#21 Weso

Weso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Gym, Subies and taking things apart

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hi,

When you called yourself Wogley and listed your main interest as the gym and arson. 

Cheers,

Nik

HAHA

Fair call, I cant help the nickname i picked up though, and hey who doesnt like a bit of arson now and again? Though in saying that i didnt know what else to put.

What about a subscription? Changes your member title to supporter or something.

That would be cool. Id be for that.

IMG 5427

574914 10151465982585789 1986020689 N
Subaru Fans, always willing to go the extra mile ;)

#22 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

Please keep it on topic gentlemen !

#23 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

DylAek

Whilst I, and most likely everyone else appreciate the fact that you guys want to keep SC running with no cost, perhaps a volunteer / premium based donation account of some sort might be established? 

Think of what a small bit of revenue could do for the club, not just for site maintenance, but perhaps even getting a CAMS affiliation, dedicated small trackdays (motorkhana, etc). 

As a member of Skylines Australia, they have a member based financial system, which helps sponsor insurances, CAMS affiliation, venue hire, etc. No money is paid to members, and the kitty so to speak is used purely to help fund motorsport based events. Members get premium access to events through a members only section of the club, discounts on trackdays that are organised, discounts of official merchandise, etc. Its a great way to grow the club, especially if you already have long term members who are happy to help surrport and develop the continued growth of the club as a whole. 

From a financial point of view, I'm happy to assist with this as I have a fairly good understanding how it is run. 

Cheers,

Shaz

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#24 Weso

Weso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

DylAek

Whilst I, and most likely everyone else appreciate the fact that you guys want to keep SC running with no cost, perhaps a volunteer / premium based donation account of some sort might be established? 

Think of what a small bit of revenue could do for the club, not just for site maintenance, but perhaps even getting a CAMS affiliation, dedicated small trackdays (motorkhana, etc). 

As a member of Skylines Australia, they have a member based financial system, which helps sponsor insurances, CAMS affiliation, venue hire, etc. No money is paid to members, and the kitty so to speak is used purely to help fund motorsport based events. Members get premium access to events through a members only section of the club, discounts on trackdays that are organised, discounts of official merchandise, etc. Its a great way to grow the club, especially if you already have long term members who are happy to help surrport and develop the continued growth of the club as a whole. 

From a financial point of view, I'm happy to assist with this as I have a fairly good understanding how it is run. 

Cheers,

Shaz

Yea excellent idea, its similar to what we do in our association, we could have these events for everyone but non-paying memberships have a slightly higher price for the events? So in a way we will encourage memberships by helping people save money in the long run yet allow people to still have the opportunity to participate once of or just to try it out and if they enjoy it sign up for a sponsor/supporter membership.

thanks,

Wes

IMG 5427

#25 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

Would their be enough intrest from SC members to have track days and them sort of events?

Especially when there is already a well established subaru club dedicated to that.

Im all for it, but you've gotta be realistic.

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#26 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Would their be enough intrest from SC members to have track days and them sort of events?

Especially when there is already a well established subaru club dedicated to that.

Im all for it, but you've gotta be realistic.

Well it could be something simple like if we have a BBQ cruise, members get a free sanga or something...

2002 B4 Rev E

2004 Outback Premium 3.0R

#27 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Well it could be something simple like if we have a BBQ cruise, members get a free sanga or something...

It would be more like people who become financial members pay something like a $60 fee to join for the first year, then $40 renewal every year thereafter. 

If you get even 50 people to sign up (Out of a 2500 strong community - 2% of the community) you've got enough funds for at least 1 track hire for the year. 

I'm sure alot more people would get on board if track days were subsidised to make it worth their while. 

In any case, these are just ideas. 

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#28 Weso

Weso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think we are too in-between about what we want from these fees. We need fees to suit what we want to do. So first shouldnt we all agree on what they are going towards first and then arrange pricing accordingly?

So lets lay the question. If we were to have a supporters fee/paying membership fees what do we want the funds to go to? My initial idea of this was just to make sure that the admins dont pay things out of their back-pocket for the rest of us to benefit. I guess this also brings into question what we want to achieve as a club as someone already said, there are other clubs out there that are there for things like track days.

to be honest if we have fees should we consider being more in contact with other clubs and have cojoined payed events so that if they are in the same area you dont have people paying for 2 different clubs?

edit: could that make things cheaper? more people= money spread further. we could even make it friendly club vs club

IMG 5427

#29 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

I think we are too in-between about what we want from these fees. We need fees to suit what we want to do. So first shouldnt we all agree on what they are going towards first and then arrange pricing accordingly?

