61 replies to this topic

#41 WillC

WillC

Scrappy Coco the 2nd! Disc0 Disc0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:Suby, HOONda, Chasing magical unicorns, turbos. Fruit loops
    Most things with a pulse. Most things that tick and have electric.

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

Get a FMIC ffs.

TMIC are shite for driving in traffic. Regardless of how "Speshal" they are. You'll have far less issues with heat soak.

what the hecckk ? ? where did this come from... first off a FMIC .. where the heck do i put it... seriously theres no way it'll fit infront of the car... and PLUS Brendan help me out here... FMIC... big silver thing sicking outta the front bar is so T_T

Toy's Garry

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#42 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

When you do decide yo start the modifications on your newly beloved automobile then the first thing that i could suggest for you is what Soop has pointed out...... FMIC ....... In summer heat soak can be easily noticable, especially in traffic. The car won't feel as "energetic" as it usually does and you don't get that jump off the line you normally get if you've been sitting for a short time with a hot engine. It will get better as you drive as the intercooler will do its job, but the first minute of driving after stopping will feel "flat"

Just Married

#43 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

B4 fmic's make zexytime...

(pics of ex-HIRISK's car)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#44 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

If I didnt spend so much on a new tmic and given my time again, i would have gone front mount...

Uhh...what I meant to say was that Will - if you want to buy a near new bolt-up Hyperflow TMIC for your silver sovereign, uhh...damn.

(yes soop, shuddup...)

LOL

Just Married

#45 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

God damn HIRISK's car was hot... Shame he moved on.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#46 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:46 PM

He got hit in the head and woke up to himself :P. I hear he owns an RX7 now..... Alex, Ner ner ner ner ner.
TSM

#47 WillC

WillC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:46 PM

B4 fmic's make zexytime...

(pics of ex-HIRISK's car)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh hey yea your right...

hrmm saw another pic of some hideous silver thing hanging out of the front of a car. Generally how much would something like that set you back for ? 2k ? and i'm pretty sure i'll have crudloads of bolts/nuts and washers left over but it looks like you can put something like that in yourself?

Also i'll have to drive for a long time to feel the effects : ) at least 1 year before next summer :) as summer will be all about finished when i get the baby... which is hopefully this Thursday...

Toy's Garry

Fairfield East NSW 2161

#48 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

LOL Bloody Rotories :P s'all I hear about all day RX3 this and RX2 that !! then again they probably hear Subaru This and B4 that

#49 WillC

WillC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

Must admit its a really nice B4... pitty about the lil pod there.. : /

Toy's Garry

Fairfield East NSW 2161

#50 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

that ended up in its own little enclosure

Stuff goes here

#51 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

Oh hey yea your right...

hrmm saw another pic of some hideous silver thing hanging out of the front of a car. Generally how much would something like that set you back for ? 2k ? and i'm pretty sure i'll have crudloads of bolts/nuts and washers left over but it looks like you can put something like that in yourself?

Also i'll have to drive for a long time to feel the effects : ) at least 1 year before next summer :) as summer will be all about finished when i get the baby... which is hopefully this Thursday...

Mate it gets hot in autumn and spring aswell, even get a few hotter days in winter. You will feel the effect of a FMIC all year round as heat soak happens in any temperature......

You could put something like this in yourself. I wouldn't pay $2k for one though. you could get a decent cooler for a reasonable price and then get the pipe work made up by a reputable exhaust shop who will fit the pipe work for you at the same time. They prolly wont fit the cooler for legal reasons, but if you fit that before you get the pipe work made then your home and hosed.

You must understand that the "standard" sized cooler that ppl use ie: 600X300 will require your crash bar to be cut which in the insurance companies eyes is a no no. That said, a smaller cooler will be sufficient and you will still feel the gains from it. A larger cooler would be better if your looking at getting big power + 220Kw atw but achieving that sort of power is near impossible on the standard twin setup.

Just Married

#52 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

For what the car is doing, a wee little FMIC would still be far better than the TMIC. No one needs a big f*ck off FMIC. It's purely for **** factor.
TSM

#53 WillC

WillC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

Mate it gets hot in autumn and spring aswell, even get a few hotter days in winter. You will feel the effect of a FMIC all year round as heat soak happens in any temperature......

You could put something like this in yourself. I wouldn't pay $2k for one though. you could get a decent cooler for a reasonable price and then get the pipe work made up by a reputable exhaust shop who will fit the pipe work for you at the same time. They prolly wont fit the cooler for legal reasons, but if you fit that before you get the pipe work made then your home and hosed.

You must understand that the "standard" sized cooler that ppl use ie: 600X300 will require your crash bar to be cut which in the insurance companies eyes is a no no. That said, a smaller cooler will be sufficient and you will still feel the gains from it. A larger cooler would be better if your looking at getting big power + 220Kw atw but achieving that sort of power is near impossible on the standard twin setup.

I don't think i want anything 220KW + ... its a bit much for me : ) i'm happy with a mild 180-190 ATW does anyone have a pic of this smaller cooler you speak of that doesn't require anything being cut.... i kinda liked the way Brendan kept the car...

Toy's Garry

Fairfield East NSW 2161

#54 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

For what the car is doing, a wee little FMIC would still be far better than the TMIC.

No one needs a big f*ck off FMIC. It's purely for **** factor.

...so if 600X300 require's cut'age, what size would you recommend?

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#55 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:34 AM

Messure up what will fit behind your bar and find out? I have NFI what will fit in there.
TSM

#56 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:49 AM

Behind the standard bar, you should be able to squeeze in something like a 500x200....... I can't remember what exactly would fit there as i measured it ager ago. Maybe 68mm thick???

Just Married

#57 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:23 AM

Either way, anything is better than the alloy chunk'o'crap that sits right on top of two weeny little turbots absobring all the heat it can.
TSM

#58 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

Just get a FMIC off a 200sx :)

#59 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

Well he'd need custom pipe work anyway. So the $160 for a decent, well sized new core is nothing really.
TSM

#60 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:34 PM

Man, forget the FMIC, get a nice hyperflow TMIC, it will do the job just fine dude,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users