Looking tidy! Need moar low ;) hehehe

#42 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

Wheres the cheapest place to get H&R's then?

Cheers Tom, Love your STI, can't wait to get my own :D not too long now

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#43 hamish_023

hamish_023

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

Mate pretty sure there's a 2nd hand set of HR's for bugeye on rexnet.
Koji headlights are a must!

My brother has a RS bug, they sit like a 4WD so jump on them.
Adelaide's finest Automotive Detailing
www.elitefinish.com.au
www.facebook.com/elitefinish

#44 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:28 PM

New picture of the same old thing, i'd like to lower it, but i love wakeboarding. Wish it had the air suspension like the gen1 sometimes...
Posted Image

#45 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:53 PM

New wheels B) Look funny and stand out, and thats the point, also work really well on the track.
Posted Image

tight fit but they all fit in

Posted Image

Possible suspension upgrades in the form of coilovers and sway bars.

Which could then be swaped into a bug WRX STI if that occurs.

#46 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:00 AM

Got the headers on just this morning, they definatly are tinny, i've been told once they get a carbon build up it should go away, or i could heat wrap them.

I know this late reply but Ive had mine on for nearly 2 yrs and they are still tinny... I was thinking of heat wrappin them but cbf... Have to take them of wrap them n then requires 24hrs for it 2 set...

#47 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:59 AM

I know this late reply but Ive had mine on for nearly 2 yrs and they are still tinny... I was thinking of heat wrappin them but cbf... Have to take them of wrap them n then requires 24hrs for it 2 set...

I've seen cases where it's just the type of header, casing point ej20t had eBay headers put on, sounded tinny as shite, and carbon build up added to the shite sounds, had them replaced with pricier item, sounded dead sexy.

Jus Sayin'

KnoWatIMeen....

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#48 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:09 PM

Since changing lights and dash parts are getting common thought i might jump on the train aswell, red is the 'thing' too so now i have a little red light that flashes on and off at certain times :)

Posted Image

But the real reason i went to Andy and Aek's cubby house today was for a genuine Prodrive STI front bar :) will be getting painted asap.

#49 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

Since changing lights and dash parts are getting common thought i might jump on the train aswell, red is the 'thing' too so now i have a little red light that flashes on and off at certain times :)

But the real reason i went to Andy and Aek's cubby house today was for a genuine Prodrive STI front bar :) will be getting painted asap.

Oh man, you're not going to be one of those guys with an RS who makes it look like a WRX/STi are you?

Cos I thought you were cool.

#50 Guest_Jesse_*

Guest_Jesse_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

He's getting a Bug eye Sti soon I believe...just getting all parts that will swap over..

#51 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

He's getting a Bug eye Sti soon I believe...just getting all parts that will swap over..

Thank f**k for that.

PROCEED.

#52 Bruce

Bruce

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

Funny how similar our cars are Mark. I am also hopefully getting a wrx/sti by the end of the year.

Should of sold you my Work Emotion wheels. My car has swaybars/strut braces can test it out if you want next time at Wakefield

#53 Jordan

Jordan

Jordyshore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

I want Your Car.

Jordan - MY02 Forester GT - Sydney

#54 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

Nope Oscar only bought it for the shift light really. It was so cheap to, even cheaper then buying an aftermarket shiftlight from autobarn. Surprised it was a direct fit and everything seems to work, even the STI lights up pink at night. The Prodrive bar won't be getting STI stickers on it until it goes on the STI.

Cheers Bruce, but i'll be right. Pretty sure I'll need different sway bars on the STI. So probably not worth upgrading mine, and I didn't notice a difference with my whiteline strut brace. But I only bought that cause it was cheap too. I seem to get all the margins :)

Thanks Jordan. Buy the car in a couple of months if you want ;)

#55 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

I want Your Car.

What did I tell you Jordan, keep dealing them drugs and you'll have a nice car in no time.

Good to hear about the bargain cluster Mark, was just making sure you weren't an up-badger. Some idiots don't realise STi badges don't add kW's.

#56 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

Yeah, alot of nice STI upgrades that can be done to subarus though, so sometimes it's hard not to end up with an STI logo. By the looks of things I've got another STI item that I'll hopefully be fitting this week before Wakefield :) another 'bargain'

#57 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:18 AM

Went to install a 2.7 STI quick rack, that was kindly donated to me by matt, left over from his version 8 STI conversion. before i did I thought I'd check my steering now and see how many turns from lock to lock it is... Works out to be 2.7. So I didn't even bother trying to out it in.

From the last track day I got a pretty good idea for a 3 point harness. Talked to a mate works at autobarn who found me an ADR approved one, bloody cheap too. Installation was/is Piss easy.

Posted Image

Just a D shackle from the brackets in the parcel shelf for baby seats Posted Image

Left side to rear seat bolt

Posted Image

Right side to right

Posted Image

I just remove the D shackle and pull the belts through the seat, then over the top of the seat and tuck them under the seat so no one knows it's there when I'm driving on the road.

I'll also put the factory seat belt on over the top, so I don't see why I should have any dramas with the 3 point.

#58 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

Nice harness.

You do realise that a baby seat mounting bolt is a single 5/16UNC grade 5 bolt?
I wouldnt trust basically a single 8mm dia bolt to restrain my upper body in a crash.

Those baby seat mounts are only designed to prevent a baby seat from tilting forward, the main force is absorbed by the seatbelt.

Also, the seat mount bolts appear to be M8x1.25 where a seatbelt bolt is closer to 12mm diamater, far greater strength.

And, the right side mount is horizontal rather than vertical so the force pulling on the plate will cause it to bend. They are designed for tensile strength.

If I were a scrutineer and I saw this, I'd ream you a new one.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#59 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

Went to install a 2.7 STI quick rack, that was kindly donated to me by matt, left over from his version 8 STI conversion. before i did I thought I'd check my steering now and see how many turns from lock to lock it is... Works out to be 2.7. So I didn't even bother trying to out it in.

From the last track day I got a pretty good idea for a 3 point harness. Talked to a mate works at autobarn who found me an ADR approved one, bloody cheap too. Installation was/is Piss easy.

Just a D shackle from the brackets in the parcel shelf for baby seats
Posted Image

Right side to right

Posted Image

I just remove the D shackle and pull the belts through the seat, then over the top of the seat and tuck them under the seat so no one knows it's there when I'm driving on the road.

I'll also put the factory seat belt on over the top, so I don't see why I should have any dramas with the 3 point.

As Jason stated where uve used that D shackle isnt the best idea and neither is where you put the right side...

I would suggest putting them both where the actually factory seat belts mount as this is what my brother did in his proton and scrutineering were fine with that...

#60 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the info jase and Chris, I looked at using the right hand seat belt but it seemed a bit more work to do as the seat probably needs to come out. But now I worked out to tuck the belt under the seat when I'm not using it I won't have that problem.

As for the D shackle I'll remove my parcel shelf and see what I can find, what if I run a rear strut brace and drill and bolt into that?

Like I said though I do have my normal factory seatbelt on aswell. Which is why I thought it would be okay. So in a crash I'd be relieing on that for protection, not the harness.

If I can install the harness better though I'd like to.

Thanks again for your advice :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users