• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sweezyboi

Sweezyboi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:13 PM

Hey all, i've got a bit of a different one (i think), i have an NA 2004 Blobeye impreza with SOHC, wanted to know if the DOHC heads would be compatible with the block i have? what kind of process would i need to go through to have this work? or would it just be a straight swap?

ALSO

Is it possible to put the intake manifold from a WRX or a WRX/STI from the same model onto my NA engine? (i have a full exhaust system from the headers to muffler and will be doing an intake soon too, and wanted to know if i could slap one of those red beauties on there)

Thanks in advance!

#2 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:01 PM

Ok, I’m not sure where you’re going with this but:

All EJ heads are interchangeable. It depends on what you’re trying to achieve with what you’ll use. What are the DOHC heads from that you’re looking at using? WRX?

Now, the WRX intake will only bolt onto the turbo DOHC heads as far as I know. I do know they will not bolt onto the SOHC heads. If you really want a red intake manifold, paint the one you have!

The exhaust, better off modelling a set of extractors from the WRX unit as the NA doesn’t need that much thickness in the exhaust manifold like the turbo does.

If you’re going to use that turbo manifold with a turbo, you’ll need an engine crossmember that has the notch for the uppipe. With all that, you’re a block and factory engine management from a WRX conversion that’ll be way more reliable than a high compression turbo setup. You coukd swap the pistons to the reduced compression turbo units with new rings as the bottom ends are basically the same. Then it’s “just” the factory turbo wiring to complete the conversion.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#3 Ruksdogg

Ruksdogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:21 PM

Hi all am wondering f i cn use thiz boost solanoid on ma 99legacy gtb TT

#4 Ruksdogg

Ruksdogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:28 PM

Hi all is it possible t use a boost solanoid from a single turb on a TT GTB???

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NA, Subaru, Impreza, Engine, Questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users