...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

Slight progress... Actually, more like 2 steps forward, one step back :P

Acceleration issue seems to be fixed!

Pulled out the leads and cleaned them all up. #2 & #4 had a bit of oil in them but nothing serious. #1 & #3 were dry. Seals aren't cracked and they all gave a nice 'click' when reinserted.

Removed coilpack for visual inspection. All looks fine.

Removed air intake from snorkel to airbox and (filter needs replacing. Stat.) Throttle isn't sticky.

Readjusted some hoses and clamps around the area.

Removed all the sensors around the throttle body to see if there was anything I could clean - this is where something went wrong.

One of the sensors was the TPS. The holes to secure it are slotted so the position can be changed. I put it back so the throttle is clearly at 0% but I'm now getting error code P0122/P0122 P.

Tried erasing with my scanner - no luck

Removed the negative terminal from the battery and followed a recalibration process online with no luck.

The car idles and drives fine.

Any thoughts? I've reached my knowledge limit!

nWbzIfm.png

IM47Gcv.jpg

#22 hazzaRX04

hazzaRX04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:10 PM

I am also having issues with my 04 RX impreza

just did the 200K service, and since then it is boggy as on takeoff and then it seems to sort of "wake up" and full power kicks in.

i also have a new "clunking issue when im above 2500rpm and take my foot off the accelerator it clunks. ive been told this could be an intake issue (will find the link later) or could be old clutch, bushes etc.

only difference it seems with mine is when i ecu reset it goes away for a few days/weeks. 

but it eventually comes back.

I found when doing my timing belt there was a little bit of oil in the rocket covers, around the spark plugs so i have ordered a gasket set and will be tuning the tappets while im at it.

if this fixes it i will let you know.

i changed my spark plugs so that isnt my issue.

maybe the fuel pump?

i did replace the knock sensor with a non subaru part (whoops) so  hopefully it isnt that.

if anyone has had a win with this im keen to hear it.

good luck morgan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users