#21 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

If you are going to do a conversion, why would you bother with an n.a.

Unless you are strapping a h6 in....

Posted Image

#22 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

This. But even then I'm don't think that's really the best option is it?

Honestly 150kw at the wheels ain't going to happen by an ej20 na engine conversion. Stock early GC8 WRX is probably around 110kw at the wheels but at least with that you can upgrade intercooler, do exhaust, CAI and wind up the boost to get to closer to 150kw.

Don't bother.Pretty gutless down low Just go drive an 08-> Impreza (sane motor) and then add another few hundred kilos for the Liberty and you'll get the idea.

And this. Drive one and you'll see that it's a nugget. Forget what Hp at the fly or kw at the wheels the brochure or wikipedia says and actually try it out for real and then make your mind up.

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#23 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

Get a loan.

#24 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

1481329-not_sure_if_serious.jpg

#25 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

I agree with most people on this page. Why would you put so much money into a conversion (most of the costings are the same) to a higher performance NA when you can convert it to turbo? Sure its something different, but the gains are just not there.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#26 93tzlegacy

93tzlegacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

we havenmt recieved any emails frm you regarding this engine, but we dont bring them in because they arent good for anything except holding small watercraft in place.  as already said, go turbo ( or 2 if you have to) or H6, i put a H6 in my outback with a 2.5 rx lib box behind it and it was quite quick, approx same power output as a stock TT but the sound :D 

Benny's Custom Works supplying OEM new, aftermarket new and used parts at the best prices 

0415 522 512

wagonsyndicatesig.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users