#21 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:Hairstyles

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

That is a massive intro. Biggest by far. I think there is an intro war on. Oh and nice Gen2, just needs more wagon :)

Posted Image

#22 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:46 AM

So i have done some things since i started my thread.. and not all of them are positive...
First a cliff and now a Ruined front bar from my first accident.. but we wont go into that here i want to keep this a nice positve thread that reminds me oh how my car looks nice and clean and working fine :P

So i forgot to put photo's of my projectors when i did them..
Posted Image
Posted Image
This one looks mean i think Posted Image

At one stage i contemplated getting these Posted Image
but it has kinda worn off now, i want something more personalised to ME not so much the car.. but i am going to keep with the white on orange scheme.. think on my white car its will look good.

so more recently i got a new Performance Lukey Air filter.. Unlike the K&N ones there is no oiling required (so safer for AFM) and it is supposed to last like 100,000kms to clean if all you need to do is wash it in some warm clean water and dry it or spray it out with the compressor (i kept the old filter so i can let it dry and still be able to drive)
i was supprised to see just how dirty it got since december (and also how the air flows over the filter S)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I have definantly noticed a bit of gain, the car revs alot more freely!, like i can hear it suck when im accelerating and give it some boot in 3rd especially.
the only downfall is with the hood up you can definantly hear the humming that a pod makes coming from the airbox.. but with the hood down you cant hear it unlike with a pod.

Things to come are..
19mm Front sway (thanks to Cruisin) ;)
20-21mm Rear sway ( if im going to buy it i might as well go all the way lol)
A Diff and Box oil change
Front Strut brace
294mm Brakes from B4 or XT Foz
Hub Painting Matt black or silver (not sure yet)
Callipers painted..( this one im not sure about.. i contemplated Orange. i know i know rice :P but Red is just so common, Silver looks well too stock and Black wont match i think but again i still have some time to think about this)
HID's for my Projectors, low beam only and only 4300k or 5000k max, i dont actually want blue headlights, the reason i want HID is for better night driving.
New floor mats ( got a mate who does overlocking so i am getting mine copied exactly and even getting LIBERTY embossed in them again.)
Finish My Dash light conversion to Red/Orange (i have done the Ciggy light ring in red and started on the switches making them glow red with orange indication globes. and as for the climate control.. i am getting a broken one to see what can be done as far as changing the color goes.)

EDIT:
Oh i almost forgot...
Long term i will be Throwing some Boost into the lib, i still like the idea of going to a TT setup from the a BD/BG but if a STI v3/4 comes along when im looking at just the right price when im looking i may swing that way. but i really prefer to keep it BD/BG specific.

so yeah thats about for now, oh i got my rear fog light switch fixed so now when those pricks tailgate me i just hit the foglights and DAYMN they freak and hit the brakes lol
I know everyone else just wires em up as brake lights but i like having them as a seperate switch, also they are so bright they act as booster reverse lights lol
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#23 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:20 AM

Looks like a nice list Ty. I like that you've wired up the rear fogs as, well, fogs! I might look into doing that myelf, given that the bulbs and wiring are in place... just need to trace where it runs to! Now, give us more pictures of your avatar!

#24 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

Looking good Ty, but its been a much too eventful month for your car - take care!!

New floor mats ( got a mate who does overlocking so i am getting mine copied exactly and even getting LIBERTY embossed in them again.)

Although not the most interesting topic, I'd be very interested in seeing how that goes. I still have the stock floor mats but they're a little worn out and the "LIBERTY" isn't very visible.

Otherwise, all's looking well for your car. Hopefully the next month isn't as eventful as the last for it....

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#25 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

Try blasting your mats with the high pressure hose at a car wash. It's amazing how much cleaner they look after you've done this!

#26 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

Just to clarify, the swaybar is a front one Ty. ;)

OEM+

#27 Guest_aurelius_*

Guest_aurelius_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:11 PM

:P

#28 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

Still all good. uni Mark Reply to sms you pov lol

#29 Guest_aurelius_*

Guest_aurelius_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

I'm like out of credit lol. I have to use this free sms shit.

#30 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

SO in news this week... my front bar REO is repairable (its actually hardly damaged only the foglight section is a bit bent) I am going to be ordering a brand spanking new Front bar cover for $202.50 plus $25 postage from Sydney Get that sprayed soon after it arrives. (its preped and primed so should be quite cheap to get sprayed) oh and i just found out (i sorta suspected all along though) my car has King lows on it. 10 months i been driving it around and well yeah it is actually lowered lol All new inner guards are going in today both right and left (the left was damaged in accident and the right was torn off in a recent rally "incident" (when i found out i have King Lows) lol so things are looking up, a week or 2 and i will have everything repaired and looking nice and clean again oh my projector is also fixed now (where the bracket attaches to the housing of the headlight it has cracked a bit allowing condensation in.) so i shot down to Bunnings and got some Araldite and also some super uber 3M double sided tape to fix my mudgaurd that has been loose for 9 months lol I have recently been looking at HID's also and am trying to decide between 4300k and 5000k, 6000k is a bit too blue for my liking and have less light output. Found a brilliant place for the ballast's also (in the bracket above the fog light inside the front bar) no water should get there with the new bar cover and its STEALTH! noway would you ever know its there unless the cover is removed.. so with under 6000K HIDs, projectors and hidden ballasts the plod will have no reason to think twice... And it keeps my engine bay clean and as unclutterd as a Suby can be :P

