#41 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

And now we play the waiting game.

Nick

Think about it, even the Audi RS4 or RS6 has 5 seats, and it's about as hot as a 4 door comes. It just doesn't make sense for Subaru to do it.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#42 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Think about it, even the Audi RS4 or RS6 has 5 seats, and it's about as hot as a 4 door comes. It just doesn't make sense for Subaru to do it.

Its a shame Subaru no longer competes with Audi (hmmm RS4 avante anyone??) in terms of world's fastest production mid sized station wagon.

Could have made for some rather exciting models.

But I think Subaru will suffer a similar fate to what happened with Toyota...who once made rather spicy models....now blander than grey plastic dog shit.

'tis a shame...

#43 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

Some Merc's do it, think my mates S series is four seats, and it's a 2008 model, so fairly new, but what you said got me thinking about if Subaru would be putting a coupe style Liberty into production, and then I remembered this old chestnut http://www.autoblog....-2012-or-later/

And as for 4-seat & 4-door cars, must be the 'in' thing this concept season; http://www.autoblog....r-200c/1279303/
http://www.autoblog....cept-4/1226599/

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#44 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

I for one rate this car highy!, especially when they get the TDi happening! p.s, the WRX sedan looks like a bust rectum / soops head.

#45 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

Not saying I wouldn't be happy if they did it Nik, I think it LOOKS great, it's just not really practical... As for a coupe, sadly I doubt it. As Alex pointed out, that would require some very un-toyotaish logic.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#46 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

TDI will probably replace the NA EJ2*. I mean, who wants a slow nugget that cost a fortune to run, when you can have a slow nugget that costs slightly less, but has a hektic p-plater legal turbro y0!
TSM

#47 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

Not saying I wouldn't be happy if they did it Nik, I think it LOOKS great, it's just not really practical...
As for a coupe, sadly I doubt it. As Alex pointed out, that would require some very un-toyotaish logic.

True mate, logic over looks I guess. And I don't think any Subaru fan would want to see a Boxer in one of Mr Toyoda's creations, but a two door Liberty would arguably be a nice addition, perhaps we'll have to settle for a two door STi revival like in the GC8's.

And Paul in the UK TDi is offered as an alternate to the N/A EJ2*, but it's not offered to compete with any EJ2*T/TT as far as I'm aware, but honestly I'd be thinking more people would lean towards the Turbo Diesel instead of the N/A Petrol for the reasons you've pointed out. And it actually may be classed illegal under the new P-Plate laws due to, and this is grapevine news, the Diesel Boxer being engineered differently to regular TD's in that it gives constant power through the Rev range, instead of spurts with in a 1500 range like most Triton,Hilux, etc, and naturally will work different to similar diesel sports such as VW's Golf TDi, in the same way a EJ20T is incomparable to an RB20DET, (as in the Boxer just wins, end of story :D).

Nick

#48 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

Good chance it will be a replacement to the 2.0L petrol Lib considering that 2.5L is the smallest engine capacity now available on a new ADM Liberty. :D I do doubt that a 4 seater will make it into production, it would be cool but yeah I just think subaru are too soft to produce something like it even as a sports model.

#49 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

And it actually may be classed illegal under the new P-Plate laws due to, and this is grapevine news, the Diesel Boxer being engineered differently to regular TD's in that it gives constant power through the Rev range, instead of spurts with in a 1500 range like most Triton,Hilux, etc, and naturally will work different to similar diesel sports such as VW's Golf TDi, in the same way a EJ20T is incomparable to an RB20DET, (as in the Boxer just wins, end of story :D).

Nick

How can you engineer a Diesel differently?
It'll still be a compression ignition. It'll still be direct injection and an electric fuel pump. I'd dare say the throttle is controlled by the fuel rather than the air like a petrol engine.
TSM

#50 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

Perhaps putting the pistons on their side caused some sort of reaction which, not being an engineer, you are not aware of Paul?

#51 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

You got to be kidding right?
TSM

#52 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

p.s, the WRX sedan looks like a bust rectum / soops head.

are you serious??

the new WRX sedan looks pretty good (esp when compared to the hatch)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2mmwi1w.jpg

#53 DRIVER

DRIVER

Trusted Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

i like the sedan WRX and the new liberty looks good but the front bar needs more spot lights and might even look heaps better in different colour then that high shine silver...
Posted Image
I dont give a f*ck how fast it is....there's no joy in threatening people.

#54 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

What, do you have some engineering degree I'm unaware of? I'm not saying he's right, I'm just saying how do you know he's wrong?

#55 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

Paul if you've driven a TD (which I assume you have) you'd be aware that it acts differently to a petrol, or petrol turbo engine. Apparently the Boxer Diesel is designed to act like a Petrol, or Petrol Turbo, with a more constant power and better throttle response. Like I said grapevine news, but as it's the first Boxer Diesel, I'd expect a different sort of experience compared to a traditional TD.

And Tristan, second photo down look's ace, probably it's best side. I'd expect the STi to have more pumped guards, like the hatch. Make it look even better.

Nick

#56 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

I have heard that the new Boxer diesel goes well :D some Turbo Diesels are like driving a Petrol diesel, my Pops TD Discovery is like driving a petrol Turbo (yeah the car f**king sucks ass hardcore badly) But with th BMW designed TD in it its kind of revvy, starts to pull hard @ 2500 RPM (For a TD.... and mind you better then some small 4 cyl cars :P) and revs out past 5500 RPM after which I must admit the power dies immediately but still thats pretty high for an older (1998 Model) TD I reckon Not sure if there are any P plate restrictions on TD's at the moment but Audi have released in NZ their newest Q7 Addition.. the new V12 6.0L Turbo Diesel 368Kw (500Hp) and 1000 Nm Torque @ 1750 RPM!!! LOL its still a heavy 4x4 but it does 0-100 in 5.5 Seconds LOL.. Imagine if a P-plater could legally drive that :S

#57 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

1000nm at 1750rpm!!! Holy crap! I imagine the fuel consumption wouldn't be that engine's strong point though? :P

#58 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

Oh fark I forgot to mention that the f**ker betters my B4 in fuel consumption and has a combined cycle of 11.3L/100.. highway sees like 7.X L/100...not at all fair To any doubters too I have the specs sheets in my email at work from Audi NZ with the official consumption quotes (these are not made by Audi but by LTNZ)

#59 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:28 PM

LMAO 1000nm.....do conversion for that Tristan :P Diesels, no matter how powerful, are exempt from any P-plate laws. They can have turbos and everything on it.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#60 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

I have the specs sheets in my email at work from Audi NZ with the official consumption quotes (these are not made by Audi but by LTNZ)

Email Title: Ey Brus, chick et da nuu Awdy

But seriously, trust Audi to pull those figures out of a diesel.

LMAO 1000nm.....do conversion for that Tristan :P Diesels, no matter how powerful, are exempt from any P-plate laws. They can have turbos and everything on it.

Imagine that, bunch of P-Plate teens hanging out at Macca's on a Friday night with their pimped out Diesels "Running 6psi cuz". Think I'll wait my remaining 23 months for my Petrol Turbs.

Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users