92 replies to this topic

#81 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

I did my work a month ago for just $4,400, which included removing the old engine, installing a new one, all new genuine hoses and brand new genuine radiator (labour inclusive). But it was a private job and not in a workshop.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#82 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:17 PM

Completely different task too.

Posted Image

#83 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:41 PM

With all the work he is doing, of course. I thought I'd mention it in case he wanted to simply replace the engine.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#84 Andyjs2

Andyjs2

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:34 AM

What a mission this whole thing is turning out to be, one thing breaks, fix it, something else breaks, rinse & repeat

#85 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:18 AM

So how are the most recent repairs going? Everything in working order?

Unfortunately that's the way I have been as well. I finally get something nice and new installed (hoping that nothing else starts making funny noises, crack or breaks) and low and behold the inevitable occurs.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#86 Andyjs2

Andyjs2

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:11 AM

First, had to take it back because in the process of the rebuild somewhere along the way, there were 2 big dents left in the bonnet, so they organised to fix it during the first service, in the meantime before I took it back, I dropped a cv joint out while putting new ball joints in... without realizing drove off and essentially forked the cv shaft, got alldrive to send a second hand job out to get me back there for the service, sent the wrong one (called up and they said they'd fit the right one when I bring it in for first service), next, front diff dies (probably to do with cv shaft free spinning) so got all that repaired during the bonnet fix and first service at alldrive which took a week (another week without my beloved) ...
Get a call the next week saying the proper cv shaft wasn't installed, organise another drive to sydney with alldrive and jem (alldrive to fit new oxygen sensor which was faulty and the cv shaft that wasn't done the week before, jem to reinstate the CEL from faulty sensor and fix problems with the tune) cue terrible grinding noise coming from rear of car (thought the worst)
Jem calls up day before appointment and cancels due to an event Adam was attending, not happy Jan
Went down to alldrive anyway, fixed cv shaft, installed oxy sensor and established the grinding noise was just an exhaust rattle, did the best to fix it...
And I'm booked in to see JEM finally next week, so the ordeal is still not over yet, let's hope I don't have to go back to sydney any time soon... except for the bbq next weekend, 100% keen for that haha

Mechanically now, the car seems to be good, mainly just tune issues at the moment so hopefully Adam can sort everything out for me when I see him next week

Fingers crossed all goes well
Sorry about the novel haha
Have been out and driven 2015 wrx and sti though... haha, 60k sti would work out cheaper in the long run probably haha

#87 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:05 PM

Looks like you've overcome so many issues then. Stick with it and you will have a very nice car man. Hopefully the tune goes well too.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#88 Andyjs2

Andyjs2

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:23 PM

Fingers crossed everything goes well and I don't have to spend any more money on it haha

#89 bigBADbenny

bigBADbenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Family Photography Cars Bicycling

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:52 PM

Damn that's harsh!
IMHO any my08 gtb has a decent chance of blowing if pushed.
Something to do with: gfc, introduction of the GR/GH and ???

I'm sorry I lost track of this thread or I would have reiterated my multiple cautions I made on the first page. I have a tune FAQ on lib club, referring specifically, I now realise, to your ordeal.

Are you not tempted to give the workshops the flick and DIY the fixes?
Understand if you're too busy with real life as DIY is time and resource intensive.
MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP WAG

#90 Andyjs2

Andyjs2

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:06 PM

Unfortunately I don't have the time or confidence to diy anything other than small semi-easy stuff

Anyway, as it stands now, I've got a brand new ej257 short block, with cosworth pistons and bearings, the heads were reconditioned, new oil pump, water pump, hoses, belts, engine mounts, pitch stop, mishimoto radiator, uhmm, probably more but it escapes my brain, it was retuned by JEM and I'm in the process of hopefully sorting out a few bugs with the tune and reinstating the rear oxygen sensor that was deemed faulty during the tune

unfortunately now I think I'm having some vibration issues with the exhaust system itself, like a buzzing ringing, I'm gonna put up with it for now and maybe keep my eye out for something decent second hand, I don't plan on spending any more big money on this car, just gonna keep it serviced and running reliably until I have a secure job and can afford something a bit newer... '16 levorg maybe ;)

#91 bigBADbenny

bigBADbenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Family Photography Cars Bicycling

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:45 PM

You'll hit your power goals with that combo :)
WOOT!
I'd recommend BtSsm to make logging and virtual gauges convenient.
MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP WAG

#92 Andyjs2

Andyjs2

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:42 AM

I read up a bit on btssm last time you mentioned it, you also said it can work on the factory gps screen? But I couldn't find any info regarding that, please fill me in because that interests me quite a bit

#93 Andyjs2

Andyjs2

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:52 AM

Never mind, found your thread :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users