68 replies to this topic

#21 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:42 PM

That concept looks like something from Need for speed underground. I like the general shape though. Even if it does owe royalties to Volvo. (High prominent crease/waistline.) The wheels on it look way too small. And remind me allot of the VY SS standard 18' rims. I like the design, but I think those are too small for that car. The front headlights have promise I think, and the grille looks alright. But that bar won't work in Europe/Australia/Japan. No way. I like the rear end. It will be interesting to see how big the boot is, I can't see packing it being very easy judging by the size of the boot lid. Maybe it opens up along way? I like the lights also, very similar to the Lancer, but not as aggressive. I think the Lancer tail lights look ridiculous, that concept is pretty much on the money in this aspect. I never been a fan integrated exhausts such as this one. I Hope they don't keep it in the production run. The interior is a bit out there (duh concept.), Having said that I think it would be a mistake by Subaru to keep that seat design. It looks as if they stole some out of a VN commodore and recovered them. I heard they're being released with the 3.6 litre 6 cylinder. Any word on a turbo variant? (4 or 6)? Does anyone know how over square the 3.6 is? It may not like to rev all that hard. Which may be a shortfall for some of you. Despite that, If the weight is kept to a minimum (1400-1500kg's) It should perform reasonably well I would expect. Much more than that, and Subaru will really have to do something special to get decent performance out of it. (350 -475nm/tonne I would call decent.) Overall it has a shades of Dodge magnum and Volvo S40 all over it. Not necessarily a bad thing mind you.
TSM

#22 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

I heard they're being released with the 3.6 litre 6 cylinder.
Any word on a turbo variant? (4 or 6)?
Does anyone know how over square the 3.6 is? It may not like to rev all that hard. Which may be a shortfall for some of you.
Despite that, If the weight is kept to a minimum (1400-1500kg's) It should perform reasonably well I would expect.
Much more than that, and Subaru will really have to do something special to get decent performance out of it. (350 -475nm/tonne I would call decent.)

Overall it has a shades of Dodge magnum and Volvo S40 all over it.
Not necessarily a bad thing mind you.

Yeah the 3.6L will most likely be seen.
I am also hoping that the weight will be not far over 1500Kg, although I have a feeling it will be.
now even 350Nm/tonne would mean the engine would have to put out like 530Nm which is more then your 5.7L.... I have my doubts that this would happen.

The Volvo S40 thing maybe.............. but the Dodge Magnum I can not see at all.
Will be very interesting to see the production version of this :D

#23 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:02 PM

Yeah that torque is a bit high sorry. :). I was thinking overall, then rephrased my sentance. It didn't work obviously. If it weighs 1600kg's and under, yet can manage 300nm it'll be on the right track. But that would probably defeat the point of the car. (family cruiser). More accurately, It should be low in the rev range. Magnum in the headlights/front end i reckon.
TSM

#24 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:56 AM

The Volvo S40 thing maybe.............. but the Dodge Magnum I can not see at all.
Will be very interesting to see the production version of this :D

From the rear wheel arches back looks very Dodge-ish to me...

Frank if they use the same technology that modern touch phones are using, it'll be just as rugged as regular buttons as long as your kids don't start headbutting it.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#25 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

From the rear wheel arches back looks very Dodge-ish to me...

Frank if they use the same technology that modern touch phones are using, it'll be just as rugged as regular buttons as long as your kids don't start headbutting it.

Hahaha I just pictured some kids sitting in Franks car headbutting the shit out of the touch screen power window switches :P

#26 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:43 PM

Hahaha I just pictured some kids sitting in Franks car headbutting the shit out of the touch screen power window switches :P

I'll post the video of it if you want. Little buggers.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#27 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

hey kids, lets have some fun, take your seatbelts off. *brake, accelerate, brake, accelerate* hahah

Stuff goes here

#28 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

That white interoir would last about 5seconds with kids aswell lol Im interested to see a wagon model :D

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#29 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

That white interoir would last about 5seconds with kids aswell lol

Im interested to see a wagon model :D

LegacyRSK posted a link to a page that shows a rendering of a wagon. Really it's just a culmination of all the designs out there in Europe, and a bit of Japan. But this isn't the 09 Liberty, it's just an 09 Concept Car showcasing the technology Subaru hope to include in future models. Anyone remember Toyota's 'Go-Kart' sport's car or Holden's new "Torana". Same rubbish as that, interior looks promising though, really trying to punch it's weight up against the likes of Beemer and Audi to crack into that market.

Nick

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#30 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

With VN commodore seats? What are you smoking?
TSM

#31 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:56 PM

With VN commodore seats?

What are you smoking?

I remember my Bro's VN HSV SS, back when SS's weren't so ****, and female, and pedestrian, in the summer of 95. It was an ace car, loved it to bits, including the seats.

Nick

#32 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:17 PM

Erm... SS > Executive. The seats in those pictures look like flat executive seats to me.
TSM

#33 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

Erm...

SS > Executive.

The seats in those pictures look like flat executive seats to me.

Yeah, they are fairly....boring and plain....to say the least. I like the 2-seat back seat, worked for the Monaro. And they've included the traditional fold down armrest/seperator. I don't see the rear-view camera screen replacing a mirror in production though, bit ambitious there. And damnit Paul, why didn't you bite on my SS payout?

Nick

#34 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

I wouldn't expect to see a 4 seater in production. You don't often use all 5 seats, but I expect Subaru would lose a lot of sales if they cut out the middle seat.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#35 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

^Same here. They'll probs keep the middle seat. But you never know, they might do a coupe or something like that in due time.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#36 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

I wouldn't expect to see a 4 seater in production. You don't often use all 5 seats, but I expect Subaru would lose a lot of sales if they cut out the middle seat.

Perhaps a feature reserved for Special models (Tuned by STi, GT, Spec-B...etc) as when it was used in the Monaro, the vehicle was sold as an absolute Sports/Muscle car, not your family sedan. I see some good ideas in this vehicle, I suspect the large in-dash touch screen will become a standard feature, integrated GPS, stereo and car management system(electric windows, A/C, rocket boosters etc), and even extending to engine management in the same models mentioned above.

Nick

#37 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Perhaps a feature reserved for Special models (Tuned by STi, GT, Spec-B...etc) as when it was used in the Monaro, the vehicle was sold as an absolute Sports/Muscle car, not your family sedan. I see some good ideas in this vehicle, I suspect the large in-dash touch screen will become a standard feature, integrated GPS, stereo and car management system(electric windows, A/C, rocket boosters etc), and even extending to engine management in the same models mentioned above.

Nick

The monaro is a coupe. It's quite common to see coupe's with only 2 rear seats. It's quite uncommon to see a sedan with only 2 rear seats. Trust me, Subaru will not make a Liberty with 4 seats.

#38 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:30 PM

Trust me, Subaru will not make a Liberty with 4 seats.

And now we play the waiting game.

Nick

#39 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

What are you waiting for exactly? Reality to bite?
TSM

#40 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

What are you waiting for exactly?
Reality to bite?

You're obviously still waiting..... :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users