Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:52 AM

Just get dump pipes, higher gains then any of your options

#22 tinhow

tinhow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:54 AM

The only mods you did so far are 3" exhaust, ecutek tune,fuel pump and your getting 178kw atw? Thats amazing seems unreal, you must be running 98 octane. But here's a list of stuff you can do to get more power: ECV Port FMIC 2.5 Dumps Port/Polish Throttle Body (knife edge) Lightweight Crank Pulley Exhaust Manifold (Good luck finding this) Apexi Pod Filter and Samco Afta MAF Hose (76mm) Samco Turbo hoses Was gonna do these mods to my B$ but my plans have been delayed.

#23 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:58 AM

The only mods you did so far are 3" exhaust, ecutek tune,fuel pump and your getting 178kw atw? Thats amazing seems unreal, you must be running 98 octane. But here's a list of stuff you can do to get more power:

ECV Port
FMIC
2.5 Dumps
Port/Polish Throttle Body (knife edge)
Lightweight Crank Pulley
Exhaust Manifold (Good luck finding this)
Apexi Pod Filter and Samco Afta MAF Hose (76mm)
TD04-15G/16T on VF33 back housing
Samco Turbo hoses

Was gonna do these mods to my B4 but my plans have been delayed.

Yep of course i'm running 98 :lol:

What mods would give the best "bang for buck"

#24 tinhow

tinhow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

Yep of course i'm running 98 :lol:

What mods would give the best "bang for buck"

I would say the dump pipes but you would need a retune.

#25 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

SINGLE TARBO. game over.

#26 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:33 PM

Need more power asap, i'm scared Alex's boongspec wagon is gonna chop me :flag_of_truce:

btw i want a S401 scoop :P

unless you take it to the drag strip your both scared little women

Seems like no one has any real ideas??

All i could think of is a new cooler, which would be better for the engine but wouldn't gain much more power

cooler will give you more power. bigger core = ability to pass air through quicker. cooler inlet temps = more power

SINGLE TARBO.

game over.

he is right. he saw the light (finally) and i guarantee any B4 owner here if they converted to single turbo and realised how much better it is would agree!

MY07 GT spec B

#27 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:47 PM

unless you take it to the drag strip your both scared little women

runs. and i'll chop you. guaranteed.

cooler will give you more power. bigger core = ability to pass air through quicker. cooler inlet temps = more power

FAIL.

You're still limited to the bolt on intake pipes that attach to the core. They're the same size. So therefore, flow DOES NOT INCREASE.

he is right. he saw the light (finally) and i guarantee any B4 owner here if they converted to single turbo and realised how much better it is would agree!

If you're going to convert to single, may as well do it properly first time.
GARRETT.

#28 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

runs. and i'll chop you. guaranteed.

FAIL.

You're still limited to the bolt on intake pipes that attach to the core. They're the same size. So therefore, flow DOES NOT INCREASE.

If you're going to convert to single, may as well do it properly first time.
GARRETT.

LOL @ you thinking your car will beat mine. you have never been to the strip your too scared!

buy a garret and have to rebuild it and spend shitloads? or buy a reliable PROVEN turbo the first time. i know what i did...

MY07 GT spec B

#29 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

LOL @ you thinking your car will beat mine. you have never been to the strip your too scared!

buy a garret and have to rebuild it and spend shitloads? or buy a reliable PROVEN turbo the first time. i know what i did...

cheap china bush bearing turbos aren't proven. It's just that the owners can't fully justify going with primitive second rate parts. Usually chatty parts are justified with price...

#30 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

whoever told you dumps wont make a difference can go beat themself in the head with a cinder block. If you want more power over the range you cannot go wrong with a set of dumps. I got myself 2.5 dumps of each turbo to a 3" merge all the way to the muffler and i gained a stack of mid to top end. I used to get ~10psi on Primary and about ~14psi on Sequential. Im now getting 15psi on Primary and ~20psi on Sequential. It made a huge difference and i highly recommend it, your wasting time with anything else. Once i get myself a FMIC and a few other bits and pieces, i think ill be getting pretty close to the 200atw mark in the GT-B.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#31 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:28 PM

whoever told you dumps wont make a difference can go beat themself in the head with a cinder block.

