• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#141 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

I got ~30k kms out of my dunlops with a 280 rating. Looking forward to seeing how long my current 140-rated federal RS-Rs last :P

#142 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Well I only got 20k out of the kuhmos but I think i killed them when the mrs wanted to go to a winery http://www.snowywine.com/ when were down at the snow...

I had to drive about 20-25km from Berridale on this stuff as the causeway at dalgety was under water...Posted Image

Posted Image

#143 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

rang a few more places Bridgestone Select Campsie was the cheapest $265ea x 3 = $795/4 = $198.75 bargin

Will be fitted to the CS9s on Saturday

#144 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

I need new hoops.

Has the original Conti SC2's (45000km's!) on it and they've nearly had it. Going to rotate the rears onto the fronts to get my moneys worth out of the Contis and put the new hoops on the back, with the intention of using them for fronts when the last of the Conti's run out.

I dont have a huge budget, $150-$200 max a tyre is what i can afford. I need something good in the wet cos FWD skids and torque steer can be sphincter squeezing at the worst of times in heavy rain. I have read good reviews about Achilles ATR Sport Tyres but im not convinced. Consensus says KU36's are the go. I had Dunlop Direzza DZ101's on the GT back in the day and i liked them but they wore out too fast. Also had Yoko C-Drive's on the Legacy which i thought were good too, they survived a few trackdays to.

I will have the intention of getting the 5'er onto the track at some point too. Not every weekend but the occasional punt.

Any ideas?

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#145 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

I have seen too many Pirelli's suffer from tread seperation or other forms of carcass failure.

ha... hahahha

Stuff goes here

#146 RK2770

RK2770

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

Toyo
Proxes R1R

Bridgestone
Potenza RE-11

Dunlop
Direzza ZII

???

#147 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

R1R's are a track spec tyre, semi slick. Road legal apparantly, but being an extremely soft tyre, why would you spend 4-500 per corner unless they were dedicated track tyres? That and being a semi slick, they will be downright dangerous in the wet.

Not sure on the others, Pretty sure the Direzza's are in the same boat as the Toyo's though.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#148 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Alrighty, ima bumping this one up as i'm getting some new tyres fitted tomorrow.

Decided to change from my usuals of Bridgestone, Goodyear and Dunlop.

Have opted for some Hancook Ventus H452's.

Only getting 2 put on just to replace the 2 old Dunlops, so shall see how they go.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#149 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

I need new hoops.

Has the original Conti SC2's (45000km's!) on it and they've nearly had it. Going to rotate the rears onto the fronts to get my moneys worth out of the Contis and put the new hoops on the back, with the intention of using them for fronts when the last of the Conti's run out.

I dont have a huge budget, $150-$200 max a tyre is what i can afford. I need something good in the wet cos FWD skids and torque steer can be sphincter squeezing at the worst of times in heavy rain. I have read good reviews about Achilles ATR Sport Tyres but im not convinced. Consensus says KU36's are the go. I had Dunlop Direzza DZ101's on the GT back in the day and i liked them but they wore out too fast. Also had Yoko C-Drive's on the Legacy which i thought were good too, they survived a few trackdays to.

I will have the intention of getting the 5'er onto the track at some point too. Not every weekend but the occasional punt.

Any ideas?

Too late for your party, but here's my 2c.

I had C-drives time-before last, and punted on Achilles this time (about a year or so ago). These on an Outback, 215/60 16. So not anything too sporty in the suspension dept.

I reckon the C-drives were better, especially in the wet - where they were very predictable. Conversely, I found they felt pretty soft in the dry (but they stuck).

I find the Achilles sport pretty good for the money (50% less than C-drives when I went shopping).

#150 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

I'm now rolling on advan sport v105s. Pretty nice tyre, retail is around ~$350 a corner (I have 225/40/18) but luckily I got four for the price of three. So far haven't had a chance to really drive on them in anger but they grip pretty well around roundabouts and whatnot. Dry grip is not quite as good as my previous RS-Rs (which is to be expected) but tyre wear should be heaps better and they seem great in the wet. 

So far my impressions point to pretty predictable handling when it comes to the edge of traction as well. I would say about on par with RE050a, but I haven't driven on any other real UHP tyres.

Looking forward to a set of tyres that lasts more than 25k kms.   :sarcastic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users