Photo

SOCCER THREAD

Soccer proper football no diving Back of the net GOAL!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
900 replies to this topic

#881 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:10 AM

Sorry Reevesy. Not today. :)

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#882 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

on the surface yeah sure, people can watch it via a streaming service, possibly even pay per view but i hear that most most likely though is that you need to sign up for fetch on their basic package and then add the epl pack on top. hopefully everyone realises that the basic fetch package starts at $70 a month (up to $115 for the top package) while foxtel now starts at $25 month (or for $25 extra Sports plus which included all a-league and epl for $50 a month TOTAL).

in my mind its a loss loss for football fans and football coverage in Australia. while i see how some people don't want to subscribe to foxtel, i get that its expensive, this new deal doesn't help football fans any further, and in my opinion this is why..

many people already have foxtel for the amount of football they have but this is about to change, and really has been changing for a while. so 2 years ago, as a football fan i could get fox and a small extra charge, i think $8 a month had setanta sports added. that gave me epl, fa cup, league cup, a-league, ffa cup, champions league, uefa cup, euro qualifiers and finals, world cup qualifiers and finals, bundesliga, seria a, super liga, la liga, mls, copa america, eredivisie, all socceroos games, w-league + other smaller leagues on Eurosports or Setanta.

Personally there is now there is a situation where i have to choose to continue paying for fox or go with fetch. basically i need both now if i want epl and a-league, like a lot of football fans out there, thats a hard decision. so for me, i'll probably go with both as football is a religion and i watch it all so i'm worse off for buying both now which sucks. some people will be like me and do both but there will be lots of people who will choose one over the other. if they go fetch then they get their epl fix but no a-league who i think will be the biggest loser in this. more people sign up for foxsport to watch EPL then they do a-league. there is also anti foxtel sentiment so i see people leaving in droves. if people stop subscribing to fox and go fetch for epl then the a-league will lose exposure which is not good. they will also have a situation where suddenly they aren't on the one stop location for football so the need for fox to pay super money to keep tv rights to the a-league lessens. it puts the a-league in a situation where they need a tv deal more than a tv provider needs them which equals less money. with clubs already struggling to be commercially viable can they operate with less tv revenue? anyway that aside..

So now EPL is on Fetch, A-League, FFA Cup, Socceroos on Foxsports, Bundesliga, La Liga, Seria A etc on BeIN Sports + a bunch of others on ESPN, Eurosports and a handful on SBS HD. To get the same amount of football intake will cost A LOT MORE today than it did in the past. even if went say just Fetch, i'd probably also sign up to netflix for extra programming so while its still cheaper i get a lot less for my money.

Maybe some people don't care and only want EPL so are happy to just have that but those who live to consume football content and are currently doing it all via fox and BeIN we're now worse off.

rant over/

I have Optus Fetch, got it on a deal with unlimited broadband. I pay month to month $95. Would be $85 if on contract (we get $10 off for having an optus phone). This was the $125 Entertainment Bundle.

I'd say EPL will come onto the basic fetch plan, or will be $2/month additional. Fetch just signed Comedy Central so is definetely setting up to rival Foxtel.

I'm more into NFL so ESPN is all I really need.

Thought I'd just add the financials in case anyone was looking at getting Fetch.

#883 Harry88

Harry88

Soccer Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:42 AM

stop_trying_to_make_fetch_happen_1.png.C

#884 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:45 AM

Smash.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#885 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:58 AM

so hows Optus looking for EPL guys?

more choice gives the power to the consumers and football fans right?

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#886 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:06 AM

Looks like exactly what I said, they will add it to fetch for a small increase in your monthly fee.

And looks like if you're an Optus customer you will get access for a fee.

Buy a Chromecast and switch your mobile to Optus Aek.

https://offer.optus.com.au/epl/register/#bXwj1sOBsGvZt2bB.97

scroll to the bottom.

#887 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

yeah its exactly what i said, i now need multiple platforms to enjoy the same amount of football coverage i was before.

i am with optus already. my problem is that they've fragmented the football market. i watch EPL plus many other leagues so having chromecast or fetch doesn't help me get a better deal or put me ahead of where i was as i still need foxtel to watch all the other football enjoy.

signature_1_35.jpg

#888 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:26 AM

Can you go around foxtel straight to the other leagues? Like NFL access?

Does BeIN sports have the other leagues?

BeIN Sports $17/month + Optus EPL $15/month should cover it all.

#889 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:38 AM

BeIN sports is expanding to 3 channels and becomes free on foxtel from the 15th? Of this month.

It has most of Europe's tip leagues(excluding EPL of course) and some South American leagues as well

#890 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

You can get beIN on your phone though, and coupled with Optus EPL it would be $32/month and played simultaneously on 3 devices, add Netflix for $11/month and you've got most of your entertainment needs met for $43/month.

#891 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

A-League and Socceroos are both Foxtel and FA cup on ESPN.

I also watch F1 and moto gp and lots of NRL so foxtel isn't something i'm about to give up

signature_1_35.jpg

#892 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:55 AM

But that is assuming you are already with Optus.

My phone is with Telstra. And Internet with TPG. And already have foxtel.

I already pay 84 a month for all channels + extra box on foxtel. (Won't get that deal again if I cancel now) Optus don't do NBN in my area yet and still have another year to go on my phone contract.

And I'm sure that there are plenty of others in the same boat, where it isn't financially or physically practical to jump on the Optus network

#893 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

Yeah.

Looks forked if you want to keep all those sports Aek.

You can always just switch to watching NFL :P

#894 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

Just read in the paper fox will be showing some EPL games. All on delay.

They have supposedly got the rights to the official club tv channels for Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, ManU, ManC and Tottenham.

And Chelsea Liverpool and ManU will be shown 24/7
http://www.adnews.co...f-top-epl-games

#895 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:54 PM

not supposed, they have, which is something. shame if you don't support any of those guys though.

signature_1_35.jpg

#896 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:54 PM

Well played to fox if they had this in the works when they didn't bother bidding for full rights

#897 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:33 PM

Manchester United is good for me, but the whole bullshit going on makes it so much more difficult for people actually interested in watching the league like Aek.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#898 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:35 AM

Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid kicks off in 10 minutes.

Fell asleep when I got home from work this afternoon and woke up at about 2 am. This will keep me going until it's time for work. :)

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#899 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:37 AM

1-1 at half-time.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#900 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:33 PM

Another win against Perth Glory giving the Sky Blues a 6 in-a-row record.

Socceroos against Thailand tonight.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users