So lets lay the question. If we were to have a supporters fee/paying membership fees what do we want the funds to go to? My initial idea of this was just to make sure that the admins dont pay things out of their back-pocket for the rest of us to benefit. I guess this also brings into question what we want to achieve as a club as someone already said, there are other clubs out there that are there for things like track days.

to be honest if we have fees should we consider being more in contact with other clubs and have cojoined payed events so that if they are in the same area you dont have people paying for 2 different clubs?

There is generally an executive committee, as voted in by the members, who will ultimately make a decision on what the funds go towards. Generally, its something that suits a wide variety of people. I know of clubs that organise limited spot tech nights with major workshops that allow a hands on/individual approach and area that you can ask questions and gain more knowledge in specific areas. It could be a show and shine event. It could be a Texikhana event, which is basically a time trial with a  witches hat course setup in a TAFE carpark that is hired out. It could be a drag night at WSID. It could be a camping trip somewhere, or a track day. A BBQ perhaps with sausages and official photo/video meets. Even defensive / advanced driver courses. 

The membership doesn't just pay for events such as these, but could also go toward insurance costs for the above, merchandise costs, marketing, etc etc.

You also get a few businesses on board as major sponsers, who are happy to subsidise their standard services for club members. I can think of at least 10 companies that would get on board with that. You would get issued with a Membership Card, that includes a personalised membership number, and when shown at any of the major sponser areas, would entitle you to a discount. 

You also get early access and preference nomination to events organised by the club, before the event is opened up to the public, and non-financial members. You would also get a little thing under your username stating you're a financial member, etc.

In saying the above, its all well and good to throw around ideas, and I am by no means a spokesmen for anyone or anything. I'm just sharing my experience with other clubs who have an arrangement like the above worked out like clockwork, and actively ask people to join to help promote not only club values, but in light of recent events, safe driving, automotive self education and social behaviour.

Ultimately, its up-to the admins who also help decide the direction of the club, and whether or not something like this needs to occur moving forward. 

Cheers,

Shaz

#30 Weso

Weso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Sounds good to me Shaz. People give in thoughts and agreements. If people are behind it then we are more likely to do what members want to do. But yea. it is up to our trustworthy admins to decide where they want this club to go. Im sure they had some sort of vision/idea on that when they started it.

Either people agree with all this so they are not commenting or you dont care haha. more imput is wanted here. The more active we all are the better this will all work in all aspects of the club. Nothing happnes when very few or noone puts effort in.

IMG 5427

#31 Staxta

Staxta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

Membership card would be the tits Shaz, loving the ideas.

#32 jakefake

jakefake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

I think there should be a membership fee of $15 a year or something, it all adds up and there is SO much information on this site it isn't funny. 

Annual stickers sent out to each member in return would be nice :D keep everyone happy. 

#33 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

All the ideas are great ones. In regards to the running costs of the forum, if it wasn't for Paul already offering his services, I have the resources available to host the site. No problem at all. It has already been offered when I first joined the forum in order to cut costs. There are many people that could step in and offer something to SubyClub as well so as a whole everyone kinda helps each other anyway.

I would be happy to join a membership sorta thing here. Would be awesome! Not to mention everything that would come because of it. The ideas really are good ones but at the end of the day it is up to the administrators to make the final decision.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#34 ricco

ricco

Ricco

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

i can prob donate the spoted cards, made a stack for liberty asn 500 of them for $30, some on design a few vote and ill see what i can do getting them printed :)

#35 Weso

Weso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

i can prob donate the spoted cards, made a stack for liberty asn 500 of them for $30, some on design a few vote and ill see what i can do getting them printed :)

One way to donate, Just as good if not better than money. Even if we can get designs sent out to people so they can get 50 printed so that they can hand them out to their mates and to others in their local area.

IMG 5427

#36 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

Spotted cards have been discussed many times.

In short. They are a no go.

Posted Image

#37 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

Spotted cards have been discussed many times.

In short. They are a no go.

We had complaints or something?

Legal issues.

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#38 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

Membership cards and spotted cards are 2 different things lads

#39 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

I just wanna go camping and do heli's.  :drinks: 

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#40 WALKER

WALKER

SAM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

One way to donate, Just as good if not better than money. Even if we can get designs sent out to people so they can get 50 printed so that they can hand them out to their mates and to others in their local area.

BTW.. I think your wheel should be turned the opposite way in your signature ;)

You want you see the rim :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users