• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

I used that stuff for 3 days and cooked the oil.
$30 a litre for syntrax is too much though, I filled my box and diff for about $60 from memory.

Yeh thats wat I thought... I even asked the guy if that was right and he said thats the price for fully synthetic...

Where can I get that Fuchs oil from?

I looked up there website and found nothing there... Also I did a look up for wat type of oil it recommended 2 use the
semi-synthetic oil...

What Fuchs oil to use

Fuchs oil

#62 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

Try http://www.burson.com.au/index.htm if there's one nearby, they have a pretty good range of oils.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#63 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

if your really stuck i can get it for you down here in wollongong. i can get it under $50 or so.

MY07 GT spec B

#64 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:04 AM

I looked on the bursons website they dont stock fuchs... Which one do I get though? Fully synthetic or semi synthetic? I spoke to my uncle(retired mecanic) yday and he said I could use ATF Dexron 3 as its a fully synthetic hydraulic oil. Hes come across a few wrxs with red tranny oil (ATF) before and they havent had any probs... They put ATF in manual commadores and fords

#65 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:14 AM

im running the Nulon fully synth and i noticed a big change in smoothness, but then i dont know when my old fluid was last changed.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#66 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:37 PM

Ok I went to Bursons at Liverpool on Saturday to get some Fuchs tranny oil, they had nothing in stock except 20L drums...

They had Castrol Syntrax but wanted $33/L which was the most expensive out of all the shops ive been too.

I left and went to Repco Liverpool and they had Penrite Sin 75 for $55 for 2.5L Penrite Sin 75 Ive gone to Supercheap, Autobarn, Repco and Bursons, this was the cheapest high quality fully synthetic ive come across... I dont know where you guys see this fully synthetic tranny oil for less than that...

Anyways gearshifts are smoother and quieter but changing into 4th gear is still crunchy after the car warms up...

Will Nulon G70 help the problem or u think my syncro is gone?

#67 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

Anyways gearshifts are smoother and quieter but changing into 4th gear is still crunchy after the car warms up...

Will Nulon G70 help the problem or u think my syncro is gone?

Most likely yes to both.
G70 will help mask the problem, but ultimately the issue is still there, just less obvious.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users