9266644911_fe51572b5a.jpg

#22 dja

dja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:Tits

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

18x7.5 with 40 series is absolute win on gen3.

ku31's are bar none the best bang for buck tyre i have ever used, excelent wet weather grip.

#23 RK2770

RK2770

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Now if I go with 18x7.5 with 225/40's what range offset can I get the rims without any problems?

#24 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

There are heaps of threads explaining this. Factory is +55. Keep within 10 of this and you should be fine with standard suspension. If you are running coilovers, you could extend that, but its better to keep things close to factory.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#25 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Wouldn't go lower than 45.

#26 Josh.

Josh.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

18 x 7.5 +42 fit fine with a guard roll.

#27 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

A note that most people ignore, but is good for the info - the relevant state RTA guidelines and modication laws do specify the amount of change permitted, but I cant be arsed finding it now. Changing the offset affects a hell of a lot of things mechanically, including pre-loads and stresses on bearings, hubs and wheel studs, and for this reason the RTA don't like excessively modified specs from stock.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#28 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

A note that most people ignore, but is good for the info - the relevant state RTA guidelines and modication laws do specify the amount of change permitted, but I cant be arsed finding it now. Changing the offset affects a hell of a lot of things mechanically, including pre-loads and stresses on bearings, hubs and wheel studs, and for this reason the RTA don't like excessively modified specs from stock.

No need to find it... I already gave him all that info

Ask for feedback then dont listen to ppl that know from personal experience... :sarcastic:

From memory I thought the stock size was 205/55 16?

legally in NSW the outer circumference (wheel & tyre combined) your allowed to go 15mm +/-

Rim width makes hardly any difference to overall diameter to the tyre...

Have never heard a cop pull anyone over for tyres unless they are crazy stretched on fat rims!

RTA: Wheels & Tyres

1. wheel track must not be increased by more than 25mm beyond the maximum specified by the vehicle manufacturer for that vehicle.

2. Where non original axle or suspension components are fitted, the offset of the wheel in relation to the axle or stub axle assembly used shall not be increased by more than 12.5mm each side of the vehicle based on the specifications of the axle components used.

Minor Wheel Changes:

3. Wheels up to 26mm wider than the largest optional wheel recommended by the vehicle manufacturer for the vehicle can be fitted without the need to notify the RTA.

4. The outside diameter of the wheel and tyre combination must be no more than 15mm over the largest diameter wheel and tyre combination specified for the vehicle.

http://www.rta.nsw.g.../vsi09_rev4.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users