#31 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:09 PM

SO in news this week...
my front bar REO is repairable (its actually hardly damaged only the foglight section is a bit bent)
I am going to be ordering a brand spanking new Front bar cover for $202.50 plus $25 postage from Sydney
Get that sprayed soon after it arrives. (its preped and primed so should be quite cheap to get sprayed)

Thats good to hear. Yeah I must say I was surprised you wanted/needed a new reo after such a low speed incident. Anyway, the main thing is your car will be restored to undamaged condition.

I have recently been looking at HID's also and am trying to decide between 4300k and 5000k, 6000k is a bit too blue for my liking and have less light output.

I've bucked the trend and gone through 2-sets of 4300K now and love 'em. Excuse me for being a bit boring - but at 4300K, the light output is at its maximum. Anything drastically higher and you start to lose light output, as you mentioned.

Whenever I jump into a car with 6000K, I do genuinely notice the difference. They don't light up as much and the only reason I'd buy a set is for looks. But 4300K looks fine IMO. Looks OEM and of course, its really good illumination.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#32 MiniWalks

MiniWalks

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:45 AM

Ty, If i ever get off my ass and do the brakes on the B4, you can have the factory ones :) - Currently just Slotted Rotors and good pads :) *edit* probably gonna go 4pot STi (non-brembo) on the front, dunno if ill change rears, lemme know if that messes up your plans :P but that has to wait for me to get new rims *curses BBS 17"* *end edit*

#33 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

bit of an update, Thursday arvo i finally got my other clear side indicator so i shot down to Supercheap and bought some paint... FUG ME THERE ARE TOO MANY WHITES!

anyway gave them a spray on Friday and in all honesty i didn't prep them as well as i could have, was in a hurry as it was getting dark
Masked it up with electrical tape, washed it down with soapy water, hung it out back and gave them 3 coats.. turned out to be a perfect match in color :D

anyway back to what we read these threads for.. PICS

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

i like :D now i got clears all the way around ;)

Also i changed the color of all globes in the climate control unit now, orange dash lighting is all but 2 steps away, the ring around the ciggy needs to be changed and the backlight in the fog lgiht and demister buttons

#34 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

clears look good, now you just need to re-spray the passenger side door so it match's the rest of the car :P

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#35 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

turbo conversion pictures aren't loading.

#36 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

Wheree u get ur clear indicators from? Im hanging out for some! They look sweet!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#37 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

looks good ty! damn all you guys getting in on the clear side indicators. though i was the only one sporting those ;) oh and the turbo conversion pics aren't working for me either?!?

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#38 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

Ash... the door thing is not so important right now, its not damaged so meh, will get it done when i have the turb bonnet done also. Morgan, i got mine from trademe.co.nz both of them. i bought my first set for $20 :D then i cracked one :dash2: then while looking at some random auction one day i saw a front quarter that had one in it.. a PM later and some help from a guy on clubsub and SL-i.net and i had the replacement for $30 lol There was a dirty set advertised on ozlib for $25 but you can get em fairly easily, just gotta keep an eye out on trademe at the quarter panels that are for sale. then just ask them if they will split it.

#39 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

H sweet. Ill keep my eyes out:) EDIT: whats with having to credit ur trademe account before being able to email anyone/buy anything?!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#40 fatdon

fatdon

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:cars, music, cars, snow, cars, wake cars, and goodtimes. mainly goodtimes in cars.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

"Ash... the door thing is not so important right now, its not damaged so meh, will get it done when i have the turb bonnet done also." ----dont worry ty just keep your door for now rip ur guards off and send em to me i will in turn send you mine (aust post of course) which are the same colour as your door no one will need to know this saves yiou the trouble of painting the door and i get a have a matching bonet and guards again +set of clear indictors as a bonus for being a nice guy. i may also have a spare turbo bonet in primer hanging around but im not sure im willing to part with if you may be interested in swapping the sunroof/complete roof section - should just fit nicely on the wagon bit of race tape should hold it to the roof racks tehn i will just cut a section out of my roof and all sweet - factory sunroof. :dash2: very nice intro. i like the top to bottom effort no details were left out in the comedown on the couch and the stolen $50 telstar made it over 2000klms without getting pulled over! awesome. good stuff diyn it all lets ssee your convo mate!!!!!! isnt working in the suby wreckers cheating>>?">lucky u>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>trademe.co.nz ssshhhhhhhhhhhh lets pretend you didnt mention that. ok its out there now. 7/10 - na :drinks: Attached File  DSC00554.JPG   89.29KB   12 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users