#41 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:44 AM

Needs less stickers and more centre caps.

OEM+

#42 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Technology and Photography

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

Damn she's looking sexy man! This has given me a push to get mine back up to par. Time to get some things sorted next week. ;)

What happened to your centre caps?

Needs less stickers and more centre caps.

When I was painting the wheels I left the centre caps on the floor and my brother stepped on two of them... So for now no centre caps. Not too bothered really, I don't mind the look without them although will look at replacing them at some point. I like the stickers haha, for now anyway before the tint gets done, once that's sorted I'll probs take the side ones off, I like the back though :)

Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -

#43 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:24 PM

That sucks. They'll look heaps better with them on. ;)

I don't mind a sticker or two, but I'm going from having three stickers now to one next wash. It's what makes us all unique at the end of the day though.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#44 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

That sucks. They'll look heaps better with them on. ;)

I don't mind a sticker or two, but I'm going from having three stickers now to one next wash. It's what makes us all unique at the end of the day though.

True man, they have started to wear off for me. Like I said they will most likely come off with the tint. Looking back of shots of the car with the centre caps it does look better.

Been waiting for ages to see a update on your car. Saw a picture of it with Enkei's looks so damn mint.

#45 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:46 PM

I've been writing an update for a while but I never get a chance to sit down and concentrate on making the post. No promises, but keep an eye out some time this week. I've got my SpecB rims currently on the car as I had one of the Enkei's scratched by a tow truck driver and he has since paid for the repairs.

Your car has influenced me into spending some dollars on mine. Going to make a PartSouq order on pay day this week as well as getting a few other bits and pieces fixed up. I've had way too many minor things ignored and it's annoying me every time I think about it.

Gotta get my tint on as well. God damn I've neglected that for way too long...

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#46 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:49 PM

February 2016: The last two days have been interesting to say the least. Finally got my fuel pump installed yesterday by a mechanic because I thought this is something I would rather not do myself even though I have done more complex things before as the last thing I would like is for the car to lean out while driving hard because I did not install it properly. My brother picked the car up last night and said that on the way home, under even light throttle the car was chugging and not accelerating, This got me very worried. Anyway I waited until I got home from work before starting to panic. My brother always bullshits me so I would see for myself. The car started fine and drove ok out the driveway but eventually, yep, it started chugging. Basically the car was loosing fuel pressure.

I drove the car back the next morning to the mechanic and he said he had no idea why it would have been doing it. Spoke to Matt (KiDo) and he said it definitely was not installed properly. So the car was booked in for sometime the week after to be looked at, I need the car every day and with the Cuore still not having rego that was not an option. So I thought I could not make it worse to hell lets have a go.

Back seat removed and cover off.

IMG_1627.jpg

Separated the pump and filter from the main assembly. This is a shit job, not so much hard but very finicky, everything is small and plastic also god the smell of fuel is strong, E85 up close has a very much strong vodka smell.

IMG_1628.jpg

Here is one of the culprits, basically no seal so no fuel pressure.

IMG_1629.jpg

In the case of this pump for the Gen IV it needs the plastic spacer from original pump and two O rings as seen below. The mechanic only used a single O ring with no spacer, another reason there was no fuel pressure.

IMG_1630.jpg

After that everything went back together and all is good now. I really should have done it myself in the beginning but the car needed to go in anyway for a new tyre and pink slip. He was just going to take off the labour for the job so no complaints. In all fairness he does not do any sort of modifications so I am not angry just glad it is sorted now. It has been so hard driving the car under 3,000 rpm. Two full tanks of E85 needed to be ran through on the old setup to clean the lines out, for those two tanks the car can be driven hard. After that it must be kept under 3,000 rpm as the filter is likely clogged with the shit from the petrol once the lines are cleaned. Then when the new pump is installed you also chuck in a new filter and sock. Doing this before the E85 would mean that you would have to do it again anyway.

#47 motoboy76

motoboy76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Subaru's, Dirt and road bikes......

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:29 PM

Glad you got it sorted Apple...

Be good to hear the sound clips thats for sure......

#48 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:11 AM

Sounds like a pain in the butt job but you've sorted it. It's amazing how something so small can cause such a large issue.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#49 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:58 PM

Had some time to get a quick video of the car with my proper mic setup, it was hard as I couldn't adjust the gain because a mate was filming, decent for now though. Also it was hard to find a good place to give it a bit.

