47 replies to this topic

#21 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:46 PM

Paul we've only got 50 members for christ's sake. This is a surefire way to alienate any potential new forum members.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#22 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

Perhaps use Tangcla's idea now, and shift the layout later?

I highly doubt the need to make any restrictions to the for sale forum. I mean, have a look how many threads we have going in there - a big whopping nine threads.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon EOS 5D Mark | Canon 1D Mark III
16-35mm f/2.8L |24-70mm f/2.8L
85mm f/1.2L | 100mm f/2.8 macro | 580EX-II | 430EX-II x2 | PocketWizard TT1/TT5

#23 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

Paul we've only got 50 members for christ's sake. This is a surefire way to alienate any potential new forum members.

Naughty Frank!

62!!!I bet 99% have a Liberty too.

#24 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

Haha, Frank its called Brain storming... ;) Tang - Yeah mate, at the moment there is no need. It was something Pete and I discussed last night. Just as something that may be worthwhile in the future.
TSM

#25 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

legacy power!
MY02 Liberty B4

#26 Pete S

Pete S

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

well not genuine posts, just normal ones.

i dont know.. it seams this forum already has a path it has to go and people's inputs dont mean shit

The site has been online for 2-3 weeks, no development was done at all prior to this. I hope that's not what everybody is thinking, but all input is being considered. It's all new to us, so it may take a bit of time before we have a well set out, 100% polished forum.

#27 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

Good on you Pete. You and the other admin guy's keep going. Too much info coming at you ATM.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#28 twinturbosubaru

twinturbosubaru

Trusted Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

Yes Pete has a point here, we need to monitor suggestions and evaluate whether they are good for the majority, so whilst we don't mind, and in fact encourage suggestions on the site, they won't all be implemented, let's be honest here. A good example is the suggestion to have categories for the different cars, as you will all no doubt know by now, this forum is for Subaru Enthusiasts, which means exactly that. Not Liberty owners, or Impreza owners, all Subaru owners are welcome, however, if we make a forum category for each car model and model variation, man we will have forums coming out of our butts ! For now, we will be considering making a general forum for each model to try and keep things separated a bit to make it easier for people with certain cars to be able to converse with people with the same cars, and if you want to cross talk, go for it. So please keep with the suggestions, just don't cry if they don't get implemented :-) And tell your friends. BTW, there will never be any paid advertising here, this forum is being provided for free, financed by a few dedicated individuals who actually give a damn and want people to be able to discuss their passion (for cars...) openly and objectively, hence you will see minimal moderation and maximum benefit for all. Just don't be one of the few who ruin it for the majority, because that would be a downright shame. Enjoy ! Regards Paul
GEN4 Black Liberty 3.0R Spec B Wagon
GEN1 Red Mica RS Liberty - Stock factory original

Love is a Legacy, Liberty, etc......

#29 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:27 PM

And that effort is greatly appreciated, by myself and im sure the rest of these guys agree. thanks again Paul, and all involved :D when i get some spare moneys will do what i can to help out :)
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#30 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

BTW, there will never be any paid advertising here, this forum is being provided for free, financed by a few dedicated individuals who actually give a damn and want people to be able to discuss their passion (for cars...) openly and objectively, hence you will see minimal moderation and maximum benefit for all.

Thanks for being free. I'm Asian, we Asians love free sh1t.

Tell you what... you bring your charming good looks and I'll bring the cheap goodies I sell along the way, like rice parkers, $190 slim HID kits (with lifetime warranty!) and the likes. :D

#31 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:37 PM

Thanks for being free. I'm Asian, we Asians love free sh1t.

ROFL.

work in retail long enough you'll know some things worse :P
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#32 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

ROFL.

work in retail long enough you'll know some things worse :P

What, like some of them bringing back a 50c item for a refund?

I used to work in retail too... spill the beans :P

#33 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

dont mean to offend anyone, but indians are by FAR the worst customers EVER>

#34 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

Off Topic: I work in retail at the moment and don't see how one customer is any worse than another customer. Indian customers are there as a consumer just like every other customer and if they are unhappy with there purchase they have the right to ask for a refund wheather it be a 50c item or a $5,000 item. Creating the stereotype views in the workplace will only hinder growth in the business and create mixed emotions with not only employees but customers as well as it will be obvious to them by the body language displayed that they are "unwanted customers" On Topic: I think the need for an intro thread for every new member is essential to reduce spamming. I don't think restricting there access after their intro threads is a very effective idea. This will be seen as too defensive on the forums part and they may see this as over moderating which is the exact opposite of what we are trying to achieve

Just Married

#35 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

Off Topic: I work in retail at the moment and don't see how one customer is any worse than another customer. Indian customers are there as a consumer just like every other customer and if they are unhappy with there purchase they have the right to ask for a refund wheather it be a 50c item or a $5,000 item.

has nothing to do with refunds, its the fact that they never listen and always ALWAYS ask for best price 10 times even after refusing many times before.

#36 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

its the fact that they never listen and always ALWAYS ask 10 times even after refusing many times before.

Sounds like a Telstra salesperson/customer assistant :lol:

Just Married

#37 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

lol.

#38 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:16 AM

Guys, A practical and easily implemented solution to forcing users to have some involvement is to have new users sent to a group which will allow them to post in the introductions thread ONLY. I can set this to promote them to the regular users group at X number of posts, which at the moment I am thinking 2 may be a good idea. I've considered 5, but that's a little too much I think especially in just the introductions thread. Dylan

#39 tangcla

tangcla

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:34 AM

Having them pass the 'test' of posting in introduction threads doesn't stop them from turning rogue after they graduate... but then again, not much could change that anyway...

#40 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

Having them pass the 'test' of posting in introduction threads doesn't stop them from turning rogue after they graduate... but then again, not much could change that anyway...

and thus god giveth the mighty boot of GTFO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users