←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

James' Gen 4 3.0R-B Wagon

Adam's Photo Adam 07 Dec 2016

Haha those clips are the devil

Toby Perry's Photo Toby Perry 07 Dec 2016

Love where you're going with this mate. New bar looks the goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liberty's Photo Liberty 07 Dec 2016

As above, headed in the right direction mate. Keep it up!

El_Freddo's Photo El_Freddo 07 Dec 2016

I've just met these clips on my sister's Gen3 - I didn't think they were that bad!  Some had fine sand behind them and they still came free.

The ones I hate are the plastic phillips head screws with that little push in prong piece.  Those things are real bastards to remove, especially once the screwdriver mount is chewed out - which is pretty much guaranteed once you want to remove it in the first place :(

AG - you've got some sweet mods in the pipe work!  How hard is it for the paint shop to colour match the new bar to the rest of the car?

Cheers

Bennie

applegeek897's Photo applegeek897 08 Dec 2016

Thanks guys,

Here's a quick sneak peak. Will crack the proper camera out wants it's had a proper clean. I'm also going to re apply the eyelids as the first time could've been better.

IMG_0499.jpg

I've just met these clips on my sister's Gen3 - I didn't think they were that bad!  Some had fine sand behind them and they still came free.

The ones I hate are the plastic phillips head screws with that little push in prong piece.  Those things are real bastards to remove, especially once the screwdriver mount is chewed out - which is pretty much guaranteed once you want to remove it in the first place :(

AG - you've got some sweet mods in the pipe work!  How hard is it for the paint shop to colour match the new bar to the rest of the car?

Cheers

Bennie

The painter did an incredible job matching the stuff, it's all perfect.

Liberty's Photo Liberty 08 Dec 2016

Yeap, real nice.

Did you ever have issues with the top of the bumper not clipping in properly literally between the wheel arch and the headlight by any chance? What started with one side has now eventuated into both sides not clicking into place properly (at least not for long before popping themselves out) and I was just curious how you went about fixing it.

applegeek897's Photo applegeek897 09 Dec 2016

Yeap, real nice.

Did you ever have issues with the top of the bumper not clipping in properly literally between the wheel arch and the headlight by any chance? What started with one side has now eventuated into both sides not clicking into place properly (at least not for long before popping themselves out) and I was just curious how you went about fixing it.

Yeah kinda, certainly when the old bumper was on, but because of the hit the car took it screwed a bunch of things, it's better now with the new bumper but as you may be able to see still sits a touch low and doesn't match with the bonnet. When I but some LED headlight bulbs I will basically remove the whole front of the car and rejig everything to get a better fit. Hopefully replace all zip ties with bolts or pushclips.

Liberty's Photo Liberty 10 Dec 2016

Ah right OK. That's the way I'll be doing it as well. Life expectancy on those pushclips doesn't seem to be long at all.

applegeek897's Photo applegeek897 12 Dec 2016

Gave the cars a quick clean and went for some photos

1_DX26224_HDR_2.jpg

1_DX26254.jpg

1_DX26257.jpg

1_DX26260.jpg

Also makes for a great iPhone wallpaper :) 

image1.png

Just waiting on some 3M double sided tape before I can throw the eyelids back on.

Liberty's Photo Liberty 12 Dec 2016

Clean, clean, clean. She looks a million bucks in the pics mate!

El_Freddo's Photo El_Freddo 13 Dec 2016

Very neat pics!

Cheers

Bennie

zahmad's Photo zahmad 13 Dec 2016

Looks the goods!

applegeek897's Photo applegeek897 18 Dec 2016

Clean, clean, clean. She looks a million bucks in the pics mate!

Very neat pics!

Cheers

Bennie

Looks the goods!

Cheers guys!

Today was the Shire Subaru "Show Us What You Got!" Dyno day at Elite Autohaus. While I knew the car wouldn't make the claimed 180KW ATW that keeps being thrown around on these, I was very interested to see how it goes.

1_DX26479_HDR.jpg

1_DX26460.jpg

Here is the video of the cars three pulls:

First run | 144.6 KW / 193.4 HP

image.jpg

Second run | 147.6 KW / 197.9 HP

image.jpg

Third run | 148.6 KW / 199.3 HP

image.jpg

So yes fairly far off that 180KW but I'm still happy with where it is, A tune actually on the dyno should happen soon and then we can actually see how much we can get out of it, will also likely add a Raptor CAI while I'm there too, just waiting for Matt to finish Flex Fuel compatibly.

Interestingly enough there was a FL H6 which has basically the exact same things done, exhaust is the same except the other car has a extra, very small resonator in it and a bigger fuel pump. His numbers were quite a lot lower.

1_DX26432.jpg

image.jpg

Interestingly the discrepancy seems to be in the fuel. The car was running quite lean, so much so the dyno operator didn't want to do a third run. Mine was also running a touch rich which could also be robbing me some power. Below is the difference, Purple is me, green is the other car.

IMG_0606.jpg

Overall it was a cool day with a bunch of really interesting cars.

1_DX26418.jpg

1_DX26423_HDR.jpg

1_DX26426_HDR.jpg

1_DX26473_HDR.jpg

I also managed to snag this awesome detail pack from CarCareProducts.com.au in the raffle.

1_DX26486.jpg

1_DX26487.jpg

Liberty's Photo Liberty 18 Dec 2016

Epic day you had man, and those numbers aren't bad at all. Surely they'd be a lot closer to the 180 KW mark brand new anyway.

JDM as KA11JU number plates on that other Liberty, haha. :P

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 19 Dec 2016

Nice pics.

180kw is the claimed flywheel power of a stock car not at the wheels.

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 19 Dec 2016

The other one is running a AFR about 13.6:1 so no wonder the operator shut it down.

If you are wondering why your numbers went up after each run, it's because the oil in the drive-train is warming up, reducing its viscosity and therefore sucks less power.

applegeek897's Photo applegeek897 19 Dec 2016

Nice pics.

180kw is the claimed flywheel power of a stock car not at the wheels.

I know, 180KW ATW is the claimed power from the tuner for the Headers, exhaust and E85 tune. A number I knew was a bit high.

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 19 Dec 2016

I know, 180KW ATW is the claimed power from the tuner for the Headers, exhaust and E85 tune. I number I knew was a bit high.

Ah, OK. 

Niko's Photo Niko 19 Dec 2016

Car Care Products have a shopfront in Five Dock. Well worth a visit.

applegeek897's Photo applegeek897 19 Dec 2016

Car Care Products have a shopfront in Five Dock. Well worth a visit.

Oh good to know thanks, the owner is a really nice guy!