#21 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

Sounds good Mitch. Best of luck.

If you're not competing in sound contests and what not at AutoSalon for example, there is no real reason to spend so much money on an audio system. I went through the usual 'sub, amp, 6x9's, etc' phase. When I look back on it, I prefer getting nice and clear sound over being fully hectic bro. I guess everyone has to go through it at one stage. :P

If what you've got can support it, then that's really all you'll need. And for small gains as psynthetic has mentioned, I don't think it'd be worth it. Besides, do you have any mates that are sound/audio engineers/technicians? No one will notice the difference between a $500 system and a $5,000 one. You'll be perfectly fine man.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#22 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

No one will notice the difference between a $500 system and a $5,000 one. You'll be perfectly fine man.

You must be joking

#23 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

You must be joking

+1000

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#24 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

What I was getting at is if you're not going to be participating in competitions and what not, what's the point in spending so much money on a system? Seriously. I had the 15" MTX sub, Axis Audio amp and two Soundstream Tarantula 6x9's. My system sounded better in my VL than some other blokes thousand dollar system in his BMW.

Yes it could've possibly been set up wrong, but I'm no genius either. If you're not cranking the shit out of it driving through George Street on a Saturday night, can you seriously tell the difference?

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#25 mitch233

mitch233

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Photography
    Driving
    Gym
    Music

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

I'm sure it'll be a great improvement on my US audio tube sub and amp and sony system i had in my astra before this car haha.

#26 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Definitely man. You'll be impressed with the MTX sub. ;)

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users