#winningatwagon

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#22 DROSS

DROSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:58 PM

After my head gaskets letting go while having a bit too much fun going up kangaroo valley i got my car trailered home and finally begun getting it ready for the engine to be removed. It was my first time pulling an engine and with a bit of help from my equally inexperienced friend we got it out without too much difficulty. Figured while i had the clutch out of the silver one i may as well pull the gearbox out of the blue gtb to swap it in. Just waiting for businesses to reopen for the year so i can get some needed seals sorted before i can put it all back together. Plan so far is get the blue gtb running and rego'd while I'm rebuilding the silver gtb. Once thats done the blue one will most likely be for sale.

_MG_9067.jpg

my dirty 207 waiting to be pulled down

_MG_9058.jpg

engine bay in dire need of a clean up

_MG_9070.jpg

whats left of the blue gtb's clutch

Also have a whole bunch of parts waiting to go on. While the inlet manifolds off figured I'll do the parallel injector mod as well as fit the psr silicone intake I've had sitting around for months.

_MG_9061.jpg

Front mount test fitting

_MG_9077_1.jpg

Group n engine and 5spd mounts

_MG_9071.jpg

spec c 2.2 rack

_MG_9089.jpg

Some how convinced myself i should pay a heap of money for some bg5c plastic 

_MG_9091.jpg

also have a pretty good stock pile of monsoons hanging out in my room...

#23 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

dat is one forked up clutch!

#24 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Technology and Photography

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

Looks awesome man, gen 2 is on my list of cars to own!

Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -

#25 Joss

Joss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:34 PM

Bloody gold mine in your room, if a set of those monsoons go missing, it wasn't me  :ph34r: 
Going single tarbo all at the same time, or is it already single?

*Edit* read back and discovered 207. More skids vids plz

Anyway, torqued to spec is just the manuals way of saying 'we couldn't get it any tighter, see if you can'.

#26 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:45 AM

Wanna sell some of those monsoons?

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#27 DROSS

DROSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:24 PM

Wanna sell some of those monsoons?

Have a few passenger side spares if your only after the one haha. Only have one driver side spare thats snapped off the last third on the lower end. 

#28 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:45 AM

PM me a price bud and we'll tee it up.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#29 DROSS

DROSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:50 PM

Been super slack with updates so here's a whole bunch

-Blue gtb

Pulled the gear box out and swapped in the exedy hd clutch that was in the silver gtb. Putting the gearbox back in on a driveway alone was a  :fork: ed job to do alone. Not something i would ever want to attempt with a 6spd. Took it over dickson pits for rego. Passed everything besides tint on the rear cargo section which was a pain as i know its passed with it on there before with previous owners. Overall was happy it was an easy fix for rego though. It has some gnarly exhaust leaks and dodgy maf that really need attention among other things. Has been a good car for run around acquiring parts for the other one.

-Silver gtb

Pulled the engine down to the block and replaced all the seals and head gaskets. Would of really loved to split the block and gone to town on it but money and time were of issue as always.

The amount of stripped, snapped and destroyed threads on this motor was rather frightening and meant more time was spent with helicoils and taps than i care to mention. seems it was built by monkeys at some point.

20160418_143715.jpg

Also discovered when i pulled the head off that one of the alignment pins on the block didnt get aligned when the head was last fitted. not sure how you can do this but someone managed to. The pin basically bent over on the top and munched into the head a little. Ground the old one out and tapped in a new pin. Didn't get any photos of pin destruction but heres how the head was after if being machined. 

20160424_121224.jpg

Rotated the turbo for shorter piping. It was at this point I was getting really keen to turn the key again.

Go the manifold back on after making up a parallel injector mod with a sard fpr, installing psr intake and getting my coolant tank mount bracket raised as it was having bonnet clearance issues, painted it high temp bleck also. New exedy hd clutch for 5spd explosion and making me go 6spd :sarcastic:

_MG_9349.jpg

Engine mostly ready to be dropped back in. Timing belt was a breeze compared to doing it in car, company 23 bits defiantly helped with this too.

_MG_9342.jpg

fe440 with whiteline bump steer kit and bushes and l&e gc-gd link. In b4 nice rack.

_MG_9359.jpg

rather large power steering cooler that lives behind the fmic

Dropping the engine back in was much easy than i had anticipated. All started up nicely again. Had a serious amount of air in the cooling system which was a process to bleed but got there in the end. Has some over boost issues currently but will be an easy fix. Ran it for a few days with no bov for the full vl experience. Fitted a gfb mach 2 and plumed it back for the sneezes.

35efe94e-d343-49f6-ac5c-c2db4e7421c1.jpg

got it aligned with -1.3 camber on the fronts and 0 toe all round and its feeling great. Next pay will go into some re003 and then a set of bc br coilovers.

_MG_9371.jpg

enjoying this car/10

Just some cosmetic work and will be all go for hvc :)

#30 LPM_B4

LPM_B4

LPM_FOZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:17 PM

Nice so its V7 tuneable ecu?

#31 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:17 AM

Thought that was my engine bay for some reason!

Looks tidy, keen to check it out at hvc

#32 DROSS

DROSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:16 PM

Nice so its V7 tuneable ecu?

Yeah, the tuning part really needs to happen haha

#33 LPM_B4

LPM_B4

LPM_FOZ