• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:cars with boost, cars that need no boost, etc..

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

Not if you pay someone to 'fix' something and they 'fug' it instead mate.. if it was surely the afm then maybe let 'em learn the hard way, but since we don't know whats doing it's best not to mess with it.. But, yesh, I see your point.. ;)
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#22 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

Boost, I'm fairly sure it had this issue prior to the service.
TSM

#23 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:cars with boost, cars that need no boost, etc..

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

But who would return a car to a customer with issues and not quote repair?
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#24 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

Obviously not a reputable mechanic.
TSM

#25 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:30 AM

Obviously not a reputable mechanic.

HAHAHA yeah exactly. Mine will ring me if he finds something wrong and tell me about it, why it may have happened, whats involved in fixing it, cost of parts and if i could tackle it myself or a quote for the labour. Then its up to me to decide what to do. Little things like blown globes and fuses, shit like that, he just goes ahead and does them. He's tops :D

Just Married

#26 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:53 PM

i'm pretty sure i said:

BLAH....

that is, afterall, the point of a forum...

unless you're here for the shits and giggles brendan...

Posted Image

#27 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

*sigh* Jesus Christ. Tristan, your attitude on here has been perceived by most to be somewhat coarse and inappropriate at times. Your new, your about this big ---> [--] in the scheme of things. I realise that you didn't realise this, but ignorance isn't an excuse in the eyes of the law, and nor is it here. My suggestion is, you settle down a bit. Take the the flak on the chin and don't give it back (Not yet anyway.) Don't make so many ill informed posts. Go do some research, and ask questions. When you ask questions don't dispute the answer, or retort with a smart arse remark, no matter how off canter you mean it to be. After you've done these things, then try and think of some ways to contribute to the forum. Do that, and fly under the radar for a bit and you'll be fine. EDIT: ROFL Chris, probably not the most informative post how ever.
TSM

#28 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:01 PM

i'm sorry... i never mean to offend anyone...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#29 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

How would you react, to someone at work, who is a total newbie giving you grief? They way that you question people who try to help you is aggravating. Just as you did in that last post. I give you advice on how to remedy the situation, when people do that you need to say, "Okay, thanks." and mean it. Not be a sarcastic little shit about it. (Not that you were then, or that i took it that way.) What i mean about taking the flak is, its a hazing. It will happen in every aspect of life. ESPECIALLY if you go into the motor trades. Seriously mate, if your keen on it grow about 6" more skin. You'll need it. But by biting and giving a stupid retort, your only going to dig your hole deeper. Edit: Nice edit there Blaeven....
TSM

#30 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:25 PM

KeyBoARd wARRioRS !!!!oneoneone.
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#31 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

Im not here for "shits and giggles" as you put it, Im just here to guide you away from being the half whit you come across as being. e.g look at all the above posts, it's not just me. So in fixing this, 1 simple rule. READ your post before you submit it, thats all it takes dude. Once you read it back to yourself you will then realise that it might not sound right, and you re-word it. Smilies / Emoticon's don't mean shit. If your post makes you sound like a f**k whit, then no amount of ;) are going to save you. ...

#32 twinturbosubaru

twinturbosubaru

Trusted Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

Thanks guys, I think the most sensible thing to do here is exactly as has been said, read your posts before you hit the button, make sure that it's not something that somebody is going to take offence to. Remember we are all here for a good time, to learn and share, don't bugger it up for everybody by being silly. And no, I'm not referring to anybody in particular, this is a general comment. Big Bad Paul
GEN4 Black Liberty 3.0R Spec B Wagon
GEN1 Red Mica RS Liberty - Stock factory original

Love is a Legacy, Liberty, etc......

#33 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:02 AM

Edit:
Nice edit there Blaeven....

learning my lesson...

i read through all my old posts with a different perspective and i really do sound like a douche...
i'm sorry guys...
i don't mean to question every answer someone gave me, it's just that, when other people have given conflicting advice, i'm just double checking that you're telling me that advice was wrong...

there is, however, no excuse...

i want you all to know that i'm not the person i have come across as being in my posts...

thanks for all the help and advice guys...
i'll be sure to read my posts before posting...

T

2mmwi1w.jpg

#34 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:17 AM

No Drama's. Take it easy. Admins may wanna remove the crapfest, so this thread can be what its supposed to be.
TSM

#35 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:43 AM

This thread has been pruned from the original thread, and I thought it had some valuable info. Too good to throw out. So it has been trimmed to suit. Apologies to those whose posts got deleted. Just merely a tidy up! :)

#36 jak4cars

jak4cars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

you think 420km is pathetic?? I WOULD LOVE TO GET TO 400KAYS!!!! and i've done everything too plugs filters afm clean brand new oxygen sensor although when i reverse i can still smell the exaust and it smells rich wonder what it is maybe i should just drive on straight roads for longer??

#37 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:23 PM

^^^What model is your car? Seems that there is a recurring theme going on with a few different cars, so we should start looking for a common problem. Tristan, have you had any luck in fixing yours? You should be able to get over 400k's easily. As an example I filled mine up this morning as soon as the fuel light came on, it took 57 litres and I had travelled 580k's, all city driving.

#38 jak4cars

jak4cars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

^^^What model is your car?

Seems that there is a recurring theme going on with a few different cars, so we should start looking for a common problem.

Tristan, have you had any luck in fixing yours?

You should be able to get over 400k's easily. As an example I filled mine up this morning as soon as the fuel light came on, it took 57 litres and I had travelled 580k's, all city driving.

that's excellent. mines a ej22 gen 2 and its completly stock. i was thinking i should try change the cts? but as the engine warms up the rpm does drop down and yeh it would be great if all our not so great fuel economy was all cause of 1 component.

#39 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:26 PM

Keep in mind that mine is a GenIII, therefore has better economy. I'm also fastidious about maintenance on the car, with regular servicing and diagnosis from Subaru Docklands. In other words, it's always running at it's optimum. When was the last time you had a major service and where do you get it serviced? If you can smell that it's running rich, ther may be a fault with your AFM or O2 sensor or both. An injector clean might also help. Is it an Auto or a Manual? Auto's will always suffer worse economy than a manual...

#40 jak4cars

jak4cars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

but your motor is a 2.5 so that shouldn't keep us that far apart from acheving similar figures but i'm not sure.. i do servicing and everything myself. i did everything already. like i said in my other post i've done spark plugs, all filters, cleaned the afm and also timing belt, pullies, waterpump, thermostat and seals which doesn't really have much to do with fuel economy. i did all this about 1000km ago and the oxygen sensor 2000km ago. btw i usually get 300-350km per tank although i do frequent stop starting on the weekends which might be affecting my economy and during that time i put (my guess) 100kg for a few hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users