Random reward for members??

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:34 PM

F*cken bang on Jovi.
That's exactly the attitude the forums need. People need to explore things and tinker and find out the results. Instead of taking a bunch of hearsay (Disregarding valid sources) and making a decision based upon it.

Were the forum comes into its own, is when people can run idea's by others to insure their idea/thought pattern is correct and if it's not, what is in fact the correct way to go about it.
When you have a bunch of morons congregating in one place, you end up with moronic idea's and information.

I say save the special wanker titles for those that earn them, by doing more than simply joining up first.
No good being #10 and never posting or contributing. Quality > quantity.

I've seen some forums (havent got an example off-hand) where users can give other users ratings and it shows up every time they post, sort of like a reputation scale decided by other members.

Just an idea?

I couldnt agree with you guys more....

#42 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

A rep based point system is the best way to encourage positive participation in my honest opinion. Something that administration of the "other site" (Hai alex!!) never seemed to realise, is just because you have 50 members posting at one time, doesn't mean what they're posting is good or helpful. Post counts are all good for a laugh. But they don't give new members an idea of who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't. Which is another problem encounter elsewhere. You have situations were member "X" asks a question. Member "Q" is a 3month newbie with no idea but has managed 300 worthless posts of utter drivel. (Hai Blaeven) Member "F" is an esteemed member with years of knowledge and experience, but doesn't post every thread they can find and general only chimes in when the situation calls for it. Member "F" has 360 posts. Member "P" is a stupid n00b who knows diddly sh!t and thinks his fully sik br0's from down at AutoOne know it all. And decides to argue with member "F" about something he knows little about. Member "X" is confused and doesn't know who to believe. Member "F" gets the sh!ts and leaves the forum, taking with him the wealth of information and experience. Member "P" spawns with another stupid n00b and together they take over the world! This is a all too common occurrence. One which i think a lot of you recognise. I think designing a user contributed reputation system is the most efficient way of discerning those that do, and those that don't. In the same note it will give those that don't something to aspire to. That's my 2c anyway. Yes, with Soop you always get your monies worth. (I love you long time sailor boi ;))
TSM

#43 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:39 PM

A rep based point system is the best way to encourage positive participation in my honest opinion.
Something that administration of the "other site" (Hai alex!!) never seemed to realise, is just because you have 50 members posting at one time, doesn't mean what they're posting is good or helpful.

Post counts are all good for a laugh. But they don't give new members an idea of who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't.
Which is another problem encounter elsewhere.
You have situations were member "X" asks a question.
Member "Q" is a 3month newbie with no idea but has managed 300 worthless posts of utter drivel. (Hai Blaeven)
Member "F" is an esteemed member with years of knowledge and experience, but doesn't post every thread they can find and general only chimes in when the situation calls for it. Member "F" has 360 posts.
Member "P" is a stupid n00b who knows diddly sh!t and thinks his fully sik br0's from down at AutoOne know it all. And decides to argue with member "F" about something he knows little about.
Member "X" is confused and doesn't know who to believe.
Member "F" gets the sh!ts and leaves the forum, taking with him the wealth of information and experience.
Member "P" spawns with another stupid n00b and together they take over the world!

This is a all too common occurrence. One which i think a lot of you recognise.
I think designing a user contributed reputation system is the most efficient way of discerning those that do, and those that don't. In the same note it will give those that don't something to aspire to.

That's my 2c anyway. Yes, with Soop you always get your monies worth. (I love you long time sailor boi ;))

Talking from expiriance huh SOOP....Ozliberty.com 4000+ posts????

#44 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:45 AM

4000+ posts! damn! Ok I kno it's prob not my place 2 say cos I'm not exactly apart of what u guys had on the Ozlib thread but I like the way Soop's thinkin. I feel abit weird being a "foundation member" when I kno shit all about cars and haven't had much input apart from joining up + being friends with a few of u. ...Btw.. can I have a gold star for being the 1st girl? (No - Dylan duznt count) :lol: Are titles really worth all this thought ??? :blink: Signed, Member Q
Posted Image

#45 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

In reality, the titles are worth three fifths of a bees d**k, which is not much at all let me tell you. The "foundation member" title shouldn't mean you know everything to know about cars, it doesn't imply that you know anything, it's just there to say that you were one of the first members to join the community and help it grow to what it is today. In saying this, its still about as useful as a remote with no batteries.

Just Married

#46 L1BER8ED

L1BER8ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:02 AM

its just going to turn into a pissing competition soon enough, to see who can ***** the most and get the most posts up....
he who laughs last .. thinks slowest....

TEAM BLUE OVAL

Posted Image[Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#47 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:25 AM

its just going to turn into a pissing competition soon enough, to see who can ***** the most and get the most posts up....

*looks at Mr. L1BER8ED who's currently posting like a mad man and yells go team K&K!!!!* :drinks: hahaha
Posted Image

#48 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:40 AM

Dont you mean a battle for 2nd place?

*waves* haii soop!

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#49 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:14 AM

soop is a *****.
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#50 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

Im still waiting for my "random" reward.................

OEM+

#51 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:cars with boost, cars that need no boost, etc..

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:52 AM

remove the group and member number fields and be done with it... hai soup!!
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#52 L1BER8ED

L1BER8ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

its discriminative to those who dont *****... lol
he who laughs last .. thinks slowest....

TEAM BLUE OVAL

Posted Image[Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users