#50 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:30 AM

Sounding good man! I gotta get my hands on some headers...

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#51 church

church

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:51 AM

I have to drive it....

#52 motoboy76

motoboy76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Subaru's, Dirt and road bikes......

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:53 AM

Yep sounds good......

#53 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:22 PM

April 2016: The car has been running amazing. Pulls hard everywhere and so happy with the sound overall. I do plan on swapping the tips over to either quad tips or if I can find them some STI GENOME mufflers as I heard they sound pretty though!

I attended the Mighty Car Mods Nationals and raced the car. I was running high 15's before E85 and managed to get a 15.1 which I was a bit disappointed about considering what other people have gotten with the same setup, my MPH was strong at 98MPH, but my launches need a little improvement to help bring that should bring my 60ft right down and see me hitting mid to low 14s.

We recently had a Shire Subaru meet which was fun, not from the Shire but anyway. There was probably around 50 cars but just got photos of my crowd.

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

I picked up a turbo bonnet that I got cheap just to see how I feel about it. I have got a mate that's going to fix it up and paint it and then I will see how I feel about it. I know lots of people hate the turbo bonnet on the H6 or any N/A car for that matter, and yeah I kinda get it. Either way if I sell it I'll make a good profit so if it does go it will be replaced with a outback bonnet. I just really love the scoop. 

IMG_1741.jpg

One thing that has been paining me for a while is the wing on the car was seriously sun damaged and crack a bit.

IMG_2029.png

I have had chat to Ben from Ichiban and they have a Gen 4 half cut coming in, unfortunately not a Spec B otherwise I would sweep the bumper and side skirts quick smart, but at least I will be able to grab another wing, rear garnish and headlights, maybe a couple other things but we'll see what happens.

I already had some primer and clear coat sitting around at home from another job so grabbed some colour and so the painting began.

Sanded

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Primed

Full_Size_Render_3.jpg

Colour

Full_Size_Render_4.jpg

Cleared, turned out ok needed a bit of a buff but after looked half decent.

IMG_1916.jpg

It was a quick job on a Saturday, knowing it was going to be replaced anyway I was not too fused but I am happy with how it came out.

Also found a nice new spot local to me for shots

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

I managed to score a mint set of rear FL tail lights off a mate for a bargain. Im really happy with them and they really update the look of the car.

Out with the old, and in with the new

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

Current plans for the car is just to really clean it up. Im happy with the power for now. I really just to replace the front.

Im going to focus on getting the interior as immaculate as possible. I really taken a licking to the idea of OEM+. So that's going to kinda be what I'd like to do going forward.

Lastly today finished a bit crap after this happened. I have no idea how it managed to hold air.

IMG_2027.jpg

#54 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:44 AM

Nice update mate!

First things first, I know I have mentioned it before but every time I see your car I picture mine! Atlantic Blue rocks. STi Genome mufflers would be awesome but they're pretty rare. I'd love to get my hands on some too. I was under the impression that a turbo bonnet would be the way to go but they're pretty **** factor to be honest on an N/A. An Outback bonnet looks awesome and the difference in detail sets it off. I'm on the lookout for one as well.

The rest of your updates are great mate. Definitely a fan of Mark's OEM+ habits too which I've been highly influenced by. I spent $1,700 today on a few bits and pieces (which reminds me, I really need to get my update written up!) so now all I have to think about are minor fixes.

What tyres are you planning on getting? Looks like your wheel alignment was way out of wack.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#55 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:08 PM

I've actually recently gotten 3 tyres and that was the only one I didn't replace, been holding off to see what wheels pop up, I'm considering going for some Subaru CS9's. I'd love a set of Work Meisters though. Once I get some new wheels I'll grab some RE003's

#56 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:36 PM

You only replaced 3 tyres on an AWD Subaru? 

OEM+

#57 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:10 PM

You only replaced 3 tyres on an AWD Subaru? 

Fronts were changed together, at a separate time one of the rears had a flat so that one was changed as at the time that one seemed in good health and had decent tread.

#58 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:03 PM

It's good practice to get all done at the same time. If you run different brands with the exact same size then you can get away with it temporarily.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#59 Bumpty

Bumpty

My wob dreams are now wet dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts
  • Interests:Drinking wine with wob by the legacy side

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:35 PM

Why Liberty?

#60 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:37 PM

Because it involves free will as contrasted with determinism.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users