#41 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

I disagree.

16,500 jobs are being taken from government agencies. Unless you work in a federal agency, this won't apply to you.

Universities will have to be competitive in order to attract students. I can see universities in the city being expensive, but others shouldn't be. It seems as if everyone has degrees nowadays, but that doesn't technically mean they're better than someone that went to TAFE and what not.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#42 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

Gaz.. dude I think you need to look one step ahead and outside your own personal position..

Those 16000 jobs... lets just say there is one building in the burbs with say 50 people working there. All those jobs go. The department is defunct and not needed apparently. .. Now let's say of those 50 people.. just half of them stop going to the local sandwich Bar on a Friday.
That sandwich Bar takes a decent hit on income on Fridays. .. (hang with me here)
So in turn. . Sharron loses her part time job which means she doesnt put the kids into child care now.

Now the child care centre doesn't care about 1 kid.. But now this Childcare place also doesn't look after 5 other kids anymore because their mums lost jobs at the same dept..

Now this is just a small child care centre. And that 25% cut in kids in that class forces them to merge classes and fire another person.
Now Amanda doesn't have a job either.
Because amanda and Sharon lost their jobs and the 5 women at the gov department lost their job. They can't afford to go to coffee all together on a saturday morning.
This is where poor Kim gets screwed because she only works sat mornings at the cafe because she studies all week..
She losses her shift and now she cant afford rent and the wait for the dole is going to mean Shes back with the parents. Because she was working a cashy. She technically didn't have a job so she's new to the market and this 6 month wait applies to her. .

Being back with the parents means that ron and lisa take a hit on their savings and can't go on the trip they wanted to.. and the whole thing keeps going. .

Over the top but you need to look at the flow on effect... Just cause these things don't effect you directly doesn't mean you won't feel it some way.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#43 hoff

hoff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

Gaz.. dude I think you need to look one step ahead and outside your own personal position..

Those 16000 jobs... lets just say there is one building in the burbs with say 50 people working there. All those jobs go. The department is defunct and not needed apparently. .. Now let's say of those 50 people.. just half of them stop going to the local sandwich Bar on a Friday.
That sandwich Bar takes a decent hit on income on Fridays. .. (hang with me here)
So in turn. . Sharron loses her part time job which means she doesnt put the kids into child care now.

Now the child care centre doesn't care about 1 kid.. But now this Childcare place also doesn't look after 5 other kids anymore because their mums lost jobs at the same dept..

Now this is just a small child care centre. And that 25% cut in kids in that class forces them to merge classes and fire another person.
Now Amanda doesn't have a job either.
Because amanda and Sharon lost their jobs and the 5 women at the gov department lost their job. They can't afford to go to coffee all together on a saturday morning.
This is where poor Kim gets screwed because she only works sat mornings at the cafe because she studies all week..
She losses her shift and now she cant afford rent and the wait for the dole is going to mean Shes back with the parents. Because she was working a cashy. She technically didn't have a job so she's new to the market and this 6 month wait applies to her. .

Being back with the parents means that ron and lisa take a hit on their savings and can't go on the trip they wanted to.. and the whole thing keeps going. .

Over the top but you need to look at the flow on effect... Just cause these things don't effect you directly doesn't mean you won't feel it some way.

Spot on.

#44 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

I hear you Ty, though I don't think it will actually go down exactly like that.

Just to clarify a few things.

14,500 of those jobs were flagged to go under labor, Abbott has added 2000 more.

More than 2000 of those jobs will attributed to natural attrition (so the shit that happens in every business, people move on, people retire etc) those positions will just not be replaced, So you can't count those as being people out of work.

Often when governments cut jobs they are cutting the equivalent of said number of positions which doesn't necessarily mean 16500 people out of a job. Some of said positions can be attributed to clamp downs in working overtime hours, this reduction in working hours could account for a good few jobs too, smaller to no wage increases for these employees can also account for some of these positions - this is how some of the position losses have been accounted for in some previous cuts.

So While that doesn't account for the entire amount of the positions to go, it does take a decent chunk out of the people who will suddenly be out of work.

These losses will also occur gradually over 4 years, they have stated that each department will be gone over individually to identify redundant postions, so say there are in total going to have to be 10,000 people who will physically be out of work after taking into account above, these cuts will be over 4 years and occur from departments all over the country, these people will gradually filter back into the workforce, 5000 a year isn't a drastic amount to be absorbed into the Australian job market.

While it isn't great for these people, I really don't think the flow on effects will be as drastic as what people have made out.

This isn't the first time in the past few decades that this many jobs have been cut from government departments, it also will not be the last.

#45 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

+1.

A lot of the things do affect me directly, but at the end of the day if it isn't one thing, it's another. No one is going to be happy with any budget. Things are going to be cut in various areas and whilst some are positive, others are negative. That's just the way it is.

I am just giving my opinions based on my own circumstances. If nothing affected you but they affected me, would you pay for me to be the same as you?

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#46 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

Holy shit. This whole thread, even the title.

Affect*

Affect*

Affect*

Affect*

Affect*

Affect*

#47 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

My posts have been fixed. :)

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#48 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:38 AM

I will add one comment to this thread, on the $7 upfront doctors fee. 2 weeks ago I went to the docs, and had to pay an upfront, out of pocket fee of $45 (this is not covered by medicare).

$7 does not seem that steep to me, although I am aware that there is a lot of people that have to visit a doc on a regular basis, it's more just to point out that some practices already charge

a rather hefty out of pocket fee, yet everyone is loosing their minds over $7.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#49 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:41 AM

Holy shit. This whole thread, even the title.

Affect*
Affect*
Affect*
Affect*
Affect*
Affect*

HAHAHAHA I THOUGHT SO :)

Posted Image

#50 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

I will add one comment to this thread, on the $7 upfront doctors fee. 2 weeks ago I went to the docs, and had to pay an upfront, out of pocket fee of $45 (this is not covered by medicare).

$7 does not seem that steep to me, although I am aware that there is a lot of people that have to visit a doc on a regular basis, it's more just to point out that some practices already charge

a rather hefty out of pocket fee, yet everyone is loosing their minds over $7.

i can live with $7 if its going to medical research or bettering our health system, whats one less schooner of beer on the weekend really.

#51 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

Exactly. The same thing goes with 4 cents extra for fuel (1 cent per year for the next four years), which equals about 60-70 cents extra per tank. It's all going towards bettering our roads. I'm not arguing with that one!

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#52 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

RATINGS agency Standard & Poor's has warned Australia's AAA credit rating could be reviewed unless significant cuts are made to the budget, providing the Abbott government with much-needed ammunition as it tries to win support for its fiscal roadmap.

http://www.news.com....9-1226923554794

#53 garcialilliem

garcialilliem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:04 AM

So, as 2014 is over i can say that it was not as bad as it looked, i had know ides what to expect, i had to write an essay about 2014 budget and i didn't know what to write, used bmat essay help revision service, but there was no need in it, i could write it on my own.

#54 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:20 AM

Hi,

Looked soft, and it was soft.

Hands up if you're still struggling though...!

Cheers,

Nik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users