56 replies to this topic

#21 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:59 PM

I got my scarles piping a couple of days ago. Seems like pretty good quality to me, for the price anyway. Might be fitting it this Sunday, see how it goes, i'll get plenty of pics while were doing it.
If it's broke use a cable tie.

#22 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:59 PM

Are you going to try and keep the foggies when fitting it? If so, I'd love to know how you go. I want the kit but i'll wait and see how you go first haha.

#23 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

Why arnt you guys happy with the TMIC, is it really that bad? It seems like a lot of effort, custom work and extra weight for not that much gain...

#24 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

Why arnt you guys happy with the TMIC, is it really that bad? It seems like a lot of effort, custom work and extra weight for not that much gain...

Short answer.......... YES

Just Married

#25 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:34 PM

Long answer yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess ;)

Stuff goes here

#26 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:15 AM

Are you going to try and keep the foggies when fitting it?
If so, I'd love to know how you go.
I want the kit but i'll wait and see how you go first haha.

I'll see if it can be changed at all, if i have to lose them i'll fill the holes with some decent 100w driving lights, at least
then they'll be usefull.

Well think of it this way, the TMIC is supposed to cool the air, but it's not that effective when it heats up sitting on top of a motor and
2 turbos. The FMIC is away from all that heat so therefore much more effective.

But there is also the cool sound that comes out of a FMIC. :rolleyes:

#27 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:18 AM

You have a point but there are other mods you can do with more power increase without going to all the trouble of molestering your front bar and having to move your overflow bottle haha

#28 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

You have a point but there are other mods you can do with more power increase without going to all the trouble of molestering your front bar and having to move your overflow bottle haha

A FMIC/Larger TMIC is probably the second best engine mod for the B4, after a decent tune.

Hawks, I'm interested to see how you go. Do you have a CAI?

#29 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

I had a CAI in the guard.................but since my mate turbo'd his skyrine, i moved mine into the engine bay........cos it makes more noise :D It will definetly be sheilded, it would kill the engine if it was there in summer.

#30 mattbg5

mattbg5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

Anyone have suggestions on places/sites which sell intercoolers? I'm after a 600x250 or smaller core. I've checked PWR, JustJap and a few others but can't source one with a similar dimension.

www.driftbitz.com have a decent range of diff sized intercoolers

#31 kr0nic

kr0nic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:20 PM

Biggest thing iv found since switching to FMIC is theres no loss of power after a hard driving session, back with the top mount if i went for a run against my mates for 10-15 minutes the car would start to lose ALOT of power when heatsoak started kicking in, now i can drive the car hard for as long as i like without suffering any power loss.
Silver B4 , Front Mount , 3" Full exhaust , Pod Filter , Boosted ....

#32 B4Cruiser

B4Cruiser

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

my FMIC is in and can concur with kronic. Theory of additional lag etc due to the FMIC i have yet to experience. Drives harder with a retune. Altho my main reason for going FMIC wasn't to gain massive power increase but to reduce detonation. Just need to work around the piping and get my CAI back in.

#33 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

Yeah same here, with the standard tune there is not a heap more power, put there is no power drop from heat soak. My main reason for doing it was to reduce detonation during summer. And hopefully get rid of it in stop start traffic when it around 25 degrees. I'm also hoping it will improve drivability on warmer days.

#34 tinhow

tinhow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:36 PM

You guys should be getting some more power out of the FMIC kit. Doesnt sound like y'all got retuned yet. You should be able to get 3 degrees more in timing.

#35 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

Na mines not tuned, of course you can always give me a donation of $1k towards it ;)

#36 B4Cruiser

B4Cruiser

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

You guys should be getting some more power out of the FMIC kit. Doesnt sound like y'all got retuned yet. You should be able to get 3 degrees more in timing.

I did get more power and up to 5 degrees of timing. Just saying that power wasn't my only goal to going FMIC.

#37 kr0nic

kr0nic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:20 PM

I would say i definitely have a bit more power with the FMIC according to my butt dyno. And a very sexy sound of the turbos spooling there ass off at high rpm :) Tax check came today so ill be arranging a ECUTEK Custom tune ASAP :D ............... if it turns out to be a waste of $1700 i will kamikaze the car into MRT headquarters!!!
Silver B4 , Front Mount , 3" Full exhaust , Pod Filter , Boosted ....

#38 tinhow

tinhow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:40 AM

I did get more power and up to 5 degrees of timing. Just saying that power wasn't my only goal to going FMIC.

Nice! How much horsepower would you say you got out of the FMIC? The car supposed to sound sweet.

#39 B4Cruiser

B4Cruiser

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

Nice! How much horsepower would you say you got out of the FMIC? The car supposed to sound sweet.

Dunno mate. Don't have dyno sheet with me. But car definately drives better with the retune. My prev tune was shyte. As for sound, it had a massive flutter when the bov was off, but now i've got the std bov back on and has the usual whistle.

#40 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

Hey B4cruiser, post up some pics of your setup. And update your avatar :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users