Photo

Looking at a MY02 B4 Wagon, need some help!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Maverick187

Maverick187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:15 PM

Thanks again for all the help, next thing will be a few basic mods and itll be golden!

#42 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

well done.

#43 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:23 PM

Awesome!

OEM+

#44 cowie165

cowie165

Garage 改善

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:53 PM

Welcome to the madhouse

"Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure."

BH9 02-05 / BD9 07-14 / BE5 14-> / GGA 18->

2001 Legacy B4-RSK / 1999 ZX-9R C2

#45 Maverick187

Maverick187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

Next question for you guys, specifically any owners in Melbourne - First thing on the cards is a full TBE, want it to free up flow, but not after any kind of excessive volume. Gone are the days of running straight pipes! Im assuming the best route is 2.5 dumps, into a 3" collecter, hi flow cat, 3 inch back to the rear muffler? which I'm going to just grab a large oval style, no cannons. Will be going for Mild steel to eliminate drone and keep costs down.

Read a lot of guys changing headers, is this something worthwhile on the TT motor?

Finally, anyone selling a system? haha! following that, any exhaust shops in Melbourne worth recommending?

#46 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

Nothing out of Japan will be mild steel. Even locally made systems most will opt for stainless.

I had stainless headers, too noisy for my liking and not needed unless your chasing 200+kws.

OEM+

#47 Maverick187

Maverick187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:09 PM

Nah not going for big power, good to know theyre not needed. Yep all Japanese systems are stainless, was hoping there might be a local full system offering in MS

#48 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:22 PM

I have always had mine hand made with MS. I guess it depends on what your local has available. I only go with MS cos I like the sound better and it's cheaper. 

Your on the money size wise. 2.5" dumps is plenty big enough. The turbine outlet is the size of a 20c piece.

There's a misconception that one turbo is bigger on the other and people put 3" dumps on but it's overkill and will overspool the turbos to death. The turbos are both identical in size though some have slightly larger exhaust housings. 

I would go 2.5" to where the dumps merger, 200cell cat then 3" the rest of the way. Even with just the pipes and a nice muffler, the TT's aren't overly loud. Pop a resonator in post cat to keep it down.

A quality Japanese muffler is tip top. An STI Genome as Mark has reported is fantastic choice. I had a Fujitsubo which was excellent. Currently have an Apexi Nur Spec which is okay but the rest of mine is stock, for now!

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#49 Maverick187

Maverick187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

Hey Jimbo, PM me if uncomfortable to answer here, but can you give me a rough idea of what you paid to have everything from the rear muffler back made and installed? At this stage ill grab a diff back section from Import monster, and get the rest made from MS. Excluding the cat obviously.

#50 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

I supplied the Fujitsubo muffler to the exhaust shop (Windsor Exhaust, Sydney West [Well out of town for you!] ). This was for my Gen2 GTB Legacy but it's essentially the same for all intents and purposes. They made me up as described in MS, 2.5" dumps, 200cell cat and 3" straight to the muffler for about $800. Kevin Rudd payed for that ;)

I had no resonator and it wasn't super loud. Sounded awesome when both turbos were singing!

I doubt you could find an exhaust shop who could do the same price but it might be worth asking around for a competitive price. 

100_1294.jpg

100_1293.jpg

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#51 Maverick187

Maverick187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

Thanks man, that really helped! I was assuming if I provided muffler itd be up around 700-1000. Will probably drop in to an exhaust shop next week or so and grab a quote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users