• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

Sounds like somebody has watched that Top Gear challenge too many times...

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#22 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

OMG. I've got it. Get the Gen1, fit the 09 RS kit to it, put the Gen2 interior in it AND do the diesel conversion to run hektic lap times...
TSM

#23 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:42 PM

Well don't know about track, but install a diesel boxer in once it comes into production, which is a few years away. The GEN I seems like the most likely vessel, if it all works out and puts down some power then track may be on the agenda. But there's also the H^ concept, whichever works out easier really, it's a long term project so we'll see what happens. And yeah, I think the new STi sounds like an ace idea, start saving now me thinks, and I'll have the $$$ in 18months. They're beautiful little cars, better than the MY04 STi, which is still unsold :( . Nick

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#24 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:45 PM

Few years away? The diesel is in production now. Its just not being sold in Aus yet.
http://www.subaru.co...d?menuid=M0M5M1

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#25 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

H6 wont fit into a gen1 AFAIK. If it does its worth 3times what the car is, and will still only manage 200hp... This thread could be epic. Keep it coming Nik...
TSM

#26 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

I've already spotted an Outback Diesel.

They're in testing AFAIK, and will be released very soon...

Diesel track subaru?

Posted Image

#27 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

Nah, H6 wouldn't be going in a GEN I, probably work one in GEN II or III. I still want to see a supercharger on a H6. And diesel track car could be interesting, only thing against it is the lack of bolt ons. Diesel boxer is apparently vastly different to a regular diesel, and it's turbo as standard, and also has worked out the power supply issues to keep it constant. Go ahead Paul, flame my latest contribution. Nick

#28 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:22 AM

Nah, H6 wouldn't be going in a GEN I, probably work one in GEN II or III.

If you were thinking of putting a H6 in a Gen3, buy an Outback Limited and all the hard works already been done for you. :lol:

OEM+

#29 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:25 AM

Paul why wouldn't a H6 fit in the Gen1? The engine bay is of similar dimensions to gen2 afaik?

#30 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:53 PM

H6 isn't much longer than an EJ25. I was of the impression that it was an easy install for a GEN I. And yeah Outback Limited would be an easy fix definitely, lower it a bit and you've got a Liberty. But what are people's thoughts on a supercharged version? Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users