Photo

Looking at a MY02 B4 Wagon, need some help!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Maverick187

Maverick187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

Yep perfect, thanks for that. Confirms what I read up on. So, based on that info, is the asking price still a fair amount for this model? 

#22 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:38 PM

Do some digging about the potential rear-ender, if that is the case. If it was, ask about when and who repaired it, insurance etc. Just so your protected if something goes amiss later on down the track. Unlikely, but best to know these things.

Somewhere between $7000 to $8000 seems reasonable as the going rate. It's really condition dependent on these guys. It's a tidy example from what we can see. Seems the seller isn't too aware of what they have.

Rev-C is the last revision before the face-lift. E-Tune denotes the higher compression ratio for more economy. The seats also had the upholstery updated for Rev-C. From about late '99, GT-B wagons had the E-Tune moniker attached as a grade above the GT-B. Eventually from about mid 2000 they were all known as GT-B E-Tunes.

The blue interior and silver dash fascia "Sports Option" was available to be optioned earlier than I had thought, so it may well be original to the car.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#23 Robbks

Robbks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:49 PM

For that sort of coin, i'd be looking at a Gen4 GT

Already single turbo, better build quality, etc

#24 Maverick187

Maverick187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:15 PM

Dunno where you have found a decent low K gen 4 for 10k or under? the few ive seen are 200000kms +

As said before, not looking to make a balls to the wall performance car. Will just be a comfortable streeter with some room, and a couple mods for myself.

Thanks Jimbo, appreciate it. Either the guy knows very little, or hes hiding something. Will be able to work that out pretty easily when I speak to him again.

#25 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

Rev C would explain the headlights, as they are certainly A-C ones. And build date of march makes it an MY01 model too. Last of the rev C's. MY02 got the facelift.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#26 Maverick187

Maverick187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:14 PM

Ok cool, so we can say with confidence its a MY01 GTB E tune

#27 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:22 PM

Yes we can!

#28 cowie165

cowie165

Garage 改善

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

itt: massive amount of info helping a brother out

I love this community

"Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure."

BH9 02-05 / BD9 07-14 / BE5 14-> / GGA 18->

2001 Legacy B4-RSK / 1999 ZX-9R C2

#29 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:50 PM

For that sort of coin, i'd be looking at a Gen4 GT

Already single turbo, better build quality, etc

I'll dismiss the "better build quality" statement after owning both. Id have a 10k Gen3 GTB over a 10k Gen4 GT any day also after owning both.

OEM+

#30 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:58 PM

I want this wagon.

Posted Image

#31 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

I'll dismiss the "better build quality" statement after owning both. Id have a 10k Gen3 GTB over a 10k Gen4 GT any day also after owning both.

+1

My wife's GenIII is put together better than my GenIV IMO.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#32 zahmad

zahmad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

+1

My wife's GenIII is put together better than my GenIV IMO.

Interesting to note...

#33 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

I started looking at Subaru's attracted to the Gen4. I couldn't afford one at the time, and never once regretted buying a tidy Gen3 with 160k on it. My car has been very reliable, it currently gets driven daily. This generation has some old school cool about it, the styling is very Japanese and it still holds up ok amongst modern cars. Pinging isn't exclusive to these engines, a lot of cars do it, but the early AUDM B4's were quite bad for this.

With regards to the price, at 145k mine had its timing belt service done. My mechanic is recommending I do the timing belt again because I've had the car 5 years. So with its age, maybe this one has been done sooner. Ask about that and the tailgate, take it for some 0-100 runs, and shift/brake into the VOD to see how well it performs to climb out of it (how quickly it brings the secondary back online). I'd offer about $8k, because its tidy from the photos and quite rare.

As others have said, I've never seen a Rev C with the Blue/Grey interior. I knew JDM models had this interior as an option though. This was the standard interior for the AUDM B4, Rev D-F.

#34 Maverick187

Maverick187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:47 PM

itt: massive amount of info helping a brother out

I love this community

Id like to thank everyone again for all the help, I know it can be frustrating with someone asking as rudimentary questions as I, but Its been monumentally helpful! Going to speak with the owner tonight hopefully, and cover all thats been talked about, if it all goes well ill put an offer in!

And if anyone wants any info on Nissans, just let me know! haha more than happy to return the favour!

#35 Maverick187

Maverick187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:54 PM

Looks like shes a bit of a no-go. Looked over the last service receipt, had the bonnet, guard, radiator and turbos replaced. Something tells me its been in a front ender, (couldve been a nose to tail) This could also explain the rear garnish. Going to call this mechanic tomorrow to get some more info, but at this stage my search shall continue elsewhere!

#36 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:05 PM

If its only cosmetic damage and repairs are up to par, you could use it as a bargaining chip.

OEM+

#37 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:23 PM

As long as it's straight and the repairs have been done properly, bargain hard son!

Beats me why the turbos needed replacing though.... I mean both? Usually if anything dies the primary will conk out before anything else.

#38 Maverick187

Maverick187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

So followed all this up today with the mechanic, long story short but the car is accident free. Mechanic has worked on it for the last 5 years, so vouches for condition. WIthout boring everyone with details, but car comes across as well maintained and looked after. Put in an offer and its been accepted, so looks like ill be one of you guys very shortly!

#39 zahmad

zahmad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

Good to hear!

#40 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

Win! Look forward to seeing your new whip in the traps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users