45 replies to this topic

#21 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:22 PM

Top stuff. I'll look into it mate. Thanks a lot and sorry for the temporary hijacking of the topic. :P

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#22 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:22 PM

No stress man! 

#23 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:31 AM

So good. Pre-facelift SG is best SG. Perfect seats to go with it too!

By that very evening, after a day of driving, the roof lining was already out as I set about linking the map lights to the main interior light. For those SF and SG owners who are yet to do this, it's such an awesome mod, particularly if you have a moonroof! 

Details/link please? Is this a rewiring whereby the map lights come on with the main interior light? I already have to pull my roof liner out to dye it after my daughter coloured it in with markers, would be great to knock this over at the same time.

Love the ChildhoodSpec™ boot liner  :lol:

#24 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:36 AM

No luck with the light panels guys. Here's a reply from the seller on eBay;

Any panel with warm white 5050 SMD LEDs will be good. 7020 is the next size up from 5050, but might even be too bright. Light projection isn't cumulative, so you'll never match the distance the light throws from 5050s with a smaller LED, even if you have 10 times as many.

#25 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

I thought as much. I have made some orders anyway on the other seller tryangus provided as well as one I found myself too so they should be in soon. Thanks mate.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#26 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:42 PM

So good. Pre-facelift SG is best SG. Perfect seats to go with it too!

Details/link please? Is this a rewiring whereby the map lights come on with the main interior light? I already have to pull my roof liner out to dye it after my daughter coloured it in with markers, would be great to knock this over at the same time.

Love the ChildhoodSpec™ boot liner  :lol:

Cheers man!

RE: Linking map lights:

http://ozfoz.com/for...php?f=29&t=7468

For the SF, there is no need to switch the wires in the plug; just solder your diodes to your switches in the map lights and then run a wire back to the centre prong on the main dome light. 

Such a great mod! The main light is so far back in my car due to the sunroof - you're in darkness up front unless you turn the map light manually. Little bit tedious pulling the roof lining out with the sunroof but if you're removing yours anyways, it would be easy! 

#27 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:21 PM

Replaced the Impreza horn pad with this tasty unit out of an SG STi. 

Since one can't ship an airbag charge, I've used the original Forester as they're interchangeable between all the Subaru "three spoke" steering wheels for SG Forester / GD Impreza.

If only the red-stitch STi wheel could take audio controls!

STi%20Resize%201%20of%201_zpsypwwge27.jp

#28 comport3

comport3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:01 PM

Any power tuning planned?? Can so see this with upgraded pads+rotors/hot pink calipers, a VF35 turbo, 3" TBE, 650cc injectors, wallbro pump and 98RON tune...

& STi foggy covers..

#29 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

Ha! For sure!

With my partner just finishing her masters / entering PhD and myself funding a bit of a business start up on the side, it's only small mods for the moment as funding permits. 

Next things on the agenda will be a spoiler and a brake upgrade (WRX 4-pots as they're a direct fit) as well as exhaust (looking at TCP?) and tune (tossing up e-tune v proper dyno). 

Long term plan will include such terms as VF34, Process West, Liberty GT brakes, Walbro (standard XT shopping list ;) ) etc but it might not be for a while yet. 

#30 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:32 AM

(looking at TCP?)

v. happy with my modified wrx tcp 5 years later. No drone.  I don't know about their forester specific ones, they weren't a thing when I bought mine.

#31 comport3

comport3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:23 PM

Excuse ignorance, what is TCP short for re: exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#32 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

Just a brand name - http://www.tcpauto.com.au/

#33 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:28 PM

v. happy with my modified wrx tcp 5 years later. No drone.  I don't know about their forester specific ones, they weren't a thing when I bought mine.

I think they're just longer and tuck up a little better than the WRX option? 

Looks like there has since been a bit of work done to the tip as it was previously a bit of a pea-shooter :P

The exhaust on my old non-turbo SF5 could set of car alarms so I'm definitely chasing something more subtle.

Here's to hoping they're still made!

#34 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:44 PM

Installed SG STI Type-C wing + interior trim blanking plate.

Install was very straight forward using templates found online. Made up a gasket from double-sided tape and used a dab of sikaflex around the bolt holes to create an extra layer of waterproofing. 

I've been putting it off and putting it off but I finally tried my hand at giving her a hand clay/polish/wax with some ChemGuy's stuff I purchased a while back. 

Still needs some professional attention to get some of the deeper scratches out but overall, happy with how it came out. 

Shiny%20Foz%201%20of%203_zpsewbp6wgk.jpg

Shiny%20Foz%2012%20of%2013_zpsrqgerfv5.j

Shiny%20Foz%202%20of%203_zpsde05izyl.jpg

Shiny%20Foz%203%20of%203_zps8bgjmhay.jpg

Pretty happy with how she's looking at the moment. I think it's time for power mods!

#35 Harry88

Harry88

Soccer Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:43 AM

Do you have a link to that template and the part number for those blanking plates?

#36 motoboy76

motoboy76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Subaru's, Dirt and road bikes......

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:37 AM

very tidy Foz there buddy the wing looks nice....

#37 zahmad

zahmad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:03 PM

Smick!

#38 comport3

comport3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:13 PM

What tyres are you running mate? 215/55R17. ?

#39 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:28 AM

Do you have a link to that template and the part number for those blanking plates?

Sure man!

Brake light delete trim:

94380SA000ND - Light Grey (As pictured)
94380SA000EU - Beige

I purchased mine off bigboyscottyb on here who had a few available on Facebook recently - he may still have some left in grey?

I've attached the template - hopefully they can be downloaded at their scanned size. You'll need to set your printer to print @ 100% and then physically measure the little scale box to make sure it's scaled accurately. It's worth noting that even with the template the holes weren't perfect - I ended up having to slot the two main bolt holes for a little wiggle room. 

It's also worth mentioning these are for the pre-facelift SG and the "Type C" STi wing (and non-brake like wing offered for the USDM - not sure if the bolt holes are the same on the later SG spoilers?)

EDIT: bit more of a write up >> here <<

Attached Files

#40 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:38 AM

What tyres are you running mate? 215/55R17. ?

225/55/R17. Yokohama Geolander G095's (wheels + tyres came off a new Forester S-Edition)

I've had Geolander HT/S G051s previously on my SF and I thought they were a lot better than these all round but to have those fitted costs the same as I paid for the STi wheels + tyres complete! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users