Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

Hi,

Your floormats are cool.

Cheers,
Nik

Hi Nik,

I have the same floormats...

but they're black...

and it doesn't say "Outback H6" on them.

#43 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

And if you were to upgrade you would upgrade to the AUDM B4 brushed aluminium look trimmings, that stuff shits all over the JDM model.

your forking kidding fake aluminium... :rolleyes:

1d3cb771-b699-4175-8507-6d835cbca0d8_zps

#44 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

:empathy3:

No thanks Shane, my woodgrain is in good condition so no need to replace as yet.

I will however buy those JDM clear side courtesy lights if ever you want to sell :D

your plastic wood :sarcastic: sorry not for sale but you can have the whole car then you will get some clear covers :rolleyes:

#45 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

*you're

#46 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

Just accept it Shane, the AUDM B4 is just better than the JDM.

Posted Image

#47 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

If we could drop this topic and stay on the subject matter, that would be appreciated guys ;) It doesn't matter if your car is JDM or AUDM - Subaru dashboards from around 2000 was never anything to boast about...

it is designed to be a lazy car, there won't be much you can do about the lack of torque low down. they are heavy cars coupled to an auto tranny = no fun.

Yup, and they were heavy cars even before the auto-box was put in. The H6 engine alone ads 40KG I believe. Plus another 40KG for H6 spec extras apparently.

I'm thinking CAI eventually? That would make *some* difference. Manual conversion is not really an option at this stage.

I am nitpicking though. Its not bad to drive by any means. But I like to make it as good as I can. Thats all part of the fun I guess!

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#48 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

If we could drop this topic and stay on the subject matter, that would be appreciated guys ;)

Wait a minute... this isn't the General Thread?

#49 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:14 PM

Wait a minute... this isn't the General Thread?

Nah mate, thats the one with 1000+ pages and a serial stalker called Wally or something :P

#50 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

Week 2 update:

Having a wagon has already proved mighty useful! My mates laugh at me for upgrading to the old mans car but I suspect they'll be giving me a call when they need help moving house or something :sarcastic:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1. I picked up this K&N Performance Air Filter earlier in the week:
Posted Image

The old one was a dirty ratty looking thing. I genuinely felt a slight increase in responsiveness from installing this K&N one, so all in all, a good buy.

2. Today I got a set of replacement front seats + drivers side door trim from an identical H6 Luxury at a wrecker. Those of you who saw the car at the monthly meet noticed the wear and tear on the front seats and this was something I was wanting to rectify ASAP.

Next week...warranty claims. Nothing serious thankfully. Just exercising my rights ;)

#51 MiniWalks

MiniWalks

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

check if that K&N filter is dry-based or oil-based. oil based filters can cause hot-spotting on the MAF

#52 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:11 PM

check if that K&N filter is dry-based or oil-based.

oil based filters can cause hot-spotting on the MAF

only if you don't know how to apply it properly...

MY07 GT spec B

#53 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:37 PM

only if you don't know how to apply it properly...

regardless.

oiled filters shouldn't be used on cars with hotwire AFM's.

Doesn't mean you can't.

Isn't English your first language, alexxxxxxxxx?

Wagons rock, Shiv. You already knew this.

What the heck is that behemoth in the back of your car? It's freaking bigger than you!

As for Air filters.... I'd drop the resonator, and any other restrictions in the intake. It has been proven many times elsewhere, that the restriction in the intake side of things isn't in the filter, but in the intake paths themselves. More gains to be had replacing intake pipework, rather than wasting coin on expensive filters. You've seen Paul's H6 Liberty? Something like that would be ideal in your situation.

Get the exhaust sorted, and then a flash tune. And you'll be loving life*!

*I take no responsibility in that Labrasaurus Rex loving the exhaust note

#54 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

Yup lots of mods on the cards. I'm going to test the resonator removal to see how loud it makes it. I want to make sure it isn't excessively noisy because it has the potential to ruin the otherwise refined character of this car. All a matter of balancing the increased performance with added noise it makes. Exhaust mod will most likely happen further down the line That big dog you see there is Sandy. Shes a Goldie. Turning 8-years this coming September 11. Big part of why I wanted a wagon! Putting her in the RX was cruel to both her and my rear seats. Now she has all the space in the world. Despite her two steel knees, she jumps eagerly into the cargo area. Next week I got a set of clear courtesy lights for the doors. Its off a JDM Legacy. Much better than the AUDM red flood lights. I'll chuck some LEDs in there as well whilst I'm at it. Next month, I'm getting a 7" touchscreen headunit with all the usual (DVD, Bluetooth, iPod con) PLUS rear camera and digital TV tuner. Should be a pretty decent setup!

#55 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:01 PM

Yup lots of mods on the cards. I'm going to test the resonator removal to see how loud it makes it. I want to make sure it isn't excessively noisy because it has the potential to ruin the otherwise refined character of this car. All a matter of balancing the increased performance with added noise it makes. Exhaust mod will most likely happen further down the line

That big dog you see there is Sandy. Shes a Goldie. Turning 8-years this coming September 11. Big part of why I wanted a wagon! Putting her in the RX was cruel to both her and my rear seats. Now she has all the space in the world. Despite her two steel knees, she jumps eagerly into the cargo area.

Next week I got a set of clear courtesy lights for the doors. Its off a JDM Legacy. Much better than the AUDM red flood lights. I'll chuck some LEDs in there as well whilst I'm at it.

Next month, I'm getting a 7" touchscreen headunit with all the usual (DVD, Bluetooth, iPod con) PLUS rear camera and digital TV tuner. Should be a pretty decent setup!

Watch those cheap units shiv. I would recommend saving and buying a decent brand mate. I might be able to score you an eclipse for under $2000 if your interested. shiv should have got a hks panel filter of phat gt mate, no oil and you wash it out in water

great looking dog shiv

#56 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

I'm settling for a Kenwood because they have a model without the navigation, so I can get it a bit cheaper. I use my Navman for navigation, and its a great little unit I got on promotion with free live traffic and 3-years free maps (great for those new safety cameras!). Its also in an easier location to view & use. All up my system should cost me a shade over $1500 installed, including the camera and TV. It also includes the $60 iPod cable ripoff :angry: But thats how they make their money... As you know, I love the Eclipse AVN-series units. Much better than those new Pioneer AVIC units which are overrated and overpriced. But they come with the Nav so I'm paying for something I won't use. And yes, I gotta start using ASN more to score these parts!!

#57 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

I would not use an oiled filter with a hot wire MAF. Some stock paper filters are lightly oiled and have been known to cause dramas.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users