If you want more power over the range you cannot go wrong with a set of dumps.
I got myself 2.5 dumps of each turbo to a 3" merge all the way to the muffler and i gained a stack of mid to top end.
I used to get ~10psi on Primary and about ~14psi on Sequential. Im now getting 15psi on Primary and ~20psi on Sequential.

It made a huge difference and i highly recommend it, your wasting time with anything else.

Once i get myself a FMIC and a few other bits and pieces, i think ill be getting pretty close to the 200atw mark in the GT-B.

200kw?

bring it.

#32 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

200kw?

bring it.

I'll chop your sillycar.....

In my mums focus :P

#33 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:18 PM

I'll chop your sillycar.....

In my mums focus :P

bring it.

#34 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:22 PM

cheap china bush bearing turbos aren't proven. It's just that the owners can't fully justify going with primitive second rate parts. Usually chatty parts are justified with price...

lets see some results you seem like all talk at the moment? lets get some E/T's and numbers down...

MY07 GT spec B

#35 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:30 PM

and you seem like all excuses for skimping out. ("...but it was cheap") let's see some... errr.... results. and longevity. hai Petar :)

#36 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

and you seem like all excuses for skimping out.

("...but it was cheap")

let's see some...

errr....

results.

and longevity.

hai Petar :)

referring to peters 19psi on a stock motor with redline raised from 6500 to 7300 with him bouncing off it for 3 weeks till it blew up? oh wonder why that happened :flag_of_truce: :flag_of_truce:

sorry i go for bang for buck mods, but i've spent $2500 on my rex and it is weilding around 200 RELIABLE awkw. heaven forbid someone mod a car and not spend a fuckload to get a good result.

excuses? least i'm game enough to run it at the strip and on the dyno! get out there no good having a car all prettied and modded up if your not going to use it how its intended and been modded to!

MY07 GT spec B

#37 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

referring to peters 19psi on a stock motor with redline raised from 6500 to 7300 with him bouncing off it for 3 weeks till it blew up? oh wonder why that happened :flag_of_truce: :flag_of_truce:

sorry i go for bang for buck mods, but i've spent $2500 on my rex and it is weilding around 200 RELIABLE awkw. heaven forbid someone mod a car and not spend a fuckload to get a good result.

excuses? least i'm game enough to run it at the strip and on the dyno! get out there no good having a car all prettied and modded up if your not going to use it how its intended and been modded to!

200kw?

out of a 2.5L?

that's like running 140kw from a 2.0L. You justify $2.5K for mediocre gains?

Surely one would expect more than 200kw out of a 2.5L. I mean, they don't rev out like a 2.0L. You'd want to hope that with the additional stroke and lack of top end revs, you get a little more power out of it?

And I don't care what you say. Needle roller bearing turbo will always outperform over a bush bearing turbo in terms of efficiency, and gains from low, mid and top end power.

I would have thought that you'd want to help the asthmatic 2.5L along. Not impede on it.

Shove your cost effectiveness up where it belongs.

Where the sun doesn't shine.

You want to be a tight ass pensioner? Buy a Hyundai Accent. Diesel.

#38 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:08 PM

200kw?

bring it.

its on like donkey kong :)

hai Arex :)

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#39 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:37 AM

Hyundai Accent. Diesel.

I wants!

#40 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:18 PM

200kw?

out of a 2.5L?

that's like running 140kw from a 2.0L. You justify $2.5K for mediocre gains?

Surely one would expect more than 200kw out of a 2.5L. I mean, they don't rev out like a 2.0L. You'd want to hope that with the additional stroke and lack of top end revs, you get a little more power out of it?

And I don't care what you say. Needle roller bearing turbo will always outperform over a bush bearing turbo in terms of efficiency, and gains from low, mid and top end power.

I would have thought that you'd want to help the asthmatic 2.5L along. Not impede on it.

Shove your cost effectiveness up where it belongs.

Where the sun doesn't shine.

You want to be a tight ass pensioner? Buy a Hyundai Accent. Diesel.

wow. you really dont know what your talking about.

wtf 140kw from a 2.0? i dont need more than 200 awkw. good luck making that @ 16psi on a 2.0 and having the torque and driveability that mine has. show me $2500 on a standard 2.0 to get a reliable 200 awkw including a tune.

not everybody has zillions of dollars to throw at a car. me buying a late model wrx meaning i'm a tight arse pensioner. LOL. come to the strip where we will see real results.

MY07 GT spec B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users