... titles have changed but there are still ministers responsible for those things - they just abbreviate the tittles of the ministers as it was getting out of hand, a few things have been consolidated into other portfolios as well.

I knew it. forking extreme Lefty that posted the link. As if all those responsibilities are just axed, which is how they wan't people to read these...

CUBTS.

#398 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Politics man, never let the truth get in the way of a good sledging :P This applies to all sides... they all do it.

#399 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

CUBTS.

This.

SOLD Legacy GTB 

#400 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

Hi,

Nearly every single thing that they are claiming has been 'axed' in that image is incorrect.

Except for Climate Change, and Workplace Relations - which will be reformed to try and fix the damage that Fair Work has done.

I have nothing against having a Sports Ministry. Fat kids everywhere.

Cheers,

Nik

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users