• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TTB4

TTB4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:20 AM

Hi I'm new to this forum I've had my 2001 B4 for a month now, I love it drives so nice but yesterday my check engine light came on and car started running sick, I drove it straight home slowly.
This morning it's driving great but I know something's wrong, does anyone know what I should look at or if there is anyone good in Cairns north QLD that could look at it ?

#2 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

Hi and welcome.

I recommend you get the ECU scanned. Supercheap auto do it cheap.

That will immediately pin point the issue that is causing your intermittent CEL.

Unfortunately it could be one of many things as the TT system is quite complex and performance relies heavily on all components of the system working in harmony.

A lot of problems are a result of vacuum leaks so in the mean time, grab yourself a large flat blade screwdriver and check how tight the hose clamps are on your intercooler. There are six in total... Throttle body, primary inlet hose & secondary inlet hose.

There are also 2 other hose clamps that may need nipping up, on the air intake pipe which connects to the front of each of the turbos.

Seeing you noticed a large performance drop it's more probable you have a failing sensor.

If that's the case, save yourself future Hassle by replacing the parts with an OEM quality sensor. The cheap knock off's will let you down.

You should be checking your IC clamps and pipes monthly as part of your servicing regime. If any clamps continuously become loose, replace them.

There are ways to check for codes yourself which are listed in the electrical section, but I've found that method unreliable in the past and have been on many wild goose chases because of it.

Good luck.

#3 motoboy76

motoboy76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Subaru's, Dirt and road bikes......

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

Yeah Hi and welcome buddy...

Listen to Kong buddy he is the resident B4 guru...... ;)

#4 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:11 PM

Hahaha.

Nah, there's plenty of blokes here who will be able to help.

You're in a good place.

#5 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

Also, make sure to stop by the "Your Guide To Twin Turbo" thread, it's mecca for TT unholiness.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#6 patttyfox

patttyfox

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:38 PM

Convert to singe..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 TTB4

TTB4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:25 AM

Thanks everyone for the help, I've found the mechanic that's worked on this car and he's going to look at it for me, I'll post what it is. Today I'm going to check everything and tight it all.

Thanks everyone

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Check engine light

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users