#42 DRIVER

DRIVER

Trusted Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:36 AM

Kurt is sick, he speaks in 3rd person.

Alex says plan for the future, don't over-complicate things and don't over-moderate things - makes for happy fun times with lots of info and a relatively un-moderated (within reason) off-topic area.

Ban should only be for douchebag's with 3 warnings. I think moderators have enough sense to realize a bad post, they don't need 149 'bad post reported' messages from offended button mashers.

All feel free to thank me.

well said.

as far as i remember when we were talking about creating this site, it was going to be fun place where we can pretty do much what ever we wanted without feeling that when we say something that that thing is going to offend some tool who has no brain to think why it was said the way it was. But somewhere along the lines this site has turned into ozliberty in such a way when u do say something u get told ur flaming u are wrong etc etc, might be just me but this isnt what was discusses those times @ hooters monthly meets.

and even to have a report post button, i dont think there are enough people on here, to get thru the moderators..
i do have a question who moderates the moderators, and if they a wrong who sets them stright?
Posted Image
I dont give a f*ck how fast it is....there's no joy in threatening people.

#43 L1BER8ED

L1BER8ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

as far as i remember when we were talking about creating this site, it was going to be fun place where we can pretty do much what ever we wanted without feeling that when we say something that that thing is going to offend some tool who has no brain to think why it was said the way it was.

even to have the open freedom to have free speech, i think there still needs to be consideration/respect for people.

in saying that, DO say what you want, however be prepared that if someone does take offence to a post for whatever reason, be man/woman enough to reword your post, change it or accept that it has offended someone.

same as if someone says something you dont like, dont make a public scene of it, PM's are there for a reason, and if you dont like something someone has said. POLITELY highlight it him/her in a PM and ask them to change it.

At the end of the day, its a public car forum you have to be prepared to get positive and negative feedback, if you ask a question to you which may seem hard, you dont expect someone who knows cars back to front to nail you with asking a "noob" question.

Like i posted here a while ago. where is the love ha ha
he who laughs last .. thinks slowest....

TEAM BLUE OVAL

Posted Image[Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#44 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:53 AM

Well f**k me sideways. It looks to me like you're all arguing about the same shit you were arguing about on OzLiberty. Dylan's just trying to provide you all with an easy to use forum with some nice perks and additions and all of a sudden you all fire up and start bitching about it? Here's a concept - why not actually be thankful for the time and effort Dylan and Alex and the other mods are putting in instead of being negative and complaining about how nobody has free speech?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#45 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

Spot on Luke. Why is a little button such an issue? Don't like it, don't use it. Simple. As the Forum gets bigger these new additions may prove usefull. Its better to have the meassures in place now, rather than play catch up later. Wanna argue about it, the black forum is -----> that way. P.S, I like the new profile page. Much easier to read and quicker to load. Good sh!t.
TSM

#46 L1BER8ED

L1BER8ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

im very thankful for the effort the boys are putting in, i also remember commenting here a while ago thanking the dylan and alex for actually being moderators that DO maintain and look after the site, and try and make it easier for people not just sit there, edit and ban. im just over there being as many arguments in here as there are usefull posts.
he who laughs last .. thinks slowest....

TEAM BLUE OVAL

Posted Image[Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#47 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:28 AM

Its simple, really.

Its not the site that creates arguments. Its the people.

People bring over their complaints. People bring their attitudes. It doesn't just suddenly appear.

As for creating a fun place where we can pretty do much what ever we wanted without feeling that when we say something that that thing is going to offend some tool who has no brain to think why it was said the way it was..... There's only so far you can go with this. I mean, threatening to bash people.....threatening to smash people's cars with baseball bats.... Telling others not to mow grass.... That's just conversations in real life. We'll spare the online spats for now....Seriously.. Where do we draw the line here?

As for who moderates the moderators? Jovan, I'm so pleased you now have all of a sudden taken an interest in the runnings of the forums!

#48 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

There is no Moderators? The Admin (the people who have put in the time and effort to provide everyone with this forum.) say what goes and when. Their say is Final as far as I'm concerned. No one else has the right to question them. I think that everyone here needs to take a good look at the attitude they bring to the community before commenting on another.
TSM

#49 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

Too much thinking going on in this thread!

Its nice to see that people really do care about this club:) I mean look at how passionate you all are about what you believe is best for us all. Shame we can't all agree though :( Anyway, heres what I think is best for this forum :P

Report button is fine. If your worried about it being used AGAINST you - perhaps you need to reconsider what your posting in the first place. Its a useful tool for alerting admin of things like spam and trolls. Those aren't issues yet, but as was pointed out earlier - we need to prepare for when teh n00bs invade.

A reputation system would be desirable in the longer term. I really don't think we need it yet though....maybe we should wait until we have a certain amount of members before having it.

TO ADMIN: Just call the shots. We trust ya ;)

~ shiv

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#50 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

Whoa, it stinks like sex in here.

Last time I saw this much tension between men(/boys) was the last subyclub meet photo's!

Posted Image

We are all arguing the same points here.

Moral of the story: Love your co-forum friends, and don't be a douche. Simple.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#51 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

I love my Admin/Moderator overlords

Now, can we please continue to talk about cars, boobs and funny shit

Stuff goes here

#52 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

I love my Admin/Moderator overlords

Now, can we please continue to talk about cars, boobs and funny shit

Many thanks Richo.
Best thing said yet. :drinks:
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#53 DRIVER

DRIVER

Trusted Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

As for who moderates the moderators? Jovan, I'm so pleased you now have all of a sudden taken an interest in the runnings of the forums!

i dont know where you been mate , but ive always had an intrest in running things and throwing ideas into making the site better, but seems to me like u were in your own little world and missed most off that. ah well back to reading threads about car i guess.
Posted Image
I dont give a f*ck how fast it is....there's no joy in threatening people.

#54 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

Its not the site that creates arguments. Its the people.
People bring over their complaints. People bring their attitudes. It doesn't just suddenly appear.

+1

There has 2b some policing of the forums, I'm sure the guys get sick of calling the clean up crew in every 6th post. Free speech is one thing but threatening ppl and hurling abuse/harrassment etc is a whole nother ball game and also that this is happening in real life is so much worse.
For every action there's a reaction, some ppl have 2 remember this and not just spit everything out that comes in2 their brain and claim not 2 give a shit, that it's their way or no way, "free speech" and that's how they roll. Think how it would make u feel if u were in the other person's spot, is it that hard of a concept?

Btw I think Dylan and Alex are doing a good job at maintaining the site *thumbs up fellas*
Posted Image

#55 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

I really like the thanks button. I read like 90% of the posts made, but I dont see the point in posting every time I think someone posts something usefull or cool (other wise I would have a post count like sooooop or amodeos). The report button may not get used much now, but just wait till the spam starts or the wankers start comming. future proof FTmfW

Stuff goes here

#56 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

Hi Guys, Just letting you know I've made a few minor changes to the site. The page title has been modified slightly, cookie name has been changed (this is why you have had to re-login this morning) and I will be implementing an official event organisers group on here. We would like to recruit people from different areas to organise any nature of event, such as go-karts, paintball, dyno days, BBQ's etc.. If you would like to do this, please send me a PM and we can discuss it further. Thanks, Dylan

#57 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:57 AM

:D cool, good idea man! Dyno Days FTW!.. just for shits and giggles

#58 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

chiming my shit <_<

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#59 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:58 AM

I read the title of this thread and think, "ahhh, they grow up so fast". What?
TSM

#60 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:52 PM

i don't see the point. Dylan, sc will never be anything like rslibertyclub.org so why mimic it? just keep it plain and simple here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users