• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

If your licence is from the ACT, you don't need to display your P-plates. 

u fkn wot m8

#22 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

?

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#23 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

You can do an optional 3 hour (lol) theoretical course after having held your P's for 6 months that enables you to not display your P's and gain 4 extra points. But unless you do this, you still have to display your P's in the ACT. To be honest I knew plenty of people that couldn't be bothered doing it, and you still see heaps of P-platers around.

#24 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:32 PM

I didn't know that.

If you were to do that, you don't have to display your P-plates. That's the point. NSW doesn't have that option at all.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#25 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:05 PM

I didn't do it but I was close in the last 6 months of my P's as I only had one point left. But I managed to not lose a point for the whole 6 months, Now on my fulls I still have not lost a point.

But yeah I would think it would be easier for him to put rego in ACT also unless no where around him can do ACT rego checks. But then again he would only need to do it once when he registers the car and would never have to do it again, as long as he didn't get defected ect. Plus I would think the police would be less likely to pull him over as they would just assume he is a ACT driver and can drive anything he wants.

#26 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

I didn't do it but I was close in the last 6 months of my P's as I only had one point left. But I managed to not lose a point for the whole 6 months, Now on my fulls I still have not lost a point.

But yeah I would think it would be easier for him to put rego in ACT also unless no where around him can do ACT rego checks. But then again he would only need to do it once when he registers the car and would never have to do it again, as long as he didn't get defected ect. Plus I would think the police would be less likely to pull him over as they would just assume he is a ACT driver and can drive anything he wants.

+1

#27 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

Hi,

Is insurance cheap in act?

Cheers,
Nik

#28 bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:52 PM

Is insurance cheap in act?

Nah, about the same.

And up until last year NRMA had the monopoly on CTP too... Now we have a massive choice of 4 insurers to use.

2002 Outback - it's gone...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users